Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ryan.B

Skydiving simulator? As at the start of the show, big zip line also in the show?
MerlinFan

Been watching the clues - all I can think is it's a spinny, swingy ride with a biting animal type theme. Maybe a ride like Kobra?
Alex

Well done Dom, you were right.

http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/1 ... n-for-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lewis97
Admin
Admin

[align=center]Image[/align]

Multiple sites have now announced that new for 2015 will be the I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! Maze, which will be an interactive experience situated where Studio 13 was during Fright Nights. The attraction will be fully-themed and feature some of latest technology in order to make it an immersive experience.
Literature Tour wrote:Camp mates will gather at Snake Rock before trekking through the Vile Vineyard to arrive at Croc Creek’s rickety bridge. At the other end they will walk through the Catacombs of Doom where they will face their first Bush Tucker Trial, Holey Moley.

Holey Moley is a deceptive rock face etched with cracks, craters and crevices that are filled with jungle 'critters' - contestants must place their hands within the rock’s dark corners in search of light-up stars that will unlock a secret corridor to the heart of the jungle.

Contestants will then dive into the next challenge, the Chambers of Horror, where they will be placed into shower containers to take part in a live game show experience. Don’t look up! Above the showers are tanks loaded with ‘critters’ that could drop down on guests at any moment should they answer a series of quiz questions incorrectly.

After camp mates have had a 'screaming shower', they will trudge onwards into the darkness of Calamity Caves, where they must guide their way through creepy cobwebs without unsettling any of the cave’s eight-legged residents. When guests reach the light at the end of the cavern it will be short-lived as they plunge into the Pipe of Peril.

Emerging from the pipe, guests will get a chance to catch their breath at Cruelty Towers where they will receive a final island briefing in preparation for the last of the Bush Tucker Trials, Celebrity Cyclone - camp mates must race against high winds and water jets in the final Bush Tucker Trial to be crowned King or Queen of the jungle.
Thorpe Park Mania have an article on it, featuring concept images and construction photos.
Morgan

Saw: Alive didn't work, but it seems they're forgetting that? Good luck marketing it.
Alex

That was a horror maze though, hardly family friendly.
Owen

I notic me its opening a couple of week after opening. The park opens on the 12th and this opens on the 27th. At least it's not Merlins Magical May again :lol
I hope they use a name along the lines of I'm NOT A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! :lol
Dom

I actually think this is a really clever idea. I just don't think they should call it a maze because people associate the word maze with a horror maze, where as i don't think this is meant to be scary. I really hope they go all out on this and looking at the images they are. I just can't help but think it may end up a bit like Sub-Terra. What the addition of the attraction does is completely tips Fright Nights on its head. First the arena where My Bloody Valentine normally is and now this where Studio 13 was.
Dom

I emailed the VIP team with regards to some information and they told me that bar 360 has recently been refurbished. Did anyone else know about this?
Ryan.B

I thought it is quite near the 2016 ride, maybe it's temporary?
NemesisRider

I think this is permanent ATL. IAC won't have been cheap rights, they'll make the most of them I bet.
Owen

This is 100% permanent. They are investing way too much money into it for it not to be. Also they have used a very popular IP as well as promoting it a huge amount so far - meaning people would note it's absense. This will definitely be at TP for 5+ years.
Altontowersbarlow

I think this addition is of a reasonable quality considering Thorpe Park are already investing in a large and expensive attraction for 2016 alongside this newest addition to the park. The photos that have been posted so far seem to show a high level of theming and hopefully the interactive effects will also be used to their maximum potential. The only concern I have about this new attraction is throughput. It seems as though guests will stop in certain parts of the walkthrough and this could cause unbearable queues especially in the attraction's first few months of operation. On another note, it has been confirmed that the attraction will operate basically permanently. "The maze will run indefinitely at the park, which re-opens after its winter break on March 12"
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luce

Whilst I'm glad Thorpe have something new this year, I'm not overly excited about it - possibly as I'm A Celebrity isn't a programme I watch/enjoy.

However, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.
MerlinFan

Oh -it's an 'I'm A Celebrity' maze. Big whoop.
Ladyofthelake

I'm with Luce on this one in that this isn't and IP that particularly excites me. Although I used to watch I'm a Celeb, my interest in it has evaporated as I personally think as a TV show it has run its course.

However, as with any attraction, I am going to wait and see what it's like when it opens. I expect it won't be a cheap IP and no doubt ITV will be very protective of the brand so both parties will want to make sure the attraction is completed to the highest standard possible.

I really hope that it doesn't mean the end for Studio 13 at Fright Nights - it was my favourite maze of the line up last year so hopefully they will find it a new home.

Interestingly I've also noticed that the old Calypso/Backlot BBQ is being re-themed to match the I'm a Celeb theme - it is set to be called the 'Bush BBQ' (as reported in the SouthParks article. I am rather intrigued to know exactly what 'Meal Worm Mayo' and 'Critter Coleslaw' are. They don't exactly sound like your normal mayonnaise and coleslaw!
Jack

Don't like the IP, but I do hope they make a good experience out of it :) can't say much else atm, will come back to this once I've tried it :)
Dom

Just a theory I have but studio 13 can't really make the same film two years in a row. So my theory is that for the fright nights period I'm a celeb will become studio 13 - The Jungle. And go from being family friendly to being a horror maze. Otherwise TP has some really hard thinking to do because that's two maze positions gone within the space of a few months.

Just a theory, but highly doubtful it will actually happen

Also I have a feeling you will enter via studio 13's exit as that's the only logical place the bridge to croc creek would be given its a long straight bit
Morgan

I am undecided about this attraction.
The "Chamber of Horror" thing puts me off. It would get claustrophobic and I would panic.
On the other hand, it does sound like a laugh!
Themeparksandy1981

Well there been clearing the land behind this building since the start of the closed season. So they could be using the old saferi site as well for this new attraction and if they renamed the BBQ area to fit into the area maybe all this will link nicely with the new 2016 attraction. Maybe could see a rethemed boat ride to suit the theme better. As Mr Monkey really needs to leave the park now with the others.