Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
tunneralex

Hello could I pass my annual pass onto my friend in order to get in ?
Roodlesnouter

Your friend should pay like everybody else, If we were all cheapskates there would be no new attractions.

Try the local park, you will find free rides there swings, see saws and merry go rounds.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kenzie2012

Lol, no unfortunately buddy you can't do that. Apart from the fact it's unfair, you have a photo registered to your pass and they will check that when swiping your pass into the turnstiles. If caught, your friend gets knocked back and you loose your pass. Don't let a simple thing ruin your future visits.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
bensaund

The only way you would get away with giving your pass to somebody else is if you had an identical twin....

But you should pay like everyone else, take advantage of 2 for 1 vouchers or book early online and get in for £33
If you go down to the woods today
Southerner

Thanks for your replies, that helps a lot.

With the bus from Hanley.... will that still be running now, even though the park is closed for the season?
Also, the reason I ask these questions is I have an interview there soon... it says to dress smart and to avoid denim.... but do you think black jeans would be appropriate?
Roodlesnouter

Southerner wrote: Thanks for your replies, that helps a lot.

With the bus from Hanley.... will that still be running now, even though the park is closed for the season?
Also, the reason I ask these questions is I have an interview there soon... it says to dress smart and to avoid denim.... but do you think black jeans would be appropriate?
If it say avoid denim, then you should avoid denim what ever the colour.

shirt and tie with smart trousers and  polished shoes, a suit would be even better.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bensaund

Travellers.... worst experiences all happen when they are around
If you go down to the woods today
Danny

I know they visit during Scarefest, last year they came around on the 28th October I believe?

I think I can recall there being a traveller day around Easter from one of my visits in 2007-2008, although I'm not 100% sure on that front.
lucy2244 wrote: Whats the expected queue time for SW7 on the open day? i've been following construction and would be interested on going on opening day, what do you think?
Depending on the day they get it open really. The fact it won't be opening on the first day of the season should give a little bit of relief towards the overall queue time. If these suggested April previews also go ahead, that should also shorten the overall time. And if it opens on a week day, and the possibility may be there, then I imagine the queues will also be shorter. But overall you're looking towards 100 minutes at least.

And then there's the teething problems with any down time should that occur on the day ;)
Last edited by Danny on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiphakes

Hello!

I'm off to the Hotel for a few days next week and I seem to recall there was some sort of WiFi provision, but I can't recall if it was free or time limited at all? I've got a horrid feeling I'll have to do some work while I'm there but don't really want to be stung with expensive wifi, does anyone know how it works?

K
Southerner

Does anyone know how long it takes to find out if you were successful in an interview?
And if you didn't get the job do they still tell you?

They will always tell you if your successful or not.  I believe they usually aim to let you know within 14 days but it can take a little longer at this time of year due to the sheer volume of people they are having to deal with.
Themeparksandy1981

Save doing another topic but at night what part of the track is the runaway mine train stored now?I know in the past it been on the last corner before the station but last few years going back to the car park on the monorail after the rides had closed I couldn't see the train.
delboy_c

Howdy TT,

Im planning on staying at SLH in June with a family of 4 for 2 nights. Just wondering if buying the all day dining card is worth it? Were planning on doing the theme park for most of the day, then heading into the Waterpark for the last hour or so.

Can the dining card be used in the waterpark on the same day if you use it in the theme park? If you can use it in the waterpark can you get the slush drinks with it, im addicted to the cherry flavour lol

Cheers TT

Del  :)
JaykeAT

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Save doing another topic but at night what part of the track is the runaway mine train stored now?I know in the past it been on the last corner before the station but last few years going back to the car park on the monorail after the rides had closed I couldn't see the train.
Don't hold me to it but I think it's in the tunnel where it meets the rapids.
Southerner

Hi I need to be at Alton Towers at 9:30 on the 26th but all the routes I've looked at i.e bus/trains get me there hours early or too late...

Does anyone know any other ways to get me there on time?
Thanks.
undeadarmy

Hi guys, strange question but i've never been in the hotels before and am looking for the Smiler themed rooms:

In the other themed rooms what exclusive 'features' are there? Ie, noises, and like buttons and stuff, the stuff that isn't nice accomodation.

Thanks for any replies in advance :).
Kenzie2012

"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
undeadarmy

Thanks for that, but already seen it. Was looking for first hand experience :P.
lyssyloo00

Hey,
This may seem like a random question but I'm wondering, why is The Smiler known as worlds first?  :?
Boz

Nobody knows for definite yet. There are a number of theories and rumors, but nothing has been confirmed by Towers yet.
That's why there's so much speculation and excitement ATM.