Nemesis@20 - 22nd March 2014 - Discussion

Archive for past events.
Martin

I honestly don't know.
What I would do is e-mail or tweet towers with the question,explaining about the Nemesis@20 event and times.
And just ask the question.
You never know.
Last edited by Martin on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Zach

Where is it were having the talk from John Wardley ?
Tom.B

TheSmilerMan wrote: Where is it were having the talk from John Wardley ?
In the conference centre I believe, could be wrong though. :)
Lee

TheSmilerMan wrote: Where is it were having the talk from John Wardley ?
We have an exciting place booked for the Q&A. More details will be released closer to the time :)
Liam B

yeah if you're like me and picking up your annual pass before the saturday. You can ask the hotel reception about it and pick it up there rather than at the park entrance :) everything is dandy
Deejay

Hi guys I have updated the list of attendees, quite a few tickets sold taking our total to 83. This meet is going to be amazing! :D
RAFFATOWERS

Booked hotel, paid for event, can't wait, so excited:)
I was a little nervous about meeting you all, but after reading the reviews on previous meets, it put me at ease.
Should be a great day out , and one to remember :)
Lee

RAFFATOWERS wrote: Booked hotel, paid for event, can't wait, so excited:)
I was a little nervous about meeting you all, but after reading the reviews on previous meets, it put me at ease.
I know it's easy to say, but there's absolutely nothing to be nervous about.

I promise you that everyone is welcoming and friendly. As a team, we always try and get around as many people as we can to introduce ourselves and make you feel at ease (although, that may be somewhat of a difficult task this time :lol:). You'll have a brilliant time, and then wonder what all the fuss was about! :)
NickTPT

Hi all,

I'm planning to attend the event along with my wife. We're both really looking forward to it.

Just a quick question...we're unlikely to arrive for the morning ERT (we're travelling up from Ipswich on the day). Is it best to join up with you all at lunch time?

Thanks!
Nick
Tom.B

Lee wrote:
RAFFATOWERS wrote: Booked hotel, paid for event, can't wait, so excited:)
I know it's easy to say, but there's absolutely nothing to be nervous about.

I promise you that everyone is welcoming and friendly. As a team, we always try and get around as many people as we can to introduce ourselves and make you feel at ease (although, that may be somewhat of a difficult task this time :lol:). You'll have a brilliant time, and then wonder what all the fuss was about! :)
Yeah, I completely agree with this! The team are so welcoming (I remember Lee and Dan coming up to us to have a chat), and I felt so much more confident that I just went up and introduced myself to Luce and Michelle! :lol: I think it may have been mentioned before, but if you look at the mugshots thread in the Dragon Bar, you will know what people look like and can strike up a convo with them if you like, or just introduce yourself!
Lee

NickTPT wrote: Hi all,

I'm planning to attend the event along with my wife. We're both really looking forward to it.

Just a quick question...we're unlikely to arrive for the morning ERT (we're travelling up from Ipswich on the day). Is it best to join up with you all at lunch time?

Thanks!
Nick
Hi Nick.

I'm glad you're looking forward to it, as we really are to! Closer to the time, we'll distribute some information for the day. Included in that information will be some team member contact details. If you call one us, we'll be able to either let you know what queue we are currently in, or we can arrange a meeting point. There are usually a couple of meet up times arranged in advance to ensure those who can't make the earlier time can still meet up with the group with minimal issue.

As for lunch, I believe it is either the Courtyard or Woodcutters.

Hope that helps. :)
Tom.B

Lee wrote: As for lunch, I believe it is either the Courtyard or Woodcutters.
I hope it's Woodcutters! They had a really wide range of food there, for a very decent price, and extremely fast service, though I've never actually ever been to the Courtyard!
Dan

Tom.B wrote:
Lee wrote: As for lunch, I believe it is either the Courtyard or Woodcutters.
I hope it's Woodcutters! They had a really wide range of food there, for a very decent price, and extremely fast service, though I've never actually ever been to the Courtyard!
I think Dan has said that most will be having lunch in the courtyard, but we are free to eat elsewhere if we want to.
Zach

Courtyard FTW, criss cut fries are epic :)
Lee

The courtyard serves similar food to Woodcutters, at very similar prices.

It's usually one or the other, however it'll be confirmed closer to the time. :)
Tom.B

TheSmilerMan wrote: Courtyard FTW, criss cut fries are epic :)
Cheese and bacon burger with fries tbh!
Vladimir Bobinski

Is there anything else happening with this event other than an Early ride on Nemesis and the chat with John, anything behind the scenes as such?  I've never come along to a TowersTimes organised event so I'm considering whether to just say, heck why not.
Deejay

Hi Vladimir,

The main bulk of the day is a normal day on park. We don't go round as one huge group all day as naturally some people want to go off in their smaller groups and so on. The event ticket price is £15 and we can get cheaper park entry for those that don't have an Alton Towers or Merlin Annual Pass. For your £15 you get welcome refreshments, early park access via woodland walk, ERT on Nemesis, we're giving you £8 magic money to cover the cost of your lunch and the Q&A with John.

These events are a fantastic and unique way to experience the resort we hope you decide to come!
Vladimir Bobinski

Thanks Dan

I've had a pass for years, time and money isn't an issue, I just normally avoid weekend visits like the plague.  :p)

Sounds like something different, I'll double check my calendar and look to book in that case. :)
Deejay

Were now at 90 tickets sold :D