Nemesis - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Mr_Gibson

I rode it today and it gave me a head bang that it doesn’t normally do. I rode it first thing on a cool morning so that may have something to do with it!
Swarm Chris

With Big One at Pleasure Beach undergoing retracking, it makes me wonder how long until we see the two-month older Nemesis undergo something similar?

There have already been cranes on site a few times last year, knocking it out of service. Whilst Universal Orlando proved B&M don't make indestructible rides, albeit having run their roller coasters a little bit more brutally than the UK parks.
Coaster Chall

That is actually a decent shout. Maybe for the ride's 30th birthday in 2024, the ride will be fully retracked with newer B&M track, but it all depends on if the ride needs it or not.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Alton Towers Resort have submitted an application to Staffordshire Moorlands District Council to confirm the lawfulness of maintenance works to Nemesis, with the intention of increasing the rollercoaster’s lifespan.

The application seeks to confirm the lawfulness of the work, which in simpler terms aims to provide the Council with the relevant information to formally clarify that a full planning application is not necessary. It is proposed that the majority of the roller coaster's track sections will be replaced, including 89 of the 117 supports, along with work to strengthen and improve the foundations.

TowersTimes News looks into the application in depth, along with the planning documents, associate images, and speculative details on what improvements we may see.

https://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2022 ... eplacement

What do you make of this major overhaul?

cookiee_munster

This is great news! it's not leaving the park! ever! :D
ColaRoaster

Wow, I can't believe they're gonna replace almost the whole shebang. In any case, I'm glad she's staying and hope that no shortcuts are taken.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Agree - hopefully there will be ample budget for the theming and presentation once the new hardware is in.
ArchiprntUK

Chris wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:23 pm Agree - hopefully there will be ample budget for the theming and presentation once the new hardware is in.
We want justice for the once red waterfalls! Bring the colour back!
Alton Towers theme park prints:
http://www.archiprnt.com

Sale now on!
Prints are cheapest on our website, but you will also find us on Etsy and EBay.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ArchiPrnt