Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Htjc_

We have plenty of time yet I'm sure, The Swarm had planning permission submitted at the end of January. And I know it's far-fetched but the MMXX=2020 sign is in red and green, and they're Christmas colours. That could just be because it looks nice, or is maybe relevant to the theme, but I'm hoping for some proper teasing around Christmas. When did Les Coogan for LC12 teasing start? I can't seem to find any information but I assume it would be when The Swarm was in construction and we'll get 2020 teasing then.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
Icymice

No clue if this means anything at all, (probably doesn't)

if you go to https://www.thorpepark.com/rides/saw-the-ride you get to Saw's page
if you go to https://www.thorpepark.com/rides/stealth you get Stealth etc.

However if i go to https://www.thorpepark.com/rides/grhjefkdbfk;jdsbg;kjbd I get a 404 error,
yet if I go to https://www.thorpepark.com/rides/loggers-leap it redirects me to the main rides page, suggesting there is something there they don't want us to see yet.

(or they just couldn't be bothered to remove the page after its closure)
Htjc_

Sadly, this won't mean anything. If you put in https://www.thorpepark.com/rides/slammer or any other recently closed ride the same thing happens. They will have just found it easier to redirect you than delete it or they could be keeping it for archival purposes. Sorry to ruin your fun.
Swarm Chris

The Thorpe Park website is a little odd in how it works and gets updated. The downloadable park map on the front page is still from 2016 and it took them until the second week of Fright Night's to update the queue times page with this year's attractions.

My guess is that it was taken offline via a redirect several years ago and no one has had to update that part of the site since.

Good to have people poking the site to see if there's anything hidden there though. :)

Edit: And again, as if on cue, one of their websites has broken because they've forgotten to pay the bill. The official Thorpe webpage for ride times is no longer owned by Thorpe. :lol
Vypercoaster

On Thorpe’s newest blog on their site they interviewed a Merlin ride developer, which had some key moments of interest, especially these two...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bert

But there’s nothing new there? Just the normal ‘Ohh be excited for next year’ thing.
[Insert Signature Here]
Htjc_

Are these two the same place? I can't really tell. Also didn't someone mention that there will be development on that field, so sorry I can't remember your name! EDIT: It was sw7nutter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Swarm Chris

My guess is that this photo is looking out over the slightly browner patch to the left of the marked bit. Roughly near where the staff car park is. :)

I believe this is where the hotel was going to be put.
Justin

The hotel can still be built as technically ground has been broken, therefore construction has begun.
Adam W

Weren't they planting trees over there or something?
Wagstaff04

Do THORPE PARK do digipass at individual ride photo areas or is it just at specific booths?
Swarm Chris

Wagstaff04 wrote:Do THORPE PARK do digipass at individual ride photo areas or is it just at specific booths?
All ride photo areas should do it.

For single day passes, they may well also have sellers on the bridge as you enter The Dome.

For annual DigiPass, again all photo areas should sell it, but they will give you a temporary pass and wrist bands. You would then exchange those for the full passes at The Dome. If they have any. And if the machines work. Both of these things happening seem to be a rarity, sadly.
Htjc_

Thorpe Parks Instagram are slowly adding pictures to make a big picture and on it there is a rollercoaster sketch but it appears to have a wooden frame...
Ladyofthelake

As much as I'd love to think Thorpe are teasing a wooden coaster, I really wouldn't read too much into the instagram posts. The coaster silhouette is just a generic graphic sadly so it's more likely just a filler post for the first day of December.

It is kind of sad though that it has been so long since a major coaster at Thorpe that we’re jumping on any tiny thing like this in the hope it does point towards a new coaster. If we are going to get something for 2020 then Thorpe need to get the planning application in in the next 2-3 months.
Bert

It’s just a stock image, It is in no way a hint.
[Insert Signature Here]
BigNoseMan

this has been spotted on Google Images did they accidentally leak something?
Ladyofthelake

Sadly that won't mean a thing. Google Maps uses public edits to help keep its maps up to date, therefore anyone can submit suggestions and 90% of the time Google will add them. It's far more likely that an enthusiast will have made the edit knowing it will be picked up on rather than anything official from Thorpe Park.
Htjc_

That's just mean, who would tease us like that.
Swarm Chris

There has been a lot of playfully malicious edits to Google Maps today for Alton Towers. So no doubt someone saw that and decided Thorpe should have some too.
J1SH

There's been a bunch of people editing the American park's names and so someone probably went ahead and did it with Thorpe.