Brighton Pier

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Burniel

Brighton pier is still there ...
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
iBacon

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Is the burned out pier still there? Only been to Brighton once and that was in 2005.
Yep,  I do believe it is. It's quite further up from the 'new' pier but still stands.
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Burniel

I'd see if I could repair that tbh
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Luce

Unfortunately, more or less nothing remains of the West Pier so a completely new one would need to be built, which is a shame when you consider how it used to look.

As for Brighton Pier, I think one thing they could do is run their booster better as it has a great position over the sea and its current ride cycle isn't as good as some travelling ones I've ridden.
SwEDEN

Luce wrote: Unfortunately, more or less nothing remains of the West Pier so a completely new one would need to be built, which is a shame when you consider how it used to look.

As for Brighton Pier, I think one thing they could do is run their booster better as it has a great position over the sea and its current ride cycle isn't as good as some travelling ones I've ridden.
Or they could get a turbine ;)

Wait, let me just add that to my list of things that are NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! -_-
Last edited by SwEDEN on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwEDEN

Look all i'm saying is it's one of the UK's most notorious piers, and a popular tourist destination.... Which at this current time has no 'impressive' or 'special' machines... Just a pretty common fabri booster, mouse coaster, sizzler/twister and a couple of other machines....

I'd like to see a turbine there, as you'd fit more people on one gondala then you would on the two on a fabbri booster, it's taller, and has got the rotating feature, making it unique...
Eirdy

Never made it to Brighton pier. Do you recommend I go?
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
http://fairfans.freeforums.org/index.php
SwEDEN

smilealways wrote: Never made it to Brighton pier. Do you recommend I go?

I wouldn't go out of my way for it, if you're in brighton, sure, pop along, but I wouldn't plan a trip to Brighton ESPECIALLY for it..

Standard machines, fabbri boster, reverchon spinning mouse, log flume, twister/sizzler, zamperla air race, haunted house, dodgems, turbo coaster so nothing special... the air race is the most unique machine there..... Also expensive place, CRAP ride cycles :/ Talking about a 1 min cycle on the booster, even with no queue, for like £5..... :/
Eirdy

Thanks, Its nice to hear the opinion of fellow enthusiasts, better than looking at those bias tourist websites!
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
http://fairfans.freeforums.org/index.php
abigsmurf

Fairly serious accident at the pier which probably does nothing to ease that bit of paranoia you get when watching flat rides. For an air ambulance to be called it was likely a fairly major injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-47857392 

Not the first major incident on the pier. Hopefully it was a freak accident and not a result of poor maintenance.