Alton Towers Hotel & Splash Landings

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
kierannewcombe

In my opinion I prefer the ATH but what about everybody else?

Credit to Lewis97
Danny

I voted splash landings. Because it's cheaper and I love the views of the water park and the lobby. However ATH is posher and has better entertainment for older people.
Dom

Having stayed in both I prefer Alton Towers Hotel as it is nicer and cooler temperature wise than splash Landings.
Last edited by Dom on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThatgirlnamedEleanor

Yes Splash Landings is cheaper, but I personally adore Alton Towers hotel as the garden is beautiful, the theming in general is really nice and it is just a very nice place to be! :D
Last edited by ThatgirlnamedEleanor on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube channel (please subscribe!)--> http://www.youtube.com/user/ThatgirlnamedEleanor
Tom170499

I have only stayed in SL but during my 2 night stay, I spent one night in one hotel, one in the other and the atmosphere is so much better in SL. I have a bright personality and like bright colours so I liked SL but I found ATH to be quite dull and monotone, a bit like my history teacher...
DeanGaryCox

not that it makes too much difference except that splash landings is slightly cheaper - either way, only a few minutes walk and you can be wherever you want in either hotel as they're joined :P
Image 2014
lf2001

Stayed in both. But I prefer Splash Landings. They're both great hotels, but since SL has a waterpark, I think it's better, and more fun.
Danny

Also, not that there's much difference but I'm sure SL is closer to the monorail ;)
Burniel

I personally haven't stayed in either, so this is interesting for me!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
kierannewcombe

Ilovecoasters wrote: I personally haven't stayed in either, so this is interesting for me!
I've only stayed in the ATH and we're going again in April so I'm wondering which one people prefer. The ATH is more magical for me and is what Alton Towers is all about.

Credit to Lewis97
SamTP

I've only stayed in the Alton towers hotel so don't know what splash landings is like!
MinecraftFan96

I have visited both hotels however only stayed over night in the ATH. I personally think the ATH is my fave but both are still really nice.
The Smiler is becoming too powerful! Its replacing your memories with its own! SMILE. ALWAYS.
BenBowser

Both are really nice hotels and I think Splash Landings is more exciting for families and provides a more fun and wacky environment. However, the Alton Towers Hotel could be passed off as a really nice hotel in London, it has a more organised atmosphere and a beautiful set of theming with an excellent layout. Both are good, but for their own resons.
Dan

Having only stayed in ATH I can't really draw any comparison.

I'm looking at prices for the opening weekend and leaning towards Splash Landings purely because it's cheaper so will be able to compare properly then.
PeteB

Voted ATH.

Had this been the years 2003 to 2005, I would have voted Splash Landings. Now? No way. Utter tripe.

Luckily the ATH hasn't lost the bulk of its charm just yet, although under the current management it's certainly going that way, so for that reason it gets my vote.
LittlestarRed

I voted for Splash landings as I have 2 kids haha!

The only thing my kids like more about ATH is the naughty chair for grown ups! Other than that they enjoy the gaudy colours and atmosphere of SLH much more!

Happy kids = Happy Mum.
My Kids wanna live in Cloud Cuckoo Land!...
ADM182

AT hotel for me, I've stayed in both.
SL is just to hot and full of little kids running around (which is fine if you have kids) AT is that little bit more adult friendly!
However, food wise SL is far better than AT from breakfast and dinner (the secret garden is awful quality, I think that it what it's secret is!)
tallicay2k

The bars better in SL but I enjoy the entertainment on the ship. An alcoholic beverage and entertainment...Beast!
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
djtidus

I've stayed in both. The atmosphere is better in splash but you don't get much sleep due kids running in the corridors and slamming doors.
altontowerscrazy

I voted for Splash Landings. The water park is what makes it special for me, and is great for families! :)