Nemesis - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Swarm Chris

Robert.W wrote:Apparently half of the second train is in pieces, so looks like it'll be one train for a while...
Please don't tell me this is planned maintenance right on top of half term and then all the school trips!
Jack

Seeing the ride today, the second train is mostly together in the maintenance bay, the visible car is missing a restraint. Depending on the actual condition it was in the other day this may be a good sign that it's soon to return. If it was not in fact in pieces as reported, this could be the start of the maintenance itself. :)
Robert.W

Oh, well it's a good sign if the train is now nearly back together! Hopefully it'll be in operation very soon!

JC13

The second train is in operation again today, not sure when it came back on. Guessing yesterday
Mikw

JC13 wrote:The second train is in operation again today, not sure when it came back on. Guessing yesterday
In the nick of time for half term week
Tom170499

Isn’t it a coincidence that the second train is “in maintenance” during the “off peak” period (which wasn’t off peak at all last week). And now it’s all of a sudden back...
Justin

I think it is a little unfair to say that. If work needs to be done then work needs to be done. Of course their main priority will be to get it up and running for the half term to manage queue times.
SilverBullet

only one car was running on Tuesday. 30 minute queue in the morning.

Love this ride but isn't it sad how the red river is running clear now, and plants / moss all over the station building :(
Robert.W

It is a real shame about the red rivers.. really wish they'd find a way to bring it back, but I'm not really hopeful it'll happen sadly. :( Didn't notice that the station had plants and moss over it though?? It's just been completely renovated, and I didn't notice anything when I was last there..

SilverBullet

Robert.W wrote:It is a real shame about the red rivers.. really wish they'd find a way to bring it back, but I'm not really hopeful it'll happen sadly. :( Didn't notice that the station had plants and moss over it though?? It's just been completely renovated, and I didn't notice anything when I was last there..
Up on the high bridge just as you're about to enter the station check out the moulding around the station, it's not in great nick despite being renovated in the last few years. :(
One thing I'd forgotten about is how funny the station looped track excitedly saying "NEMESIS!" is.  Writing it doesn't do it justice, when you know, you know.
Robert.W

Ah right, I think I know whereabouts you mean now. I haven't actually used that entrance this year at all as I last went to Towers when Nemesis was on one train operation, so Fastrack was needed sadly. 

I think that station is something they will need to touch up year after year otherwise it'll just deteriorate to the mess that it was before the renovations :( 

Wagstaff04

Robert.W wrote:It is a real shame about the red rivers.. really wish they'd find a way to bring it back, but I'm not really hopeful it'll happen sadly. :(
If I’m correct, they removed it due to the red water infecting the water supply of villages around the area. 
Robert.W

Yep, you are. It would be nice if they could have found away around removing the feature completely though. 

Stan.H

I highly doubt we'll ever see the red river come back, mainly because Towers don't have the money, time and most likely effort to do so. As much as I'd love to see it make a return, the amount of plumbing needed to be done will probably be quite extensive, so I'm just happy we at least have running water on the waterfalls and everything if I'm being honest. I do hope though that maybe one day we see the return of it!
Dungeon-X-Smile

I would do anything to see the return of the red water, it added so much atmosphere and looked amazing! But alas, I don't think it's likely. I mean, if they can't get all the screens or projectors working in the Smiler's queue, then seeing them tackle something as detailed as dying the water again seems to be out of reach. 
Coaster Clan

Which logo do you prefer? The new logo or old logo? I prefer the old! :D
'Sit Back, It's Fright Time!'
ThemeParkEwan

Coaster Clan wrote:Which logo do you prefer? The new logo or old logo? I prefer the old! :D
I prefer the new one, but what year was it changed?
Coaster Clan

It changed in 1998 I believe.
'Sit Back, It's Fright Time!'
Robert.W

It's a shame, I prefer the old one to be honest. New ones still nice though. 

Chris
Admin
Admin

Missed our new POV posted in the week?

Here you go..