Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

Bush BBQ is no longer open on the park. The signs for the eatery have been taken down and its been fenced off. Inferno's Pizza Pasta has had an extension. Also pizza pasta now only has sugar free drinks options. The coffee kiosk next to Bush BBQ has become a pasty stand.  Mexican Cantina is currently undergoing a brand change to Sombrero's Burrito Bar. Roast N Relish has also closed. Crust has also reopened. The doughnut stand nearest the Amity toilets has also been renamed to Donut Compound. A lot of the food outlets have also become card payments only. 
ThemeCrafter264

Was that final donut place you mentioned donut factory?
Dom

No. There is a donut place next to the main arcade bit, near DBGT. 
Dan

As reported by SouthParks Facebook; Earlier today, THORPE PARK Official announced that The Walking Dead: The Ride will be equipped with devices that can harvest kinetic energy, including passengers’ screams, in order to charge the phones of other park guests.

As well as providing a look at the technology, the video also features what looks to be some of the ride’s queue-line and theming, as well as some rear-facing on-ride footage!
Justin

Things like this just don't do the ride any justice. They've made the ride laughable now!
Dom

Justin wrote:Things like this just don't do the ride any justice. They've made the ride laughable now!
Totally agree with this. Its made it a joke instead of something serious. I was really excited to ride this and now, not so much!
Nickolai

They say that the more the train vibrates, the more energy is produced. Interesting. If Towers want to save money to get their SRQs and baggage holds back they should put this on The Smiler and Rita! :lol
Formally Smiler313
Morgan

Huh, powered by screams? Didn't know this was a Monsters Inc ride
streetmagix

It wasn't operational today (Monday) but they were actively working on one of the swing. They were investigating/working on the top of the gondola/bottom of the arm. I can't remember which side though, sorry!
Joel Allen

On Sunday, it was open on the gondola futhest away from the operating booth. I guess they are finishing doing work to the second arm and will be running soon :)
Morgan

Thorpe Park have announced on Facebook that they shall be putting their advert online at 8pm this evening, along with some "big news".
Chris
Admin
Admin

Here's the TV advert:

[youtube]L8R7iEqqn-I[/youtube]

The ride will open to the general public on Saturday 31st March.
Ben-

At least they're not advertising and boasting about the fact that it can charge phones! Looks great, theming looks fantastic looking forward to it.
Hey doesn't that sound familiar, Galactica world's first dedicated vr coaster! or TWD the ride, can charge phones! Seriously I know phones are popular with most teenagers, but really? Merlin are running out of gimmicks, just give us a good ride!

On the ride: 
Wow this is great I love the new ride theme! Wait a minute what's that! 
I got to check the battery percentage on my phone...

Ben
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
Dan says hi

These are all looking very nice, thanks for these.
Does anyone know what’s up with Quantum or when it might open for the season?
Joel Allen

I don’t, but on Sunday I saw the maintenance team carrying out some work on it. So i believe it should be running again soon :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

SouthParks are in attendance at tonight's VIP launch of The Walking Dead: The Ride, so keep an eye on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest updates!

Wagstaff04

I’m trying to buy the Thorpe Park CD on the Imascore website using Sterling, but its only available with Euros. Does anyone know how to change it?
DeadJack5

Wagstaff04 wrote:I’m trying to buy the Thorpe Park CD on the Imascore website using Sterling, but its only available with Euros. Does anyone know how to change it?
I think if you pay via PayPal they automatically convert it to euros for you. I'm not sure how it works when using debit/credit cards but I know using PayPal transfers it to euros and doesn't give out your actual card details.

I hope this helps!
Wagstaff04

Is there another way?
Dan

Wagstaff04 wrote:Is there another way?
You can do it via PayPal, Credit/Debit card or Direct Debit.

With IMAscore being based in Germany, their website will always display prices in Euros. If you want to know how much that relates to in Sterling, just search for a currency converter on Google (other search engines are available :P )

Including shipping, the CD costs £19.96, so even though the website and order confirmation etc will be in Euros, your bank statement will show a transaction in Sterling.