Submission to be removed

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
tallicay2k

Ahh (sits back in chair)
So submission has been beaten in to.....submission.

Let's face it we could all see it happening, only time will tell what they are gonna do (not a pathetic stall I hope)
The return of Energizer would be amazing :)
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Themeparksandy1981

Like I said on the future topic I think it's got to be a major problem with Submission which they can't fix or like the Astrodancer&Energizer the parts needed cost more money then the ride worth. I think if there's nothing wrong with Submission then it's a poor decision to retire it without replacing it with another flat ride for the 2014 season.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bensaund

It is not a choice to remove it for no reason. It would be down to cost in some form or another. There is no point in spending a fortune on a ride which has not worked at full capacity for years and is not very popular.

What is a shame is they did not make an announcement that they had something to go in its place.

I'm guessing the decision to remove the ride happened at some point over the closed season and not due to their long term development plan.
If you go down to the woods today
Mark.aa

Never went on it.
Won't miss it like Black Hole or Thunder Looper (backwards drop feeling :oops:).
Never really noticed it running.
Is this why Oblivion has been removed from the half term ride line up, to keep the area clear for dismantling and Smiler fettling?

Disable Submission's safety features, turn on both arms, stand back and leave it to dismantle itself (post it on YouTube).

Bet there will be a games stall there .
Last edited by Mark.aa on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themeparksandy1981

I not against them removing Submission&the same can be said about Enterprise&Ripsaw as not been on theses for years. I just against them removing rides and not replacing them straight away or not at all like in the Dark Forest area.
Ripsaw Raver

I will miss seeing Submission standing proud in imposing form at the bottom of X-Sector
"Submission departs - Be prepared for disembarkation - All candidates.. hang in there"
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Kirsty25

I won't miss Submission and am personally glad it's on its way out.

I'd like to see Enterprise stay for two reasons 1) it is one of my first memories of Alton Towers and 2) It was closed most of last season for repairs/maintenance, it'd be a waste of money to remove it after footing the bill for repairs.

Be interested though in seeing what will replace it!
Ripsaw Raver

I really hope they do somthing useful with the Metal structure, im sure they could give it some MOJ purpose, Sort of a grave stone to Subby lol
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Dan

Not sure how relevant this is but I saw the Short Break TV advert on Sky News this morning and right at the end they still had Submission in the background. Maybe this adds to the speculation that they found something during winter maintainance that has forced them to remove the ride ahead of schedule?
jackcullen

I must be the only person in the planet that's going to miss Submission lol. I didn't find it too painful and was a interesting and unique experience. RIP Submission :D
DrReeve

All I can hope for is this. Ive never ridden one so I don't know what its like but its looks insane.
Image credit to Lewis97
BenBowser

That's pretty much a swinging inverter ship. Not too Diffrent from Submission, so it should fit on the site. :P
Katherine

I'm probably one of the not many people glad it's going, it's painful and to be honest I really didn't like it. In the near future I hope a better flat gets put there, however I'm not sure what they'll do with that space entirely.
SwEDEN

DrReeve wrote: All I can hope for is this. Ive never ridden one so I don't know what its like but its looks insane.
They should make one of those but where the seat rotates around the axis like a Fabbri Booster....
Burniel

Katherine wrote: I'm probably one of the not many people glad it's going, it's painful and to be honest I really didn't like it. In the near future I hope a better flat gets put there, however I'm not sure what they'll do with that space entirely.
I don't think many people liked it, and would be happy to see a nice flat put in as a replacement, we're just sad that, knowing Merlin, there won't be a flat there
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
mattiepearce

I know it won't happen but I'd like to see a ride like this http://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/thrill-ri ... andemonium.
I can dream.
Thorpe Towers 13

Looking back there have been plenty of previous flat rides. For example Energizer was removed for Submission. I did like the idea of submission and the ride to an extent, however being a bloke the discomfort, shall we say, did put a bit of a downer on the ride. But yeah, am sure something better (hopefully more comfortable) will replace it.

Ripsaw however, NOOOOO!!! Dont remove that, that ride is awesome! Remove blade its utter rubbish! Or better Sub Terra!
SwEDEN wrote:
DrReeve wrote: All I can hope for is this. Ive never ridden one so I don't know what its like but its looks insane.
They should make one of those but where the seat rotates around the axis like a Fabbri Booster....
This would be awesome! Especially with smiler colors :)
Last edited by Thorpe Towers 13 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
hands in the air and scream!
MinecraftFan96

One of those would look amazing in X-Sector! It would make the area look so much better! Even with M.O.J theming.
The Smiler is becoming too powerful! Its replacing your memories with its own! SMILE. ALWAYS.
tallicay2k

Would be funny if they stuck another toilet facility in its place.....the look on our faces  :lol:
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
MinecraftFan96

tallicay2k wrote: Would be funny if they stuck another toilet facility in its place.....the look on our faces  :lol:
I would rage. So much. :evil:
Last edited by MinecraftFan96 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Smiler is becoming too powerful! Its replacing your memories with its own! SMILE. ALWAYS.