Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Philman

I have said before, Amity Cove is one of Tussauds finest works in recent times and soon to have Tidal wave (Amity Cove) with a backdrop of Stealth, nice.
Stealth will be part of Amity Cove aswell!

Phil :)
What a fad.
Ant

After visiting Thorpe park a couple of weeks ago for first time I was very impressed with some of the themeing mainly Amity Cove and the themeing for the KFC it looked amazing in there. But the park had no real great atmosphere to it I found it to be full of gangs , chavs it had a very unfreindly feel to the place .Which kind of lets the park down I dont like the way the park is heading advertiseing it to teenagers.
timmy1372

You can get that especially in the summer holidays but i dont think thats just Thorpe, off peak is preferable with a much better mix of mostly couples and familys, its difficult to offer thrills without attracting the "wrong" crowds, especially with Thorpes location near london, Alton has the advantage of being in the middle of nowhere, its more difficult to get there unless with your family or you are old enough to drive yourself.
Fanta

[quote=""srw985city""][quote=""Fanta""]
Tidal Wave easily beats all the Alton water rides (yeah both of them).
[/quote]

technically isnt toyland tours ( or charlie and the chocolate factory or whatever ) a water ride?:lol: :lol:

it beats all them c*appy rides like tidal wave and the flume easily :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Closed at the moment so doesn't count ;)
N3/\\/\\3$i$

Thorpe park wasnt for me. Was there on Monday.

Too many flats :(.. I'm a coaster man. Colossus starts nicely but then becomes boring..the 4 inline twists are pathetic to say the least.

Nemmy inferno is ok....really stupid bit at the start that takes you to lift. It doesnt come close to Nemmy1 which was built 9 years prior ....wots that all about.

The place was full of Gadjee chav's :(..thats not thorpes fault i suppose tho.

The rides arent made for people my size. On vortex, the guy made my mate get up and literally slam the restraint into me to get it to lock properly...And colossus was no better...the guys struggled to attach the seatbelt and when they finally did it was at its maximum tension...didnt feel safe..Why can't ride seat designers cater for body builders?...I cant think addin a few more inches to the restraints can cause much grief.

Project stealth : ....hmmm..it all seems a bit feeble to me...Once again the UK shows there inferiority to the US by building a launch coaster with half the height. I know there are ceiling restrictions and stuff but it just makes it all look so pointless.

Anyways...Thorpe wawnt for me and im glad i got half pricers online cos 30 quid would seem like robbery.
Anonymous

The reason for all the chavs is that it is next to London (Chav city).
Beaver Dude

Too many flats .. I'm a coaster man. Colossus starts nicely but then becomes boring..the 4 inline twists are pathetic to say the least.
I think the inlines are the best bit and set it apart from other coasters. But I guess if you don't like flats there isn't much point visiting.
bond231

Saying that becuase Stealth isn't the highest its oviously pointless is like saying rita isn't the fastest so its pointless (why do people continue to say stupid things like that!)

the inline twists are a good feature you fall out of your seat!
N3/\\/\\3$i$

[quote=""bond231""] (why do people continue to say stupid things like that!)

[/quote]

Saying stupid things is my forte.....sorry to upset you ;)..

I admitt, its not pointless...i was just bein radgy cus i never enjoyed myself.....I will def go and ride Stealth next year...

But i still say the inline twists are totally piss on Colossus
bond231

You don't have to apologise or anything :lol:
timmy1372

I rather like the inline twists myself to, they are unique (bond231) and are really slow which makes a change, Coasters concentrate sometimes on speed too much and its over before you know whats happening, i even like the last twist which is a bit "well we have beaten the record with nine but if we stick one just before the station we get 10 and thats 2 better than the nearest rival", you can see the entrance to the station and then it goes round again, its a nice touch.

Again the Nemesis Inferno first drop into the "heart of the volcano" with mist and lights is a nice touch and again unique, its always going to be compared to the original Nemesis which is a shame as in its own right its still very good.

Americans always make stuff big just because they can, dont get me wrong i like that in the Americans but it does not always have the result of being the best of its kind, quality not quantity.

I'm a fan of flats personally but some are not and thats fair enough and the appeal of Thorpe will be so much less, it does have one of the finest selection of flats in one place so for flat fans its all good.

Fans of Coasters should descend to Alton for there many delights.

No trying about it, Thorpe is thrilling for me :D
Luke excell

I thought that x:/ no way out needs a refurbishment its so dull and hot inside i think a re design with loops make it faster and perhaps make the que better wat do u think?
Mattmills

I think at the moment Thorpe should leave X: No way out as it is, and spend money where they need to, however i do think the themeing could be generally cleaned up and kept looking nice.
Dr Pop Rocket

X NWO should be turned into a LIM coaster with inversions. It would be sweet in my opinion. At this moment in time X NWO is a waste of space at least 4 amazing flat rides could be built there in its place, or even better 4 indoor flats.
HighExtreme

X:NoWayOut will be refurbished in the near future, as it scores relatively low on the park exit surveys suggesting it's not popular or liked by most visitors

It would be almost impossible to alter the track layout, without removing parts if not all of the building

The coaster itself is fine, the park have to come up with ways to make what happens on-route more exciting, probably adding some themeing, lighting/sound and atmospheric effects would do the trick and creating a story to the ride, as it confuses people that there is no point to the experience in the present state, i guess people need to feel like they've acomplished something, like a quest or mission, or experienced a story from start to finish

Personally i believe the inside queue needs sorting out as there's not much point to it anymore, and i'm sure as Fright Maze is far more profitable use of the corridor space
Anonymous

I like the ride generally as it is, though it does need a lick of paint and a bit of refurbishing. Just a few new tweaks added to it is all X:/No Way Out needs in my opinion.
AstroDan

Thorpe Park have 3 great coasters in NI, Colossus and Stealth (well, should be). X:/ is frankly an embarassment and the worst major rollercoaster in any of the Tussauds parks in the UK.
Dr Pop Rocket

/ It is tussauds worst ride full stop.
TenZero

I dont think that X should be refurbished. But demolished and a dark ride be built there. Its an ideal spot for a dark ride in my opinion. I have no idea how they could theme it, as Lost City doesnt exactly have a theme that stands out, which is what a dark ride really needs.
Simps100

[quote=""Dr Pop Rocket""]/ It is tussauds worst ride full stop.[/quote]

It was nothing to do with Tussauds, RMC built it.