Adventure Island

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Nick

Whats the latest on Aeronaught?! Or whatever it was called?! Has it been scrapped?

Any major plans for 2009 or 2010?
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""Nick""]Whats the latest on Aeronaught?! Or whatever it was called?! Has it been scrapped?

Any major plans for 2009 or 2010?[/quote]

Aeronaut has not been scrapped, due to delays at the manufacturer it meant they could not deliver the ride on time and the time they could deliver it for would be during the summer which is a huge issue. So construction is planned to start after the Summer.

As for 2009 and 2010, nothing has yet been announced but the plan was to invest £10million into the park and the Sealife Adventure over a 3 year period starting from 2007, so 2009/2010 should also be years of more major investment.
Ash

Awesome, i love your updates dr pop keep them coming!
Anonymous

I dont know if you know but the special effects and audio visual installation commences this Monday 30th, I shall be working at Adventure Island on this project from start to finish.

I know some forum members had a lot of time for Beelzebob's Trail and was sad to see it go, but as some know Over The Hill is due to open in August 2008.

I shall be there on opening day and it will be opened officially by a celebrity. If anybody is going to support the opening day them please PM me and we can all arrange to meet (providing I am not too busy ironing out any faults (which I hope isnt going to be the case))

If there is enough interest them I will post it in Trip Planning & Reports forum, but dont want to clog it up with yet another mini-meet.

Please dont PM, Email or ask me for pictures/videos/audio whilst the ride is being built as I shall not send/show anything, as its going to be a big surprise, and Adventure Island have done really well at keeping anything from being leaked.

This is quite possibly one of the most interesting projects I have worked on, and rest assured it will be fantastic when it opens and a credit to the owners and the theme park industry.

Anonymous

Took some "Generic" photos today of the park and the surrounding area. Enjoy...

Dr Pop Rocket

Had a bit of spare time today and had my camcorder at the hand so got some on ride footage of Devils Creek Gold Mine. It shows all of the new changes the most noticeable being the new audio.

Clicky
Anonymous

Some news from Adventure Island.

All the lighting and sound system are now going in and the control systems are installed along with the special effects.

Its going to be a fantastic experience, I can assure you of that..
Dr Pop Rocket

Over The Hill Update

All of the internal ride theming is complete and all of the effects, lighting etc have been installed and will be programmed over the next 10 days and the ride will have a soft opening for the last few weeks of summer as the exterior is incomplete. After the summer is up the exterior will be completed and any changes will be made that are required.

It will then officially be launched during the Light Fantastic event.

Photos from today:

Anonymous

Over The Hill Construction Photos:-

Dr Pop Rocket

Got a couple of rides on Over The Hill today as it is in finale testing stages. If you experienced Beelzee Bob's and enjoyed it you will without a doubt love Over The Hill and appreciate how much it has vastly improved. It has everything that made Beelzee Bob's good but is now more technically advanced with fantastic projections, lighting, audio and show sequences among other things. In no way is it an amazing dark ride, but for such a small park it is quite a large step forward in the right direction. The press day is this Tuesday and it will officially open on the 24th October. Oh, the finale scene has a rather lovely twist to it...I will not say anymore. :P

A montage of some of the early animation is now online with the OTH theme underscore in the background.

Clicky

JamieDeath

Oh! I thought this was allready open when I went last time, I only went on Rage, but I thought this was open, silly me, well il be going again in December I think (closes really early though :x ) so hopefully I can go on this a few times then :) But yeah looking good
Dr Pop Rocket

Just an update, Over The Hill and Fright Fantastic officially launch tomorrow and final preparations are underway as can be seen from the pictures below of Fright Fantastic theming being put in place. The event will involve park wide halloween music, trick or treat rides, halloween hunts, spooky character parades and the grand opening of Over The Hill which has been getting positive reviews from local press and competition winners who got to ride it on the media day this past Tuesday. This is set to be possibly the busiest October Half Term to date with a lot of advertising, press attention and anticipation for the opening of Over The Hill, so it appears the park will be finishing its peak season on a high, fingers crossed the weather stays nice.

Banners located throughout the park on the Light Fantastic poles.

Reverend Pumpkin head has returned from the dead. Other large displays will be set up tomorrow using old Beelzee Bob's theming.

Goblins have invaded the park.

Spider

I believe I can fly...

Echo Over The Hill Feature

A lot more theming is set to go up throughout tomorrow, making this possibly the parks best thought out and executed event. Be sure to pop down and say Hi if you get the chance this half term.
Dr Pop Rocket

Harry Potter star "Rupert Grint" visited the park on Saturday, an article on his visit can be found at the link below. He certainly is one of the more higher profile celebrities to have visited the park, other famous visitors include Bradley Walsh, Cheryl Ferguson and Jade Goody.

Blue Peter will also be at the park this week to film for a segment involving Rage. The feature that will be broadcast at the end of March will also feature Kumali (Flamingo Land) and Colossus (Thorpe Park).

I shall post when I am informed of the broadcast date. :)

Echo Article
AstroDan

Love it! Rage gets the footage and not Saw.

:P
Joe Koopa

Maybe Saw would be to scary for the little ones?
AstroDan

You have a good point, they could perceive it as innapropriate to feature a ride which is effectively a "12A". Although they always focus on the raw coaster/thrill, not the theming on these things anyway.

:)
Khanage

Out of interest does anyone know how much a Euro-fighter like Rage actually costs? The Wiki page says it was in the region of £3 million, is that right? (You know how Wiki is sometimes!)

Thanks. :D
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Nick

That would sound about right.

I'm sure if Dr. Pop reads your post he will tell you the exact costing
Dara

I was having a look at the Adventure Island site and there were a few things i was unsure about.

Firstly, half price wristband after 6pm are advertised. If you buy a wristband before 6pm at the higher price, will it still be valid for use after 6pm? So in other words, can a wristband bought before 6pm be used on rides before AND after 6, or does it stop being valid at 6pm?

Another thing i wasn't sure about is do you have to have a wristband to get on to the rides? Do they have a token or pay per ride system for people who don't want to do many rides? I know the park is free entry, but the website only seems to advertise wristbands.

Finally i was just generally wondering what the park is like. I only really want to go for Rage, but have never been so wondered what it's like.