Tayto Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
dantheman

According to Tayto Parks Facebook page the second train has now arrived and they will be closing the ride while they install it:

"Exciting news! Our second Cú Chulainn Coaster carriage has arrived!

Installation begins Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd of June.
The Cú Chulainn will be closed on these days and will reopen on Wednesday 23rd June at 2pm.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience but this means that even more people can ride The Cú Chulainn over the Summer"

Well, at least this means the queue will be shorter. :D
Aidan Lowe

TPR have a smooth POV. Watch in 1080p, 60fps, fullscreen! :clap:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Benjsh85

Absolute fantastic looking coaster. Great length and speed and doesn't seem too rough either. Would love to go on it but I wouldn't travel to Ireland just for that, sadly.

This just proves that coasters don't have to be "world firsts" and have gimmicks to be top attractions.

Obviously the height of this thing would cause issues for AT, but if they could pull something off very similar (for SW8) it would be a star attraction for decades to come. There's something magical and inexplicable that a good wooden coaster gives you that a steel one never will. Hard to explain.
dantheman

Tayto Park have recently announced their new attractions for the 2016 season. Following on from lots of major investments last year, including the woodie, this year they are adding more attractions. New rides this year include a ferris wheel, a grand carousel, the 'rocking tub', a new ice Valley experience and also a new Angry Birds film in the 5-D cinema. Not to mention lots of new restaurants.
The Ice Valley attraction has peaked my interest, it looks like it could be well themed if the photos on their website are anything to go by: http://www.taytopark.ie/theme-park/ice-valley.
It looks like another year of interest for this park, it really is growing at a rapid pace. The irish mirror have this article on it:http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/fami ... ce-7555892
Burniel

dantheman wrote:Tayto Park have recently announced their new attractions for the 2016 season. Following on from lots of major investments last year, including the woodie, this year they are adding more attractions. New rides this year include a ferris wheel, a grand carousel, the 'rocking tub', a new ice Valley experience and also a new Angry Birds film in the 5-D cinema. Not to mention lots of new restaurants.
The Ice Valley attraction has peaked my interest, it looks like it could be well themed if the photos on their website are anything to go by: http://www.taytopark.ie/theme-park/ice-valley.
It looks like another year of interest for this park, it really is growing at a rapid pace. The irish mirror have this article on it:http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/fami ... ce-7555892
Great to see the park investing again! :)

I love Tayto Park. I went on holiday to Dublin last year and was only planning to spend a day at this park, but ended up spending most of my 5 days there. For those who aren't too familiar with what this park has to offer, I recommend TPWW's vlog from the park in September 2015.

I've heard rumours that the park has already made back all the money it invested in the wooden coaster, which is impressive for a small park, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's true. The future's bright for Tayto Park and I can see multiple water rides, dark rides and coasters popping up in the next decade.

Hooray for Mr Tayto!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
hamcake

Seems like they've suddenly added a Zamperla Power Surge and are about to add a new 48 seat Zamperla Endeavour. Bit sad about the plainness of the rides so far, it looks a bit temporary right now.

Last year they announced a flume ride to possibly follow up the coaster and the plans mention Hawkins Rides as the manufacturer. I haven't been to the park to see if there is any sign of construction, I might go next weekend and see what the story is. Anyone know how long these things take to build?
Ryan.B

This park has improved massively, over the past two years, just in thrill rides

Cu Chulainn
Air Race
Power Surge
The Rotator
Endeavour

Another flat or two is set for this year as well, a log flume at some point this or next year and a few rumours flying around of a new coaster, possibly a spinner.
Burniel

Indeed! I'd thoroughly recommend Tayto Park to anyone, especially if you happen to be in Dublin. Easily enough there to fill a day (I went for two days and had a day where I pretty much sat on the coaster all day :P, best day ever).

A water ride and family coaster (spinning coaster sounds brilliant) would really top off this park's lineup. Nice to see so many flats as well - puts parks like our own Alton Towers to shame!

I wouldn't mind seeing this park go down the Paultons route and adding a really well-themed family area as theming appears to be minimal, but it's still an excellent amusement park!
Ryan.B

For flats, it easily beats the merlin parks and BPB, I'd say it's up with Flamingo Land or Lightwater for them, a family coaster and an inverting coaster would put it in the big league, it's coaster line up is still better than Draytons! :P
Ryan.B

Sorry for the double post but..

