Tayto Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
TheDuke

nicky.borrill wrote:Well... that’s a little underwhelming, good additions, but they’ll litterally attach “x first” to anything these days wont they?
Yeah that annoyed me as for local advertising here they could've just said Irelands first steel coaster.
DavidA

The plans for the new rollercoaster have been rejected. By complaints of noise by 4 local residents. This to me is very bad news I saw amarican adventure die due to a few locals not liking a theme park on there doorstep.
Swarm Chris

DavidA wrote:The plans for the new rollercoaster have been rejected. By complaints of noise by 4 local residents. This to me is very bad news I saw amarican adventure die due to a few locals not liking a theme park on there doorstep.
That's quite surprising, I hadn't realised it had gone to appeal after being accepted late last year.

Would expect that outcome to significantly impact any expansion plans for the park.
theparklifekid

Whist this is bad news and they will have to re evaluate their expansion plans. It does also mean that they can improve on their original plans. Because in my opinion, the coasters planned had quite whack layouts. Make them different, add a few sound proofing methods, reduce the height and maybe put a few elements towards the ground. Tayto Park has a lot of potential and they deserve to do good!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
DavidA

Tayto Park have now resubmitted planning for there coasters with added sound protection. Plans can be found on the meath planning Web site. Let's hope the get them passed this time.