Forthcoming trip: AT and DM with the Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain!

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
JammyBand

This weekend (5th and 6th October) I will be going to Alton Towers and Drayton Manor on an organized trip with the Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain! (http://www.rccgb.co.uk/)  On the Saturday, we meet at Alton Towers at 8AM (I have to get up at 4AM!) and we get to enter the park early and have an Exclusive Ride Session (ERS) on Oblivion. This is where the club rents out a ride for an hour, so that just the Roller Coaster Club of GB is allowed to go on it! Therefore, we get loads of goes on it. Following this, we have a ride takeover of The Smiler, where we all try and takeover the ride with our members! At 12:30, we meet at the hospitality suite, and are offered a buffet lunch and we can buy some Roller Coaster club of GB merchandise, and we have a special guest. I don't know yet, but I'm quite sure our special guest this year is going to be John Wardley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :shock:  :D I'm hoping so anyway. After this, we can do what we want again. At park close (5PM) we meet at the hospitality suite again, and now we have an ERS on Nemesis from 6PM to 7PM......IN THE DARK! Yes, a whole hour of constant nemesis riding in darkness after the park has closed, without the general public. After this, we exit the park via a staff exit that goes straight onto the car park. And that's just one day!

The next day we meet in the tower suite at Drayton Manor a little later at 9PM. Following some tea/coffee to start the day, we have an ERS on Apocalypse! All 3 sides will be running, so we can try all the different modes. Once again, we are offered an award winning buffet lunch in the middle of the day, and often a little talk with a main runner of the park. At 5PM, we have an ERS on G-Force (and occasionally the Troublesome trucks roller coaster as well) and a traditional send off for the season.

The Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year too! This two day weekend event is scheduled every year, and is the last event of the Roller Coaster Club before the end of the theme park season. I would check out the club. Everybody in it is very friendly. If you are an enthusiast, it is a great club to join! Also, you get a roller coaster magazine every two months which is great. The price to join the club is around £30, and the events cost extra as well, but it is great fun! http://www.rccgb.co.uk/
TheAdvocate123

I'm joining the club next year! I can't wait for loopathon but I'm only 15, so I hope I fit in :/
JammyBand

Yes, you will. There are mostly adults, but there are also children and teenagers as well. In fact, I'm even younger than you so you should be fine!  ;) It's worth joining.
Henry

I'm going to Alton Towers but not Drayton Manor, so maybe see you there. 
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
JammyBand

Cool. Last year I did just Alton Towers which was great. This year, we thought we would do the complete thing.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Well I'm at Towers on Saturday (and Sunday), which means I won't be able to go on Oblivion for an hour!
Lee

lewis97 wrote: Well I'm at Towers on Saturday (and Sunday), which means I won't be able to go on Oblivion for an hour!
I imagine it'll be similar to TT Summer Sizzler, in which Oblivion was hired when the public couldn't ride it anyway, so it shouldn't impact your day Lewis :)
JammyBand

Yes, the ERS on Oblivion is before the park opens, so it won't disrupt your day. :)
TheAdvocate123

JammyBand wrote: Yes, you will. There are mostly adults, but there are also children and teenagers as well. In fact, I'm even younger than you so you should be fine!  ;) It's worth joining.

Thank you, how old are you?
JammyBand

TheAdvocate123 wrote:
JammyBand wrote: Yes, you will. There are mostly adults, but there are also children and teenagers as well. In fact, I'm even younger than you so you should be fine!  ;) It's worth joining.

Thank you, how old are you?
I'm only 13, but everybody is really kind and you meet some very nice people!