Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kirsty25

cakey wrote: Lurker here, coming out of the wood work :p  Just a quick question, can you take advantage of ERT with the Sun newspaper free tickets?  Many thanks :)
No I don't believe The Sun free tickets are eligible for ERT but you can access the entire park before 10am, just not ride the ERT rides (use it to queue for The Smiler opening perhaps?)
cakey

Kirsty25 wrote:
cakey wrote: Lurker here, coming out of the wood work :p  Just a quick question, can you take advantage of ERT with the Sun newspaper free tickets?  Many thanks :)
No I don't believe The Sun free tickets are eligible for ERT but you can access the entire park before 10am, just not ride the ERT rides (use it to queue for The Smiler opening perhaps?)
Thats EXACTLY what we'll be doing!  So ert people need to present their tickets at the entrance to rides??
Kirsty25

cakey wrote:
Kirsty25 wrote:
Thats EXACTLY what we'll be doing!  So ert people need to present their tickets at the entrance to rides??
If you wanted to ride say Nemesis during ERT you will have to present your ticket/MAP I don't think there's a restriction for queuing for the queue for the smiler to open
JamieH93

Will the hotels not look after your luggage if you check out in the morning and spend a day in the park, and collect whennyoure done in the park?
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
RCandrew

JamieH93 wrote: Will the hotels not look after your luggage if you check out in the morning and spend a day in the park, and collect whennyoure done in the park?
I thought they would and they really should, but do they?? Where would they keep it?
JamieH93

RCandrew wrote:
JamieH93 wrote: Will the hotels not look after your luggage if you check out in the morning and spend a day in the park, and collect whennyoure done in the park?
I thought they would and they really should, but do they?? Where would they keep it?
Surely they could keep it in the porters storage thinglike they do.if you chexk in before 3 i hope so cos im going for 3 days and 2 nights and i dont wanna be carrying a suitcase wth me all day o my last day

Aplogies for spelling too im on my phone
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Captain Chimp

RCandrew wrote:
They do, certainly at Splash Landings - there's a left luggage room just to the left of the reception desk. Not sure about AT Hotel.
JamieH93

Captain Chimp wrote:
RCandrew wrote:

They do, certainly at Splash Landings - there's a left luggage room just to the left of the reception desk. Not sure about AT Hotel.
Cool, is it secure?
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
RCandrew

JamieH93 wrote:
Captain Chimp wrote:
RCandrew wrote: I thought they would and they really should, but do they?? Where would they keep it?

Cool, is it secure?
Yeah is it? I'm at splash landings!
ing1607

So I'm a bit confused, can anyone get in the park at 9 but if you bought the tickets at the gate you can't get on the rides, or do the ticket gates not open until 10?
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Is it the same woman's voice on Sub-Terra and the episode of Doctor Who called The Impossible Planet (the voice that says "open door #" and "close door #")?
sully1311

ing1607 wrote: So I'm a bit confused, can anyone get in the park at 9 but if you bought the tickets at the gate you can't get on the rides, or do the ticket gates not open until 10?
Anyone can access the park from 9. Anyone can queue up for The Smiler from 9. Only hotel guests, MAP holders and online pre-books can go on the ERT rides.
ing1607

Also, I was wondering how long it takes to walk from the ca park to the park/ how long the monorail queue is at around 9:15? Want to get into the park quickly! Also how long are the ticket queues?
sully1311

ing1607 wrote: Also, I was wondering how long it takes to walk from the ca park to the park/ how long the monorail queue is at around 9:15? Want to get into the park quickly! Also how long are the ticket queues?
You want to be getting the first monorail services from 8.30 to be honest.
JamieH93

sully1311 wrote:
ing1607 wrote: Also, I was wondering how long it takes to walk from the ca park to the park/ how long the monorail queue is at around 9:15? Want to get into the park quickly! Also how long are the ticket queues?
When is the first monorail train from splash landings to the park?
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
sully1311

JamieH93 wrote:
sully1311 wrote:
When is the first monorail train from splash landings to the park?
8.30, like I just said. :|
RCandrew

Haha ill be getting the 8:30 one then! And I'm going in July, will be in park 10th and 11th, does anyone know roughly what they think queues will be like and what they will be like for the smiler? I don't know when England has there summer holidays and stuff, I'm up in Scotland! I'm hoping its like when I went in 2011, even though it was August the longest queues were for Thirteen and spinball which was 30 minutes! Next was about 15 for oblivion and nemesis the rest were less than 10 minute queues :D
sully1311

RCandrew wrote: Haha ill be getting the 8:30 one then! And I'm going in July, will be in park 10th and 11th, does anyone know roughly what they think queues will be like and what they will be like for the smiler? I don't know when England has there summer holidays and stuff, I'm up in Scotland! I'm hoping its like when I went in 2011, even though it was August the longest queues were for Thirteen and spinball which was 30 minutes! Next was about 15 for oblivion and nemesis the rest were less than 10 minute queues :D
It's going to be close to be capacity. School trips/Summer holidays.
JamieH93

Is thereba limit how many times you can use fastrack scream and silver?
I know the AT website some state uou can only use once but these ones do not??

Edit: Topic merged with Quick Questions
Last edited by JamieH93 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
SuperWill

If you buy Fastrack Scream or/and Sliver then you can only use them once! I hope this has helped you! :)

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D