Submission Replacement

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
awsomelycoolboy

I could definitely see that fitting in to the MOJ theme.
Sr88

Another experiment, which ends up driving everybody insane!
theparklifekid

i think a bunch of 4 seater robo arms could fit in that space. if not just push it back a little
fillc85

theparklifekid wrote:i think a bunch of 4 seater robo arms could fit in that space. if not just push it back a little
    I love the idea of Roboarms that would be so cool.
    Danny

Unfortunately AT couldn't get them due to such low throughput. New rides pull in fairly large crowds, robo arms couldn't cope.
    fillc85

DannyG wrote:Unfortunately AT couldn't get them due to such low throughput. New rides pull in fairly large crowds, robo arms couldn't cope.
    Aye agreed forget about the throughput damn AT being so popular lol
    theparklifekid

fillc85 wrote:
    DannyG wrote:Unfortunately AT couldn't get them due to such low throughput. New rides pull in fairly large crowds, robo arms couldn't cope.
    Aye agreed forget about the throughput damn AT being so popular lol

They could make it in a building which also goes underground and have multiple rooms with 2 4 seater robo arms back to back. Theme it around correcting more victims and have a pre show and maybe a post show after the ride
    fillc85

If we cant have roboarm what about a Vekoma Time Warp. Its about same height that submission was and its one of those rides you try before your first looping coaster.
    Themeparksandy1981

Looking at the site yesterday where Submission once stood you wouldn't have guessed that there was a ride there. Most of the old queue line that was at the back of the ride and never used is still there so they do plan on using the site again.
    theparklifekid

fillc85 wrote:If we cant have roboarm what about a Vekoma Time Warp. Its about same height that submission was and its one of those rides you try before your first looping coaster.
    sorry but i disagree. it is basically a floorless version of submission
    fillc85

Yes thats why I suggested that ride the colours could be the same as submission, yet the experience would be different. I think I was one of the few peeps that actually liked submission.
    Sr88

Don't know if this one has been brought up yet, but with Ripsaw also on the way out soon, why not put a top spin in here to replace it, and then the Ripsaw space might be used for a rollercoaster (obviously not only in that space, but it could include that space).
    Burniel

People have been able to experience Ripsaw for nearly 20 years. Wouldn't you much rather something new and exciting than a copy of a ride you've been going on since the '90s?

Out with the old and in with the new?
    Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
    Danny

Dan.B wrote:People have been able to experience Ripsaw for nearly 20 years. Wouldn't you much rather something new and exciting than a copy of a ride you've been going on since the '90s?

Out with the old and in with the new?
    Not many seem to have that attitude with The Smiler, and when the corkscrew left :lol
    theparklifekid

we may not get any new ride at all. maybe just some arcade games, restaurant or a even seating area.
    Alex

Or maybe a new flat ride ;)
    Altontowersbarlow

Alton Towers specifically mentioned a re-development of the Submission site on social media therefore I think the development will be a ride as oppose to a restaurant as Alton Towers obviously think the development will be of public interest hence their announcement. Regarding the type of ride I would like to see replace Submission, I am still unsure.
    Danny

I have a feeling they will replace Submission at the end of this year, ready to open next year :sus:
    sw7nutter

Its basically guaranteed that altons new flat next year is on the submission site. Also a thing to note is that taller flats can go there as the ground is rather low.
    Themeparksandy1981

DannyG wrote:I have a feeling they will replace Submission at the end of this year, ready to open next year :sus:
    Well they removed the ug swinger and the beastie and there sites are still empty. It took 8 years to use the black hole site again.