Submission to be removed

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Altonboy001

Submission is old, rubbish, the controls are scrambled, and one car doesn't work. It physically hurts you so just get rid and get a new better mini-thrill :P :P
Last edited by Altonboy001 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Nemesis rider
Mark.aa

Put Ripsaw there, then it will leave space in Forbidden Valley for a station for a cross valley coaster, or an Intamin Zac Spin (coaster corner), unlikely as Drayton Manor have one.
Last edited by Mark.aa on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pillsburyb

Mark.aa wrote: Put Ripsaw there, then it will leave space in Forbidden Valley for a station for a cross valley coaster, or an Intamin Zac Spin (coaster corner), unlikely as Drayton Manor have one.
Drayton Manor, ZacSpin???
Mark.aa

Sorry thought they had one called mumbo jumbo, but it was a s&s el loco.
LoopyDan

Mark.aa wrote: Sorry thought they had one called mumbo jumbo, but it was a s&s el loco.
That's at Flamingoland not Drayton Manor :P
Cookie Monster

Maybe they will put in a new restaurant there. A little like this one: Image
(sorry, I'm not very good at Google Sketchup)
Last edited by Cookie Monster on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

No thank you.

With fried chicken next door, they really don't need another restaurant there. They might do it, but I think it would be a bad decision.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Cookie Monster

Thanks for the feedback ILC. From what I can gather, most people think that TFCC is overpriced for a little meal.
Burniel

Cookie Monster wrote: Thanks for the feedback ILC. From what I can gather, most people think that TFCC is overpriced for a little meal.
I cannot give feedback on FCC, because I've never been there, but I can tell you, the one at Chessington is a bit overpriced, but gets long queues and is better than KFC. Of course, that's nothing to say the same goes for the one in X-Sector.

If AT wanted a Ministry of Joy restaurant, they could just refurbish FCC.
Cookie Monster

Yea I know, but where Submission is has quite a small surface area.
Burniel

Cookie Monster wrote: Yea I know, but where Submission is has quite a small surface area.
You've just shot yourself in the foot, my friend.

If Towers were to open a MOJ restaurant, they would want it to be big to maximise capacity, and ultimately, profits. Therefore, a small area like the Submission site would not be their ideal place for a MOJ eatery.

So the fact that Submission was small is actually a knock back to your theory about the restaurant going in.
Cookie Monster

Ilovecoasters wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote: Yea I know, but where Submission is has quite a small surface area.

If Towers were to open a MOJ restaurant, they would want it to be big to maximise capacity, and ultimately, profits. Therefore, a small area like the Submission site would not be their ideal place for a MOJ eatery.

So the fact that Submission was small is actually a knock back to your theory about the restaurant going in.
The Rehydrator is small, that is in the X-sector. That is why I think they could fit something like that in there.
Burniel

Cookie Monster wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:

The Rehydrator is small, that is in the X-sector. That is why I think they could fit something like that in there.
If there are two places to eat in X-Sector why do we need a restaurant in the first place?
stealthsmiler

I have to admit it sounds weird 'Submission used to be located in X-Sector'. Not that I'll miss it terribly (It's sad when any ride leaves really, except one or two). It was painful!!!

It would be brill if in the space between Feb half term and opening day a new flat was quickly constructed but as that's unlikely due to little time and CBeebies Land, a quick, cheap and TEMPORARY (emphasis on temporary) stall/attraction would be good to fill the gap until either a new flat is built or Enterprise is removed and a big new flat is built. I would love a ride like an S&S Screamin' Swing, a KMG Afterburner, a Fabbri Evolution (as it's the smaller version) or a Fabbri Top Swing. Although most are too tall so unlikely.

They could even construct an indoor maze like The Sanctuary on the site and put new flats elsewhere (Dark Forest). The indoor maze could either be the introduction to Ministry of Joy getting you ready for The Smiler. Or it could be a test after The Smiler to make sure you have been corrected properly. If the latter was used, Oblivion could be re-themed (orange painted yellow) to be The Ministry of Joy's way of disposing those who haven't been corrected properly. This would give a really good overall theme for the area.
Last edited by stealthsmiler on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rossdeadmanz

I really wasn't a fan of Submission (Being a Male I found it to be very painful!) but I'm sad to see it leave X-Sector. I'd love AT to replace it with a new version of The Sanctuary to support the theme of The Smiler
Themeparksandy1981

Any ground pictures of the Submission site yet?
lf2001

I'm thinking next year they'll probably take Enterprise out (it's like 30 years old now or something?) and like other people have said, construct a larger flat. Possibly a KMG Afterburner, sort of 'near misses' with Oblivion when it exits the tunnel. Would be quite fun I think.
Owen

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:Any ground pictures of the Submission site yet?

There you go (in the MI7 topic)
Themeparksandy1981

I have seen them pics thanks that's why I asked if there was any pics taken from the ground since Sat?
I always said that when X sector first opened the restaurant should have stayed where it was and the games machines didnt need moving to a bigger building.
Dr.Kelham

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:I have seen them pics thanks that's why I asked if there was any pics taken from the ground since Sat?
I always said that when X sector first opened the restaurant should have stayed where it was and the games machines didnt need moving to a bigger building.
I very almost did on Sunday but didn't in the end sorry
With thanks to lewis97 :)