Sponsor A Scream

Archive for past events.
TomL

Hi Guys!

As some of you may know already, last year we organised a charity event in aid of Merlin's Magic Wand and Clatterbridge Cancer Charity which proved to be a success where we raised £277 for those two charities. Although the Oblivion challenge was fun, there is a lot more in store for 2014 which will only get better as the year progresses.

The next event in Sponsor A Scream's calendar is the Sponsor A Scream's Big Race 2014.

[align=center]Image[/align]

This event will support the same charities and take place on Thursday 19th June 2013 at Alton Towers Theme Park. For it to proceed, we will require 2 teams of 4 with at least 2 over 18's in each group who will be aiming to raise an amazing total of £800!

The fundraising event consists of what is essentially, racing around the park to see who can finish a list of rides in the quickest time, you will be given the list of rides as soon as you start so you can't plan your way beforehand! However, as we're enthusiasts on TT and a lot of us know the park just as well as we know our own home, and so there will be an unexpected twist to make it harder for you all! (sorry, I know I'm mean but it's for charity!)
If you do not have an Annual Pass, entry to the park is free so there is no expense spared either :)

If you are interested in taking part or if you have a query, please don't hesitate to send me a PM and then we can take it from there!

Happy TTing!
Tom
Last edited by TomL on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.B

Would love to be in a team for this! Just depends on if it's during school time or not! :)
TomL

I do apologise for the event being held on a normal school day, however, this means that we can move around quicker whilst hopefully not disturbing others days out. Another thing to add to my first post, for the rides you do go to, you will be given the fastracks you need to get you all through as quickly as possible. The event does not include The Smiler but since it's being held on possibly one of the quietest days of the year and the event will not take all day, I'm sure we will have plenty of time to get around the rides not included in the actual fundraiser.
Last edited by TomL on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

I may be able to blab my way to this! :D
Dr.Kelham

I might be interested, will have to check when I finish my exams, if I have finished exams by then I should be game :)
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Lee

jackandylan123 wrote: I may be able to blab my way to this! :D
We don't suggest anyone truant school for this. It isn't in the nature of the charity work, and has some potentially very serious implications for both you and your guardians.
Dr.Kelham

Just looked at my calendar and it appears my exams will have finished on the Monday and finished for good at school, then start new job at AT in July :D
TomL

Lee wrote:
We don't suggest anyone truant school for this. It isn't in the nature of the charity work, and has some potentially very serious implications for both you and your guardians.
I fully support what Lee has said. So don't skip school! There might be other opportunities in the future for those in school to take.
Jack

right, another shot at this post!
Lee wrote:
OK, so just clarifying, when I originally posted I didn't realise that it had been confirmed as a week day (in other words; I didn't bother to read :P) and meant that I would get one of me parents to take me up to Towers. After you posted that I actually bothered to read and saw that it was a school day and in the original try at this post, tried to make it seem as if I knew it was a school day as opposed to looking lazy (well, seems stupid that I tried to do that now that I think about it :P) I do take my education seriously and wouldn't play truant to go AT, core day or not :)
Kirsty25

I'll come as an over 18 though running around the park may be out of the question... See if my bf would be interested in taking part too.
Dr.Kelham

As a 19 year old dependent on training at AT and everything else, I am sure I could do it :)
TomL

That's Great! I'll contact you via PM soon to pass on some more details.

Tom :)
TomL

Hey Guys!

Have a look at our new Just Giving page HERE were you can donate and keep an eye on what we're up to.
You can also text NEME51 £1, £2 or £5 to 70070 (for example 'NEME51 £2') to donate to a wonderful cause.
You can also keep an up on our fundraising by keeping an eye on our Facebook page and Twitter page to see what were getting up to.

~Edit~

We now have a new tumblr so get following and sharing on there! http://www.sponsorascream.tumblr.com
Don't forget to like/follow us!
Last edited by TomL on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomL

Hi guys,

I'm just posting to tell you all about our awesome eBay auctions where we are currently selling off a number of theme park themed items.

We are currently selling socks! (Yes you did hear me right, Alton Towers themed socks!). A lot of the socks have generated a lot of ,interest and have current bids of up to £6 from a 49p starting price. Most of them end tonight. 100% of the final highest bid will go towards SponsorAScream's Big Race target of £800

We will be posting more items right up until the event takes place in June this year. a link to our main page where you can access all items is below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/sponsorascream

Happy Bidding :)
Tom
Last edited by TomL on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomL

~UPDATE~
Out of the 4 auctions which have ended tonight, we have sold all of the items on sale tonight which brings the eBay Auction total up to £19.00. Thank you for those who have bought from us. We still have a number of items currently selling on eBay which can be accessed by the link in the post above.

Thank you :)
Deejay

TomL wrote:~UPDATE~
Out of the 4 auctions which have ended tonight, we have sold all of the items on sale tonight which brings the eBay Auction total up to £19.00. Thank you for those who have bought from us. We still have a number of items currently selling on eBay which can be accessed by the link in the post above.

Thank you :)
Great stuff Tom keep up the good work!
TomL

Today's the day! There is still time to donate or sponsor by clicking the banners below. There will be a live blog feed running throughout the fundraiser which is predicted to start just after midday here.
Danny

Good luck and have fun! :)
TomL

We've all arrived and the race will begin at 12pm. Image
TomL

And we've finished! Team 1 won by an extremely small margin. Our grand total will be announced in the next week and photos from the fundraiser will be up asap! :)
The participants managed to go on Air, then run across the valley to Rita, then to Oblivion, Enterprise and back to Th13teen. They then completed another cross valley trek to end the fundraiser on Ripsaw and Nemesis in 2hrs 30mins . That's approximately 5 miles per person and Rita couldn't help breaking down during our ride. Thank you to all donations, you can still donate at the relavent pages. Thank you!