Sponsor A Scream

Archive for past events.
NemesisRider

I have just found this page.
What can you do for "sponsor a scream"? Maybe a sponsored sing of a well-known song whilst on The Smiler...
Then I could watch the ride video! :)
TomL

*This post is picture heavy*

Hi All,

Before I start, in reply to nemesis rider's question, Sponsor A Scream only do scheduled events organised right here on TowersTimes, however if you want to raise money for Merlin's Magic Wand at any Merlin attraction or out of the attractions, contact the charity to arrange something. I hope that answers your question :)

I would just like to thank Laura, Stephen, Jordan, Caleb and also the Operations team at Alton Towers for a wonderful day out on the resort fundraising for Merlin's Magic Wand and Clatterbridge Cancer Charity. It was extremely tiring running all across the park, on a very hot day too! But the teams managed to finish in 2 hours and 30 minutes which is 45 minutes faster than the resorts estimated time for the relay and raise approximately £400. (I do not have the full total yet due to not all of the money being handed in but once all money has been handed over I predict that the total will be just over £400).

We started the day off meeting the resort's operations manager on the way into the park for a picture against the towers where we sorted out Tee Shirts and wristbands for the day ready for the race to start at 12pm which it did. We had 7 legs of the race and to find out the winner, we worked on a 'best of 7' basis to find the winner due to difficulties with fastracks. For each leg of the race, the participants were handed an envelope in which contained grid references to locate on a map to find out where to go to. Who won what leg of the race is below:

Leg 1: Start(Box Office)-Air won by Team 2 (Caleb and Jordan)
Leg 2: Air-Rita won by Team 1 and 2
Leg 3: Rita-Oblivion won by Team 2
Leg 4: Oblivion-Enterprise won by Team 1
Leg 5: Enterprise-Th13teen won by Team 1 and 2
Leg 6: Th13teen-Ripsaw won by Team 1 (Laura and Stephen)
Leg 7: Ripsaw-Nemesis won by Team 1
*Finish*
So in conclusion, Team 1 (Laura and Stephen) won!

Photos from the day
(c) Tom Leadsom - Please ask for permission before re-posting anywhere else.

The start line

The winners of leg 1

The losers of leg 1

Winners of the second leg

A tie for the third leg to Oblivion

Oblivion

Team two were the winners by a hair at Enterprise

Enterprise

Team 1 winner at Th13teen

Teams going over Th13teen's drop

The park keepers were like obsticles as we ran past, trying to make us dance!

Ripsaw

The race to the finish is on!

The winner of the last leg arrives!

The others quickly follow

Fright time!

Thank you again for all of your donations, sponsors and also thanks again to Laura, Stephen, Jordan and Caleb for not getting angry at me for making you run the furthest distances as possible :')