The company has begun work on a new €5.7m water ride, and it is investing €17.5m in a second major rollercoaster to accompany the wooden Cuchulainn ride.

http://www.newstalk.com/How-big-could-Tayto-Park-be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kemperink

i heard the log flume is from loudoun
dantheman

Wow. This park really looks like it is one to watch. I don't really know that much about water rides, but would any one know of any water ride in any park that may have cost around the same amount as this one is going to be. It would be nice to see a comparison, although I know that just because they are priced the same doesn't mean they will be the same :D

In regardes to the rollercoaster, 17 million is a very large sum of money for a small(ish) park like this to be investing. According to this article, which features a large piece on the Ireland area in Europa park, it seems possible it could be a Mack ride =P~
'Mack revealed that he is hoping to come back over to Ireland in the near future, with a trip to Tayto Park in Ashbourne, County Meath, the first priority on the agenda.

But the visit may be more business then pleasure, with Mack divulging that talks are underway to bring a new rollercoaster over to the Irish amusement park.'
The full article, with an interview with Michael Mack can be seen here: http://buzz.ie/europes-best-theme-park- ... o-ireland/
Burniel

I'd be delighted to see a MACK coaster fill either of the park's gaps in their coaster lineup: an inverting coaster and a family coaster. Having ridden Cobra's Curse recently, I'd love to see a similar ride at Tayto and feel they could easily pull it off. Alternatively, 17 million would easily be enough for a mega/launched (I think), although I do think the family coaster should be prioritised as they already have a fantastic thrill/transition coaster with no coasters for the younger guests whatsoever.

I have to say, with all the current investment at the park, I think my friends in Ireland might be receiving another visit from me sooner than they think! ;)
Aidan Lowe

10 people have been taken to hospital as a precaution following stairs collapsing in a haunted house attraction. HSE will conduct an investigation but the park will still be open.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1022/82614 ... ayto-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
dantheman

The new water ride set to open later this year in Tayto Park could be called 'Viking Voyage', according to the document on the parks website below.

http://www.taytopark.ie/uploads/inner_p ... pdf#page=4

Also, there have been allegations that a young girl broke her neck on the Cu Chulainn coaster last year. A show, which is linked below, that aired on national television in Ireland, goes in depth into ride safety, with statements from the park and the gravity group. They also bring up the smiler incident too. I'm unsure weather you can watch this in the UK, as i'm here in Ireland, but if you can watch it its well worth it.
http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/prime- ... /10681957/

If not, here's a newspaper report an the incident.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingne ... 75365.html

Very sorry about all the links. Its a bit messy ](*,)
OhShambhala

Seems very fishy to me. Surely if the girl broke her neck on the ride, staff would be very aware of it straight away, ambulances would have showed up and the park wouldn't only be aware of it 4 weeks later? If she broke her neck and no ambulances came, how did she get out the park or even walk? Plus I'm sure all rides by a high standard manufacturer such as GG would be pretty well designed not to snap people's necks. This reminds me of the time a girl claimed she broke her wrists on Rita. I hate this lawsuit generation we currently live in.

Of course if the story is legit, full respect goes to the family and I hope the girl has a full recovery. Just very unbeleivable for me.
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
MakoMania

Perhaps a more serious version of the same incident happened on Grand National at BPB in 2014 when a guy broke his neck whilst riding with a neck/back condition despite signs warning against it.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
OhShambhala

This kind of thing really gets to me. The park inevitably gets bad press due to someone breaking rules and getting injured. I call it natural selection.
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
TheDuke

As an irish person I can also weigh in on this, though the media focused on it most people I know and some papers have all stated that its a case of someone riding the coaster with an existing health condition, going off tangent RTE (Raidió Teilifís Éireann) actually showcased and were very positive of the towers in a primetime tech show about 2 months ago
Burniel

I rode the coaster 11 times in four hours in September 2015 and didn't experience any neck pains. Although I am very sorry for the incident and it is clear that the coaster was an aggravator, there is no way that the coaster did this from scratch to a neck in perfect condition. For a wooden coaster, I found it to be very smooth, moreso than half of the steels at, say, Thorpe Park.

The report's comparison to Rattler is ridiculous. You cannot compare a 2-year-old Gravity Group with a 20-year-old coaster by the Rollercoaster Corporation of America that was converted to an RMC five years ago.

In other news, I'm excited to see the news of the water ride. All the park needs now is another quality coaster and it will become a park that one visits Ireland specifically for, especially given the ease from the UK. I know I'll be back before the end of this decade!