TT Facebook Countdown

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Alex

Ilovecoasters wrote: Thank you for your reply Dan.

I wasn't trying to post a complaint, merely asking that (especially if there's no limit on this trip) you remember other guests when you all pile into the queue for the smiler.

I hope you enjoy your visit as much as I no doubt will enjoy mine :)

And no Ben, unfortunately I have already promised a family trip, and (believe it or not) this is a late birthday treat for me, so I don't want to drag them around with everyone else all day as much as I would like to
ILC I really dont see how it is any different than when a normal group enters a queue, we are all paying customers just like yourself it just so happens that we will be a big group.
Martin

Ilovecoasters wrote: I really don't want anyone to take this the wrong way ...

I'm coming to really dislike the TT events. I love the fact that everyone meets up, and you know what, if you can get exclusive ride time on nemmy, good for you. What really gets under my skin is ride takeovers during the day. For example, you essentially took over rita and 13 at one point for scaremazing, and for an hour, guests couldn't really be on these rides.

Before the park opens, fine, but taking away other guests right to use the rides (when they've paid for their ticket too!) is in my opinion out of order. I'm going with the family and for this one day will have nothing to do with TT. This is our one visit this year, and if any person or group ruins it I will be writing a letter of complaint to Alton Towers themselves for allowing you to do so.

I'm not saying that your events are wrong, and I'm not saying they shouldn't go ahead, I'm just asking that (whatever you have up your sleeve) you consider others too.

Thank you,
ILC
ILC, you could compare a TT event to a school outing.

I have no idea how many schools trips go to Alton Towers before the summer holidays, but I know it's quite a lot. We, the same as the schools, pay our money to enter the park and enjoy our day. Does anyone write to Alton Towers to complain about the amount of schools and school children there at the same time? Or how many people from the same school are taking up valuable places in the queue line? Not that I am aware of. It seems to me that you and/or your family have got a bee in your bonnet, just because the TT event is on the same day as you have your trip booked and due to that, it is going to be slightly busier than you expected.

I really hope you enjoy your belated birthday present, and I can assure you now that no-one on the TT event will be there to purposely ruin your family's day.

Just have fun, as we all will.
Last edited by Martin on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Deejay

BenBowser wrote: Nice event, but its the Th13teen of meet ups. Slightly over hyped, but still great all the same. Meeting John! Can't contain my excitement! :O
Please tell me what you mean by the Th13teen of meet ups Ben?
BenBowser

Dan wrote:
BenBowser wrote: Nice event, but its the Th13teen of meet ups. Slightly over hyped, but still great all the same. Meeting John! Can't contain my excitement! :O
Please tell me what you mean by the Th13teen of meet ups Ben?
I mean that the marketing lead us a stray. Although it still a good event, and a really excellent opportunity. The way the event was hyped up on facebook made it seem as though you were going to reveal a massive change or takeover. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed by any means, I'm just mearly pointing out it didn't give what it advertised. It will still be great in its own right.
Deejay

I thought the social media campaign did exactly what we intended it to, which was to get people talking! There were over 400 members online yesterday and we had a lot of interaction on Facebook and Twitter. It's you guys creating the hype, all clues led to our announcement, it was just some people thinking we were going to announce a new ride or a major renovation. Sorry that it wasn't what you expected, are you planning on coming to the event? Tickets are selling very fast already!
bensaund

So ERT on Nemmy, Magic Money and a Q&A with the King of coasters isn't anything to shout about?
If you go down to the woods today
BenBowser

No, it's an amazing opportunity. Don't think I'm negative about the event, its awesome. I'm just pointing out that some people were lead a stray by the way it was promoted. Like the morse code thing. A lot of people though you were going to reveal something about the nemesis monster or about the sanctuary. It's still an amazing event and a rare opportunity, its just a lot of people were expecting something different.

All in all, I'm not saying its bad, infact its amazing, just people were expecting something different.
Last edited by BenBowser on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The countdown was also for the release of MI7's aerial photos of CBeebies Land, and the closed season maintenance going on around the park. Morse code is well known for being the way that MI7 communicates, so this is the reason why it was included in the campaign.

Of course we accept that we can't please everyone, but it just goes to show how effective our marketing was!
Alex

I think the criticism of the hype is a bit harsh, I would like to see any of the other similar forums offer these opportunities out to the members on meets and be able to take aerial photos of the resort. As Dan said the hype clearly worked as there was more members on the forum than I have seen in the whole of the off season!
Burniel

I just want to clear up something after my posts in this topic:

First of all, I didn't say it was unfair for you all to queue for the same ride at once, merely that it was frustrating.

Secondly, I didn't say the meet shouldn't go ahead, just that this is my birthday celebration day (technically), and that I didn't want any ride takeovers During the day (which I have been told you are not doing)

Thirdly, I personally think that the "no person limit" on the trip could quite literally double a queue

Fourthly, I understand you're just like a school group, but many school groups split up and don't all ride the smiler at once (supposing they do ride the smiler at all)

Lastly, I would like to wish everyone a fab opening day and would like to apologise for any harsh comments I may or may not have made
Martin wrote: It seems to me that you and/or your family have got a bee in your bonnet, just because the TT event is on the same day as you have your trip booked and due to that, it is going to be slightly busier than you expected.
And if that is the case? Sorry, but this will be my last visit until summer 2015, I'm not gonna skip around the forum when I'm told it's gonna be a lot busier
Last edited by Burniel on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Zach

I would expect there to be some ride takeovers, in smaller groups than the total number attending, IlC I think you might not realise that for some this day could their only visit but I hear no one else complaining, we won't be there to ride up any queue times (pardon the pun). We will be there as a group there to enjoy the day as I'm sure your group will be, I wouldn't let it bother you the park is vast and there's over 50 rides and attractions to enjoy so I'm sure we won't get in your way but if you see us please do say hi :) who knows we might even get a loud happy birthday song going for you!
Last edited by Zach on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

The birthday song shall not be necessary ;)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Deejay

Please can this talk of us blocking queues stop right now. ILC you were warned to PM me personally if you have any more complaints.

I refer back to what I said in my other post: When we are on the park we are paying customers just like you and your family, we are entitled to ride any ride with whoever we want and at any point of the day.

I don't want to hear any more of it in this thread.
Last edited by Deejay on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.