Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Sanctuary Nurse

Hey guys last year I brought a 13 necklace from alton towers but mislayed my bag... if been back a few times since trying to get my hands on another with no luck...any ideas if they will stock them again..?
Dr Kelman might be mad....But i'll let you into a secret ...ALL THE BEST PEOPLE ARE :)
Benji

Can you get ERT with just the alton towers annual pass? Thanks

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
mattiepearce

Benji wrote: Can you get ERT with just the alton towers annual pass? Thanks
This is the page with the info on for the AT annual pass :D
Altontowersbarlow

hello when do you think the adverts on telly for the smiler will appear :D
JaykeAT

I would say there would be a generic park only advert starting soon and about a month before opening little blipverps will come along (like the ones that had "allegedly started") and then full smiler adverts about 2 weeks before
Altontowersbarlow

thank you great answer :D
JonoD

I haven't been too 'in the know' about Alton Towers as of late... but I know that Beastie closed a while ago and was SBNO... Is that still the case or has it since been removed?
Pennywise

JonoD wrote: I haven't been too 'in the know' about Alton Towers as of late... but I know that Beastie closed a while ago and was SBNO... Is that still the case or has it since been removed?
Still SBNO during February Half Term of this year. You can see it whilst going up the lift hill on Sonic Spinball, though a hideous metal fence has been put up to try and hide it.
Jammydodger

Maybe someone whose worked at the park can settle this for me;
In the case of themed uniforms (i.e Sub-Terra) do staff get to keep their own uniform and wash it etc, or is it communal like the ones at Disney?
bensaund

I would hope keep it
If you go down to the woods today
redpiggy

You know when you buy a MAP on the day at Alton Towers (or wherever you may be), and they take of the price of your visit?... How much do they take off? Is it the price of a ticket, or the actual price you paid that very day?
Michelle

Usually the amount you've paid on the day but occasionally they make a mistake, over FHT my friend paid £15 to get in but they discounted her MAP by the on the door price of £20, and I've heard of a few others getting more reduction than they probably should have too.
Benji

so if you was to buy an alton towers annual pass they give you back what you payed at the gate?

Pennywise

Benji wrote: so if you was to buy an alton towers annual pass they give you back what you payed at the gate?
Yes. :) Although I'm slightly surprised that anyone would do this, rather than just purchasing the annual pass in the first place...
Benji

D4n wrote:
Benji wrote: so if you was to buy an alton towers annual pass they give you back what you payed at the gate?
Yes. :) Although I'm slightly surprised that anyone would do this, rather than just purchasing the annual pass in the first place...
On the website it says you have to collect it from the box office?

Pennywise

Yes. You have to collect it from the box office but it can be purchased from the 'pre-booked ticket collection' sales kiosk in the entrance plaza. They will then hand you a receipt, which will allow you admission into the park, you'll then have to head over to the Box Office at some point during the day where they actually 'make' your annual pass.

Depends on which alternative you consider to be more convenient, really. :)
Benji

cheers, but what if you order it online?

Pennywise

Benji wrote: cheers, but what if you order it online?
If you order it online then I would assume that it would make more sense to take advantage of the free delivery provided - so long as you can present a photo and home address. However, if not, then simply presenting proof of purchase will be enough to get you into the park via the annual pass holder entrance, and you'd then have to, again, head to the Box Office at some point during your day to actually have it printed. :)
Please note – Postal orders will be fulfilled within 5 working days of payment therefore please select ‘Collect at Attraction’ if you are planning to visit an attraction within the next 7 working days. Please check the attraction of your choice is open before completing your booking.
Michelle

I've a few questions, apologies if I sound like a noob :D

With my MAP..can I get reduced entry tickets for other people, and if so how/what are the discounts/what are the rules?

Obviously the Sun 50% rooms are first come first served, but I don't think I can plan to book mine for a few weeks, any ideas how quickly (or if indeed at all) they 'sell out'?

Thanks for any help :)
bensaund

www.merlinannualpass.co.uk has all you need to know

You need the perks and friends and family section which will have the numbers to call to get your half priced ticket and the rules for those
If you go down to the woods today