Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Morgan

Thanks
Ryan.B

Does anyone know if you have to ask in advance to film on cbeebies land rides, the rapids and other rides which are like tracked rides e.g postman pat, get set go, do you have to ask before your visit or can you ask at the entrance for these rides as I was thinking about doing some filming for my YouTube channel as it is purely a theme park channel and I need to get so e footage, also can you film on rides such as thirteen and the smiler if you ask 4 weeks in advance and what is the age restrictions for filming. If not I will try and ask in advance on there website.
inFusion

It depends... Some people use GoPros with head mounts and the ride ops usually say they're ok. I've seen some coasters be stopped because someone had a camera on the ride.
Dan

Alton Towers policy is that they do not allow filming on any of their rides or attractions.

They get asked a lot on Twitter if people can use GoPros etc but they always say it's not permitted, presumably from a H&S standpoint.

Personally I don't think it's worth the risk. Will your POV be any different from the numerous ones that are floating around on YouTube already? Also are you willing to risk getting caught and potentially being thrown out of the park?
Ryan.B

Ok, I'll stick to off ride videos for now.
nemefan08

What was the corckscrew queue like
sw7nutter

Corkscrew was very rattely but was a good laugh. It never had a queue in its latter years so if you wanted to get a few quick rides done corkscrew did offer that. I wouldn't say that you missed much as it wasn't the best.
nemefan08

did the black hole ever get rough.
Morgan

On coasters, where do you get put if you use the disabled entrance?
All I know is: Air (Back-row), 13 (Back-row) and RMT (Front-row)
Thanks!
Dan

TTheory wrote:On coasters, where do you get put if you use the disabled entrance?
All I know is: Air (Back-row), 13 (Back-row) and RMT (Front-row)
Thanks!
Nemesis is also back row. I'm pretty certain that The Smiler and Rita are as well.

With Oblivion it makes little difference but I imagine the front of the shuttle.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It's usually the back row on the rollercoasters, as in the event of the breakdown this is who they will get off first and it also means they have the shortest distance to walk down the lift hill.
Morgan

Thanks
MerlinFan

Currently planning a visit to Benidorm next year and want to do the Terra Mitica theme park while there. On looking at their website, there was a ride that was exactly the same as the old Energizer/Boneshaker ride that used to be at Alton Towers. Is that where the ride ended up being sent to? Would love it if it was Alton Tower's original ride as it's one I miss.
beany

What time does the monorail start operating during scarefest?
Chloe87

We are planning a trip to AT next month and have decided to buy all day dining passes.
We have had them before and know that you get a wrist band and a card which you have to show when purchasing food.
This time we are planning a two day trip staying in the hotel and wondered if it is possible to reuse the ADD wristbands and cards for the second day.
Obviously we are not supposed to do this but we just wondered if it was possible.

We are already spending a fortune on the hotel and tickets, several lots of maze tickets (since they have decided not to do the freedom tickets this year) and fast track passes, so really we were just hoping to get as much as we can out of the ADD cards if we can.

Thanks.
jon18uk

Chloe87 wrote:We are planning a trip to AT next month and have decided to buy all day dining passes.
We have had them before and know that you get a wrist band and a card which you have to show when purchasing food.
This time we are planning a two day trip staying in the hotel and wondered if it is possible to reuse the ADD wristbands and cards for the second day.
Obviously we are not supposed to do this but we just wondered if it was possible.

We are already spending a fortune on the hotel and tickets, several lots of maze tickets (since they have decided not to do the freedom tickets this year) and fast track passes, so really we were just hoping to get as much as we can out of the ADD cards if we can.

Thanks.
I have marked in bold the section which is important. If you are not meant to do it then the answer is no you can't.

Generally All Day Dining is not a good deal. It is £10.95 for an adult at Pizza & Pasta buffet. If you then had a smaller meal later (such as Burger Kitchen around £7) and a donut and a coffee (£2.50 I think) then you are only spending £20. You need to eat quite a lot to save money on the £29.50 price. Particularly as breakfast is already included at the hotel, if you at breakfast in the park and then a few other drinks then you should break even on all-day dining, but I don't think I ever spend £30 on food at AT, even on a fireworks day.

You can get some vouchers to save money here http://www.altontowers.com/print-at-hom ... -vouchers/
Legoluce

Hi everyone!

This is my first ever post, so hoping someone can advise!

I'm off to Alton Towers 25th and 26th Sept next week and have two quick (hopefully) questions please!

1. What is the Flambo's buffet like at the Splash Landings hotel? Have heard mixed reviews, mostly negative from googling online. What are the choices on offer for mains and desserts (roughly) as the website is a bit vague. Not sure whether the new Pizza place would be better, but know with the buffet you can stuff yourself silly so might be better value for money?? Any thoughts?

2. Any idea how busy the park might be/queue times to expect?

Look forward to getting your opinions! Thanks in advance! :)
jon18uk

Legoluce wrote:Hi everyone!

This is my first ever post, so hoping someone can advise!

I'm off to Alton Towers 25th and 26th Sept next week and have two quick (hopefully) questions please!

1. What is the Flambo's buffet like at the Splash Landings hotel? Have heard mixed reviews, mostly negative from googling online. What are the choices on offer for mains and desserts (roughly) as the website is a bit vague. Not sure whether the new Pizza place would be better, but know with the buffet you can stuff yourself silly so might be better value for money?? Any thoughts?

2. Any idea how busy the park might be/queue times to expect?

Look forward to getting your opinions! Thanks in advance! :)
I last went to Flambo's in 2012 and it was great, lots of choice, goat curry was fantastic, Sunday dinner style carved meats were good and plenty of dessert. £20 is pricey but it is a three course meal. I think many reviews are basically put off because the price seems high, but quality is good. If you only want main courses then check out the secret garden restaurant menu too http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFile ... -menus.pdf

Its pretty quiet at the moment, check out ridetimes.co.uk to see what the queues are like right now.
Legoluce

Thanks jon18uk for replying.

That's what I thought about the £20, that it's worth it if you want to eat a lot and have dessert :) I've heard the buffet has pizza and pasta too, so hoping that's the case!

Am checking the queue times daily, hoping we are lucky with queue times :D
nicola2611

HI

Does the pizza/pasta buffet have an age reduction for under 4's

thanks