Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
KaiPhillips

Anybody on resort today and witness the diabolical operations on Colossus?
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA
Swarm Chris

SouthParks came across some new roaming actors, The Crumblers.

With Baby Monster in tow, these family friendly zombies are suitable for everyone, only striking their special pose for the bravest guests.

Meanwhile, over at Quantum, two men in a cherry picker did things.

The park was really busy today, and it was great to see so many staff smiling and being playful, with guests similarly happy!
Swarm Chris

I did Angry Birds 4D today and...

...I loved it! Somehow this typically overlooked attraction felt like one of the best "theme park fun" attractions at the park. The auditorium is in fantastic condition, every effect works perfectly, and staff were massively playful. It even has bubbles!

We practically filled the auditorium, with the staff announcing there were 280 of us in there, before various just fun interactions with the staff pressing the manual water spray button quite a few times, to full audience shrieking and laughing.

Angry Birds may have practically no relevance to the rest of the park, but that is perhaps one of the most fun attractions at the park today.

Plus, it's air conditioned. :)
KaiPhillips

I did it as a joke in June and it was actually fantastic.
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA
Swarm Chris

Colossus now has a smoke effect between the 4th and 5th inversions (the corkscrews), which ranges from barely visible to being quite a lot of smoke.

Presumably it's for Fright Nights. So don't be concerned if you see it, it's not a stray cigarette that's set the vegetation alight!
KaiPhillips

Swarm Chris wrote:Colossus now has a smoke effect between the 4th and 5th inversions (the corkscrews), which ranges from barely visible to being quite a lot of smoke.

Presumably it's for Fright Nights. So don't be concerned if you see it, it's not a stray cigarette that's set the vegetation alight!
Where have they mounted it to?
Swarm Chris

KaiPhillips wrote:
Swarm Chris wrote:Colossus now has a smoke effect between the 4th and 5th inversions (the corkscrews), which ranges from barely visible to being quite a lot of smoke.

Where have they mounted it to?
Stuck it on a drain.

KaiPhillips

Seems a weird place to put it, surely they should've stuck it in a tunnel.
Swarm Chris

It certainly is a bit odd, and being right next to a bush having never been there before, may have raised some questions about what was happening from riders. :sus:

Perhaps during the night it will be lit up and look a bit better. At times it did collect quite a cloud of smoke, whilst at other times barely noticeable.
Dom

As cheesy and out of place Angry Birds Land is, it has this cute charm about it. I absolutely adore Angry Birds 4D
Swarm Chris

As reported by SouthParks News, Thorpe Park Breaks have updated their website to confirm that Jungle Escape will be returning in 2020.

Created as part of a season of events taking place this year at Thorpe Park, Jungle Escape opened in May this year and challenged guests to take on the Huntsman's games by completing a series of puzzles to obtain element gems and escape the jungle.

Could we see an updated version of the attraction in 2020?
Coaster Chall

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the investment for 2020! Absolutely embarrassing... But I'm sure that Jungle Escape will be a good event again and hopefully they'll improve whatever needs to be improved.
Dan says hi

I suppose they could paint Quantum, give it a new name and say it’s new. It’s better than nothing, especially as it’s been closed all season
Coaster Chall

Yeah definitely. That area by Quantum did need a bit of a redo into a newly themed ride. So it wouldn't be bad but I think Thorpe Park need to win the hearts of some fans again soon, cause renaming a currently SBNO ride is great, but I think that next year is the year they need to do a long term development plan, so we know what to expect.
Swarm Chris

Thorpe Shark Hotel has had a re-brand, and will now be known as Thorpe Shark Cabins.

ThemeCrafter264

Is there a source for this?
WickerBoy

It’s featured on the Thorpe Breaks website, on the background of the Merlin Annual Pass page.
https://www.thorpebreaks.co.uk/annualpass.html
KaiPhillips

Hmm...could this link to the main hotel possibly starting construction.
Swarm Chris

For me, it's an unexpected rebranding at an odd time, and I suspect we we'll see dual Hotel/Cabin branding used until next year.

Renaming could pave the way for any new hotel to be distinct from the Shark. But it would seem an odd allocation of budget to build the hotel at this time, when the park infrastructure and ride line-up hasn't received much budget in a fair number of years. It should be noted that the feedback machines have in the last few months been updated to remove all legacy questions from the last few years, however the question over a hotel remains.
maxjbutton

Has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of general advertisement by Merlin for Thorpe Park. Just looking through some emails and noticed that merlin advertised literally every other halloween event (even the London Eye event) but not Fright Nights. Anyone have any thoughts? http://f.news.merlinentertainmentsmail.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=8fa7ece7c8bae55c8aace6c5c2ceaad9