If you could add one more inversion to ANY of the Top 6...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Danny

rhino18 wrote: ^I am totally aware of that.
danny.g97 wrote:
rhino18 wrote: My god, what is it about Oblivion and bloody inversions. It's a dive machine, it is not meant to have inversions.
How can you say that when most dive machines In the world DO have inversions?!?!
First off, I was just simply expressing my opinion (which is actually a fact). Then you argue against my opinion on inversions and dive coasters. Sorry if you disagree with me, but you were the one that started arguing with me, not the other way around.  :)

Now, can we leave it there please?
I was saying you can't say dive machines aren't meant to have inversions when most do, which is a fact.

Ok let's leave it there :)
Tom.B

I think that Thirteen could do with an inversion in my opinion. I wouldn't want anything major like a loop or anything, however a heart line roll would suit it perfectly. I would situate said inversion in the backwards section in the tunnel, as I think it would go well there.
JaykeAT

For me it's Rita,13 is still a family ride,to add an inversion would be defeating its intention, if Rita could have a heart line roll at its highest point,I think it would improve it massively
Last edited by JaykeAT on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamTP

i would add a zero-g roll to Rita and maybe an Immelmann loop to oblivion.
Danny

I can't see why an inversion suddenly makes a coaster for teens and adults only. I've been doing inversions since I was around 10-11 and the height restriction is 1.19m anyway.
Luce

Personally, I'd leave each coaster the way it is as I think they are good enough and do the job without making changes :)
JaykeAT

DannyG wrote: I can't see why an inversion suddenly makes a coaster for teens and adults only. I've been doing inversions since I was around 10-11 and the height restriction is 1.19m anyway.
A younger child is more likely to do a ride without an inversion tbh.
Danny

JaykeAT wrote:
DannyG wrote: I can't see why an inversion suddenly makes a coaster for teens and adults only. I've been doing inversions since I was around 10-11 and the height restriction is 1.19m anyway.
Yes but the height restriction isn't doesn't exactly cater for a younger child, it's more double digits aged children.
scw55

The Smiler
Has a lot already. Some argue that the inverted drops sacrificed some potential air time.

Air
Haven't ridden any of these. But probably wouldn't affect it much. Might take away from the moment you're actually "flying".

Nemesis
John squeezed in an extra inversion near the end. There is no room. I like Nemesis being a small and vicious monster.

Rita
Family coaster. Might able to turn it into a more thrilly coaster, but would make its demographic smaller. Rita would be a coaster I would ride, and adding an inversion would put me off.

TH13TEEN
Family ride. Adding an inversion would make it less appealing to a family.

Oblivion
I can see an inversion being tastefully added. Would let Oblivion keep its trade mark drop and also reduce the haters who thinks its a gimicky ride.

My idea is to let the overbank emerging from the ground to invert near the "top". Then the track twists the right way up.

I imagine the track on the right hand side to overbank at the top so the track is inverted (instead of being sideways). Then add half a Zero-G roll so the track self-rights and dips. The track would roll so the train would be on the outside, so the inversion would be a conintuous roll.

It would add an element of mayhem as the train re-emerges. It wouldn't change the profile of the layout much.
Last edited by scw55 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhino18

SamTP wrote: i would add a zero-g roll to Rita and maybe an Immelmann loop to oblivion.
Aaaaaaah! Stop it with all this madness!
JaykeAT wrote:
Not necessarily. A LOT of children would prefer an inversion, older ones especially. Remember - it's a family coaster. NOT a kiddie one.
Burniel

I think I've brainwashed people into thinking that kids don't do inversions :lol:
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
JaykeAT

[/quote]

Not necessarily. A LOT of children would prefer an inversion, older ones especially. Remember - it's a family coaster. NOT a kiddie one.
[/quote]

But without 13 there is almost nothing for younger children,this was never a big thrill ride,we need to stop just thinking bigger and better,and remember the other side of visiters
Danny

I'm am thinking of the other side. Even AT themselves label it as one of their big six thrill coasters. When corkscrew was around in its last years that was like a coaster for children to  experience their first inversions. And if the corkscrew was in the dark part kids wouldn't know any different
Burniel

DannyG wrote: I'm am thinking of the other side. Even AT themselves label it as one of their big six thrill coasters. When corkscrew was around in its last years that was like a coaster for children to  experience their first inversions. And if the corkscrew was in the dark part kids wouldn't know any different
Don't take 13 away from us wusses don't you dare ... ;)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dom

I wouldn't add one to any. It would make them a completely different coaster, and at the moment I think AT have got a good balance and variety. 
Last edited by Dom on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alton13Nemesis

Well th13teen is my favourite ride, and I've always wanted to have a mini zero g roll on the first airtime hill, just after the helix that follows the main drop
Ryan.B

The Smiler-too many, maybe another one to try and stop the Golden eye 15 inversion coaster though.
Rita-most likely.
Nemesis-perfect amount already.
Th13teen-could have backward heart line
Air Too short to have three apart from another barrel roll after first one
Oblivion, couldn't go any steeper unlike new Dive Machines, something to do with the wheels I think so if they were going to do it, they would need newer trains because the old design could possibly not be able to perform any steeper so inversions wouldn't be possible I think, maybe add new trains and make the drop 90 degrees
Sr88

Rita probably for me :D
stealthsmiler

If space wasn't an issue as it is with a lot of the coasters -

For me, Nemesis is good how it is although another inversion done right wouldn't ruin the ride and would be cool. The Smiler has enough and another inversion probably wouldn't be noticed that much as you loose count of how many you have done as it is already. Air would be pretty cool with another inversion although I don't feel it is long enough for another inversion as another inversion would mean less time facing the ground. Rita I like the fact it has no inversions as not every one likes inversions although it would make it slightly more original to the park. Oblivion again I like the fact it doesn't invert although I would like the banked turn after the exit to be an inversion.

Therefore the coaster I would add the inversion to is Thirteen. The reason being is that all of Alton Towers coasters that do invert have 1.4m height restrictions, there's no inverting coasters for younger/smaller people. Also an inversion would enhance the ride in my opinion. I would either have the backwards barrel roll but preferably have the inversion go over the first drop after the helix. It would also be good for those who have never been upside down before and are scared of them as both wouldn't be seen from the queue meaning that they could be tricked into riding and realising they aren't that bad. Also one inversion isn't as scary as 5+
NemesisRider

Probably Air, maybe a corkscrew...