Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ladyofthelake

The following are on Early Ride Time this season:

Mutiny Bay
•Heave Ho
•Marauders Mayhem
•Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

Katanga Canyon / Gloomy Wood
•Runaway Mine Train
•Duel

X-Sector
•Oblivion

Forbidden Valley
•Nemesis
•The Blade

Plus you can check the Alton Towers website here for any updates.
DeanGaryCox

rach2704 wrote:I go to AT on Monday and Tuesday :) which rides are on the early ride time this season?
Mutiny Bay
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem
Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

Katanga Canyon / Gloomy Wood
Runaway Mine Train
Duel

X-Sector
Oblivion

Forbidden Valley
Nemesis
The Blade

Don't think you can go down the right hand side past sonic spinball to get to Oblivion, we done that and it was blocked off and got told to walk across to the Battle Galleons where they check your Annual Pass / Online Ticket / Hotel Booking and then free to go wherever you want from there with only ERT guests - so you could go queue straight for The Smiler like we seen some people do!
Dan

rach2704 wrote:I go to AT on Monday and Tuesday :) which rides are on the early ride time this season?
Nemesis
Oblivion
RMT
Blade
Duel
Heave-Ho
Marauders Mayhem
SHARKBAIT REEF by Sea Life.
Tupperwarequeen

I'm going tomorrow with my 2 sons, my YS and I have Merlin annual pass, but ES doesn't, I've phoned and got him a ticket through the MAP helpline, collecting ticket at the park - does anyone know if he'll be able to come in on ERT with us?
Groovee

Kirsty25 wrote:
Groovee wrote:My friend was telling me last night that when she goes she buys a one day ticket and then upgrades the ticket on the day to a 2 day one for some extra money. Can this been done?
It might however work out cheaper (unless you're entering using a 2for1 voucher) to book online for a 2 day ticket :)
We have the 2 for 1 tickets and having done my usual bargain hunting, we save £30 using 2 for 1 and buying a return ticket for £9.80 each. :lol :lol
Danny

Tupperwarequeen wrote:I'm going tomorrow with my 2 sons, my YS and I have Merlin annual pass, but ES doesn't, I've phoned and got him a ticket through the MAP helpline, collecting ticket at the park - does anyone know if he'll be able to come in on ERT with us?
I cannot say for sure, but when we went with our 1 day tickets they let us in anyway! They don't seem to check very well, if at all. They never took our tickets, just looked from a distance and let us walk on by. If you show them a MAP in sure they'll let you all in :)
Ladyofthelake

DannyG wrote:
Tupperwarequeen wrote:I'm going tomorrow with my 2 sons, my YS and I have Merlin annual pass, but ES doesn't, I've phoned and got him a ticket through the MAP helpline, collecting ticket at the park - does anyone know if he'll be able to come in on ERT with us?
I cannot say for sure, but when we went with our 1 day tickets they let us in anyway! They don't seem to check very well, if at all. They never took our tickets, just looked from a distance and let us walk on by. If you show them a MAP in sure they'll let you all in :)
I know that if you are using your £10 birthday vouchers with your MAP then you and your friends all get ERT as long as you all enter the park together. I would think the same applies to MAP family and friends tickets, but can't say for sure. You could always ask to double check when you collect your tickets :)
Tupperwarequeen

Thanks guys
Stern John

Hi, sorry for blagging you guys but has John Wardley's Q&A from Nemesis@20 beeen uploaded anywhere?
I would love to see it. :D
Dan

Stern John wrote:Hi, sorry for blagging you guys but has John Wardley's Q&A from Nemesis@20 beeen uploaded anywhere?
I would love to see it. :D
It hasn't been uploaded yet but I'm sure it'll be up very soon :)
Tupperwarequeen

ladyofthelake wrote:
DannyG wrote:
I know that if you are using your £10 birthday vouchers with your MAP then you and your friends all get ERT as long as you all enter the park together. I would think the same applies to MAP family and friends tickets, but can't say for sure. You could always ask to double check when you collect your tickets :)

For anyone else that was wondering - we did all get ERT - and made use of it with 2 goes each on Mine train, nemesis and blade :lol
jimm123

Does anybody know how likely it is busy to be on Tuesday 6th of may? its my only day off work before starting my new job so we decided to go and as its the day after bank holiday hoping it wont be very busy as all the schools are back. Apologies if this is in the wrong section
Gareth78

Hi. Will it be busy on Monday 23 June? Thanks
Groovee

Is the burger kitchen similar to Burger King? Or is it something else entirely?
Zach

Groovee wrote:Is the burger kitchen similar to Burger King? Or is it something else entirely?
It is similar in that it sells burgers and chips etc all that type of Burger King food, however it is an entirely separate company owned and operated merlin within it's own parks and attractions. I'd recommend popping into the shout box if you'd like a rage of opinions on the burger kitchen to get an idea of whether it's nice or not :) hope this helped :)
Groovee

TheSmilerMan wrote:
Groovee wrote:Is the burger kitchen similar to Burger King? Or is it something else entirely?
It is similar in that it sells burgers and chips etc all that type of Burger King food, however it is an entirely separate company owned and operated merlin within it's own parks and attractions. I'd recommend popping into the shout box if you'd like a rage of opinions on the burger kitchen to get an idea of whether it's nice or not :) hope this helped :)

Ooh thanks for that :D
fizzo

Can anyone tell me if the local residents' free tickets can be used to get ERT?
Last edited by lewis97 on Mon May 05, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with another topic
AT1991

Gareth78 wrote:Hi. Will it be busy on Monday 23 June? Thanks
hey hre is a website with the busy times and stuff on http://www.towersalmanac.com/need_to_kn ... _dates.php
Dan

AT1991 wrote:
Gareth78 wrote:Hi. Will it be busy on Monday 23 June? Thanks
hey hre is a website with the busy times and stuff on http://www.towersalmanac.com/need_to_kn ... _dates.php
That website isn't actually that useful. It has the 2013 opening dates on rather than this year, and the how busy colour coding is all off because kids holidays etc have been different this year.
MizzHanza

Hey

So i booked over the phone earlier this year but i chose the option to pay half then and half later on. Its now only 2 weeks until the payment is due and i was wondering if the payment comes off automatically or do i have to phone up again??

Thanks