Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Morgan

Dude, this is a Merlin (based) forum. Don't rant on about it, it gets annoying. They are the second largest park operator in the world...
No personal offense intended ;)
sw7nutter

Sorry its just they asked so I answered. After all I am allowed to have an opposing opinion.
I imagine that the swarm will only have 1 train ready for this "event". Stealth may have 2 because of rolling maintenance. The only other coasters I can see opening are X and the fish. Possibly NI but I doubt it.
Lee

At the risk of sounding blunt, all the perks and tier levels are advertised before you purchase it. If you're unhappy afterwards about what benefits you feel are included, that's really only your own fault. If you have such an issue with Merlin, don't visit their parks and generate more income for them. You can't expect people to just agree with you on a Merlin based fan site because you get annoyed when people defend the company.

Anyway let's move on. Back to Half Term related discussion please :)
sw7nutter

I imagine that feb half term will be similar to altons but less slick. During feb half term does nemesis open on 2 trains?
Morgan

I think it was one last year with a few rows inactive, but it wasn't busy
Jamie

..... The same Braniac Live event was on at Easter last year, and there was no extra charge then.
Which was during main season, with Thorpe charging their full prices. It wasn't billed as an out of season special event.

With regards to Nemesis during FHT, it can vary massively. It's either one or two train op depending on their maintenance programme; this year was a farce as they ran one train with limited seats due to the new restraints.
Danny

We don't know that it is the same event just because it has the same theme. It's obviously going to be much bigger and park wide.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Swarm, Stealth and Angry Birds Land have all been confirmed as featuring on the February half term line-up. There will be four 45 minute Brainiac Live! shows each day as well as a variety of interactive stations around the resort.

https://www.thorpepark.com/events-exper ... niac-live/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Morgan

Sounds good! Definitely going now!
Danny

Haha failed at trying to be clever there TTheory. Make sure you double check before saying things ;)
sw7nutter

Sounds just as bad as before. Still no mention on the price, so i will assume its remaining the same for now.
Morgan

Ugh, get over the price. To consider they're opening for FHT is nice enough!

And yes DannyG, I did fail miserably :P
sw7nutter

There is no justification in the price. You can keep telling me to get over it but I'm never going to. You can say what on earth you like, present me with a stupid chart from the merlin website but in mine and my others opinion charging pass holders for it is wrong.
Burniel

I already knew that those rides were on the lineup ... it doesn't change my mind. I'm completely with sw7nutter here.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Morgan

The reason I'm going is to celebrate the (almost) end of closed season
Dan

Personally I don't see your issue.

The terms of each pass are clearly stated on the Merlin Annual Pass website, which I would have though you reviewed before you purchased your pass?
Morgan

I am going to purchase a standard pass through Tesco vouchers soon, I can't afford a premium.
Adz
Admin
Admin

This is standard across pretty much every theme park in the world - infact Merlin are the most generous in that they haven't introduced true 'black out dates' in the main season like the vast majority of companies do on the lower priced pass.

Historically when the park has run a february half term opening it's been a complete shambles so it will be very interesting to see what happens now - they seem to have got reliability right the last few years so I'm hoping this doesn't change that!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Interesting interview with Jason Wills, Marketing Director at Thorpe Park Resort primarily in relation to the resort's marketing this year. Us enthusiasts also get a mention at the end :P
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Early bird tickets are now available for £12.50.