Around the world in 80 days full POV

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Themeparksandy1981

I don't know if anyone seen this video http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri ... 8G-mp2Rr2Y

It's the first time I seen the whole attraction. Seeing this video makes me feel sad as this attraction looks well themed and Now we got a very boring boat ride.
cybermen39

It is a shame and that footage shows only one side, it was so well themed I think they wanted their version of 'It's A Small world.' But is great footage, the best so far.
Last edited by cybermen39 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lf2001

This looked like a great ride  shame it's gone. Was it located where CATCF is now?
Cookie Monster

lf2001 wrote: This looked like a great ride  shame it's gone. Was it located where CATCF is now?
Yes, CATCF is where Around the world in 80 days was located. Before it became CATCF it became toyland tours which opened the same year as Nemesis.
lucozade

It was seriously lame, even for the 90s.
Des-Cheers

This was an awesome laid back ride, which I remember with great fondness. The first time I went to the towers I went on this and around the corner to Doom & Sons (far scarier than The Haunted House). I was only 9 at the time!! When I turned 18 in 1993 me and the lads did the towers for a number of years and after we'd done all the major rides and emptied the teddy machines we always went on this to just chill. The toyland tours was never as good and to be fair CATCF isn't as good either, but that maybe the nostalgia in me. It would be great if with the tech available today if they could do an updated version.
C:\Users\User\Desktop\alton%20sign%201a.bmp
daveclarkedaveclarke

The link in the first post doesn't work anymore, anyone else got a link please?
Hari

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Try this one
daveclarkedaveclarke

Thanks hari
Themeparksandy1981

Watching the video again I only noticed that at the end before you went back into the station a big board with what's coming to the park in the 1992 season. The good old days before the net. Think it could have been put around the park and not at the end of a attraction.