Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Poison Tom 96

Slammer is the best flat at TP and it needs to stay
Luce

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Slammer even though it is unusual and does offer an interesting ride experience.

However, I wouldn't be sad if it left eventually as it's not overly reliable and it'd be nice if Thorpe could replace it with something better :)
Alex-TT

Whilst it scares the hell out of me it would be sad to see it leave, such a visual ride

IMO I dont think the park will remove it yet...
AJLlama

I love Slammer, it's unusual, scary and visually impresive. I think if it had had a more impressive launch when it first opened, it would have been more popular, but they never advertise it and it hardly appears on any pamphlets or other media.
You do need to get the restraints right, otherwise you can suffer from slammer scoleosis, but this is usually easy to do. (i put my hand on my shoulder or inch up a bit when they check them)
I'd be sad to see this go, when they have other flats that could go (Zodiac and Vortez are particulaly dull) I agree its the best flat there after Rush too.
onair

Yes I would like to know this too. Seems to have all gone quiet about the fire effect on The Swarm.

I still feel its in the wrong place above the fire engine and would look better near the plane engines. Remember those fire things Thorpe had on the entrance during Fright Nights a few of them dotted around the Swarm Island would look cool. The other day even the plane wing was not smoking much :(
JoshC.

I believe there have been some issues with the fire effect. 

Unless I'm mistaken, H&S gave the 'final tick of the box' at the same time as the LEDs, but a couple of days before the fire effect was due to go live to the public, they had problems during the testing, which seemingly haven't been sorted out yet.

This is just what I've heard though; it may be completely different to this...
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
Jammydodger

To be fair with the recent high winds and bad weather, even if it was up and running, I doubt it'd be switched on much throughout the past month
dominoes

Just wondering, is there any news on the onride video?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Last thing I heard Picsolve were still working on it. I don't think all the cameras are installed just yet!
Rocket

The onride video was live today!
Some rows still dont have it installed but they do work and are being sold for the same price as the Saw DVDs
I think it's £12 for 1 and £20 for 2
dominoes

Yay! Really want to get one when I go in July. Is the video any good?
Rocket

The video displays on the same screen as the photos, switching to the same rows video every 10 seconds or so.
You only see a 5 second clip of the bottom of the drop and zero g roll.
The footage look good,only problem is the camera is attached to the car on front, so the video can be all over the place.
Boz

SamJ wrote: The footage look good,only problem is the camera is attached to the car on front, so the video can be all over the place.
actually when you think about it, that was bound to happen. somehow i don't think they thought about that when they put it in, i know i didnt  :)
tomglazed

thefatone wrote:
tomglazed wrote: The tight shoulder restraints appear to be a big contributor to those that say the ride is painful. It might be in Thorpe's best interests to put something in the queue line announcement or loading announcement about pulling the shoulder bar down so it rests lightly on your shoulders and pull the lap bar down snugly across your hips; almost in the same vein as an airline safety video but if that is what it takes then so be it.
There is. The announcement tells you - and failing that, the operator TELLS you to put it down lightly resting.
Maybe having signs then around the operator's cabin or at the boarding areas which elaborate, something along the lines of:

"The shoulder restraints are for your comfort; we strongly recommend that you do not apply excessive force when lowering them as doing so may cause discomfort and delay the ride."
If only you knew what I knew, then you could see just what I see.
jackgcse

Its a fantastic ride, and in my opinion far better than Samurai!
However the throughput is so bad, however its not popular, so it usually never had a queue either way!
Deleted

AstroDan wrote: It looks like Thorpe fireworks have been cancelled also.
Incorrect - The company who provides the fireworks have said otherwise. I should know I work for them.
Dean

THORPE PARK wrote:SLAMMER will be unavailable until further notice...apologies for any inconvenience caused.
It's not looking good for Slammer... :(
Dean

THORPE PARK wrote:SLAMMER will be unavailable until further notice...apologies for any inconvenience caused.
It's not looking good for Slammer... :(
Rollermad

BigAl wrote: I'd like to go on it at least once before it leaves. It looks fantastic when it's operating and I'd like to think that Thorpe Park will bear with it due to it being one of only two that were ever built. For that reason, even if Thorpe does want to get rid of it, I'd prefer it if they sold it to another park rather than as scrap.
I think they'll TRY to keep it so it's the last but so will six flags .
LJ

I really hope it doesn't leave. Although I haven't ridden it before, it would have been one of the rides that helped Thorpe Park become the nations thrill capital. And as well, I don't want to travel halfway across the world to ride the same type of ride in somewhere like six flags. I just ant to ride it before it does go because it sounds awesome!