Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Zach

It's usually a wait until they release details for 2015 opening season times and ticket prices before you can start booking tickets for next year, as the price could go up for next years season (ridiculous I know). However I do remember them doing a grab 2014 tickets at 2013 prices last year for this season so I'd wait and see what happens but for now assume it's unavailable, you could try ringing the booking line and do it that way :) it also possible to book your room now and get your tickets later yes :)
lucozade

Why dont they put up proper signs in the gardens, or coloured paving to follow?
Tom170499

lucozade wrote:Why dont they put up proper signs in the gardens, or coloured paving to follow?
I suppose so they don't effect the environment or the views but they have the red and yellow signs that guide you to FV & DF. they're good enough in my opinion.
NemeJaney

Not sure if this has already been asked here, but I'm too busy to find it.

Does anyone know any buses running from Uttoxeter to/through Alton Towers for the evening of Friday 24th October? I've looked for the 32A timetable online, but it isn't there, so I'm questioning whether or not it still runs...
If there are no buses for these requirements, can anyone recommend a decent taxi service in that area?

Any information will be appreciated, thank you.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

See here for information regarding buses to Alton Towers.
lucozade

Tom170499 wrote:
lucozade wrote:Why dont they put up proper signs in the gardens, or coloured paving to follow?
I suppose so they don't effect the environment or the views but they have the red and yellow signs that guide you to FV & DF. they're good enough in my opinion.
Not in the dark there not.
Dan

lucozade wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:
Not in the dark there not.
The Gardens aren't open when it's dark so that would be unnecessary. The current system they have works just fine.
Talbots Nemsis

Anyone know how the all you can eat dining works? Wondering what to expect and (despite buying the thing) there really isn't that much info about. I assumed it includes drinks (hot and cold)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Talbots Nemsis wrote:Anyone know how the all you can eat dining works? Wondering what to expect and (despite buying the thing) there really isn't that much info about. I assumed it includes drinks (hot and cold)
There's a page on the Alton Towers website here, where the terms and conditions state that Canned, Bottled or Alcoholic drinks are not available in this offer (excluding Water).
Talbots Nemsis

Thanks Lewis. That was just the info I needed, I will go away wondering how the heck I couldn't find it when I looked :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Morgan

Bit of a weird one...
How far does TH13TEEN go into the forest?
tori_swift

When I went the other day they had drained Nemesis. I was wondering why they do this and how often it's done? There were a few items down in the valley but didn't think it would be done for that alone.
Inferno Attractions

I was just wondering how busy everyone thinks the Fireworks event will be at Alton Towers this year? (because I want to ride Nemesis in the dark but too scared for Scarefest)

Bonus question: Are all of the rides open until dark?
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
Aidan Lowe

It will be quieter during Scarefest than fireworks, during the 3-day fireworks event the park is heaving.

Rides shut about 5:30pm? and the queues run down, then everyone gather on the lawn for fireworks around 7pm, after they have finished and the areas checked they re-open for an hour or so until 9pm.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
LeBro 13

Bit of a strange one but, does anyone know where I can find the nutritional values for the food there?
lf2001

Don't know if it's been posted, but I am visiting on Thursday with a friend, and we're both really interested in doing the scare mazes. I just want to know where do you buy the scare maze tickets?
nemefan08

I can't say for sure but I imagine from the fastrack booths or at the queue.

On the matter of queues I have two questions.
1) did alton at one point have free fastrack
2) when did they start installing single rider queues or where they always there.
TheBeast

If you look at the Scarefest 2014 lowdown section in the actual TowerTimes website it shows you where to buy the tickets. However, I have another question to add to this- can I buy a ticket for one maze and not the other?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
undeadarmy

Hi guys. I've never been to AT before. I was meant to go when the Smiler opened, but ended up going. Anyway, I'm going from the 31-1st November (I know it'll be busy, but I've got gold fastrack for the 31st, so it shouldn't be too bad!). I've also booked maze tickets for the 31st.

Apart from that, are there any tips you guys have for first-timers of both AT and Scarefest? Any advice would be a great help. Thanks!
Milgod

Two quick questions -

1 - Has anyone used the food vouchers on the AT site? I take it you just print them off and hand them in.

2 - Can you get Fastrack tickets on single coasters besides Smiler or do you have to get a package of 3/4? I'm thinking 13 in particular.