Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Morgan

Well, time to book...
Valentine ride on Stealth
Dom

Thorpe Park has recently revealed the release of the Premium Thorpe Park Annual Pass.
THORPE PARK RESORT PREMIUM ANNUAL PASS

In addition to the benefits of the THORPE PARK Resort Standard Annual Pass above, you’ll receive:

Free Parking
Free entry into Fright Nights and other special events*
Save £10 in our January sale - just £89.99 for a limited time only

*Special events may require Passholders to pre-book event tickets to guarantee entry. Events are subject to capacity.
From the Thorpe Park website
Morgan

So standard MAPs cost £99 (as of current sales) and TPAPs cost £90? :no:
TheBeast

I went for Saw because it is well thought out, Merlin clearly thought horror, they thought creepy and they thought gore. In my eyes, it is still the same as it was when it was built back in 2010, although I guess there is a limit to how much maintenance you need to do to an old rusty warehouse, as its meant to look that way. My only criticism is the shotgun effect in the entrance to the building, its a bit redundant and you know when its coming
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Dom

Has anyone done the Ministry of Sound nights? If so, what are they like?
TheBeast

Go on...im curious. What is the top Thorpe Park rollercoaster for the TT forumers?

If I have forgotten an important one just say ;)
NemesisRider

The Swarm for me is the best, but Nemesis Inferno is under rated! I think it's a good ride for what it is. :D
TheBeast

Nah man nothing beats the old school Nemmy ;)
daveclarkedaveclarke

The Swarm for me. My first wing coaster and I loved it.
Altontowersbarlow

I personally think that Saw:The Ride as a whole experience is the best attraction at Thorpe Park.
TheBeast

Altontowersbarlow wrote:I personally think that Saw:The Ride as a whole experience is the best attraction at Thorpe Park.
Same as- not trying to drag the "best themed rollercoaster" forum onto here but the theming is amazing around the ride tbh
Tom170499

Not sure if this is the appropriate place but just wondering what Thorpe Park is like in terms of how busy it will around mid March time as I'm planning a trip and currently debating whether to get Fast track. Thanks for any replies and apologies if I've posted in the wrong area :)
Dom

Tom170499 wrote:Not sure if this is the appropriate place but just wondering what Thorpe Park is like in terms of how busy it will around mid March time as I'm planning a trip and currently debating whether to get Fast track. Thanks for any replies and apologies if I've posted in the wrong area :)
Honestly, i doubt it will be too busy mid March. The best thing to do is see how busy the park is on the day you go and then decide once your there. Normally spend about an hour on park before you decide. I've been loads of time in March and the queue times are never normally too bad.
Luce

I've always found that Sundays are quite good for visiting - I've been on a number of occasions and haven't found the queues too long. I also agree with Dom, mid March isn't going to be too bad either :)
JaykeAT

Any time but the summer and when sun free tickets are out is good I find
Morgan

THE SWARM, Stealth, Angry Birds 4D, King Pig's Wild Hog Dodgems, Flying Fish and Depth Charge make the line up this year. I'm quite surprised that Depth Charge is on there- unless you don't get too wet
Dom

Apparently, this morning Thorpe Parks Twitter was hacked and an offensive word was posted. The tweet has been deleted, but no formal statement has been released by the park. They have replied to many tweets about it saying that they were hacked. Anybody who kicked off about the tweet being posted has been block by Thorpe Park. To be fair the tweet was really offensive, so it is understandable that people kicked off about it, so blocking them because they did is, in my opinion, a really bad move on their part.
TheBeast

Ouch, that's not good- they are gonna lose quite a few sales in account of the fact media is probably one of the biggest ways that the hit their target audience with advertising
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TheBeast wrote:Ouch, that's not good- they are gonna lose quite a few sales in account of the fact media is probably one of the biggest ways that the hit their target audience with advertising
I doubt it will hurt them too much. Most visitors will either not follow Thorpe's twitter or won't have seen the tweet, even those who did are probably unlikely to be put off visiting as a result.
Dom

TTheory wrote:THE SWARM, Stealth, Angry Birds 4D, King Pig's Wild Hog Dodgems, Flying Fish and Depth Charge make the line up this year. I'm quite surprised that Depth Charge is on there- unless you don't get too wet
You get a bit of splash but its like a dribble. I'm 50/50 on this line up. Its an ok line up but would have been nice to see one or two thrill rides open. At least i will get to release my inner kid on the dodgems.