Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheBeast

It varies- do you mean the two for one offers? You can find them all over the place, I know that some cereal brands do them. Just gotta keep an eye out for them tbh
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
cinabar

It was the offer in the Sun I was after - the hotel discount part really. It appears every year I think - just not sure when to start looking out for it?
Ladyofthelake

It typically appears around the start of March - just before the start of the main season :)
monkeyboy

Why does spinball only run with 3 in the rain? I've noticed that single rider is the best place to be at this time!
TheBeast

Witchcraft

If you want my honest answer, I don't know. It is probably to encourage people to move to other sections of park, or something to do with the running costs.
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Danny

monkeyboy wrote:Why does spinball only run with 3 in the rain? I've noticed that single rider is the best place to be at this time!
It has absolutely nothing to do with encouraging people to move further in to the park. It's when it is raining, or there is bad weather overhead or expected. A safety precaution basically :)
monkeyboy

DannyG wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Why does spinball only run with 3 in the rain? I've noticed that single rider is the best place to be at this time!
It has absolutely nothing to do with encouraging people to move further in to the park. It's when it is raining, or there is bad weather overhead or expected. A safety precaution basically :)
So there's an issue with the cars or track in the rain? I still have no clue what the safety issue is though.
Danny

monkeyboy wrote:
DannyG wrote:
So there's an issue with the cars or track in the rain? I still have no clue what the safety issue is though.
Although never fully confirmed, I believe it is a regulation the manufacturer gives the parks to do with weight distribution and when the track is wet the cars are likely to go faster, making the spinning more intense, possibly a potential hazard for younger riders.
That's my perception, but it's never been explained fully :)
gmonster

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me what its going to be like on the 14th and 15th September please? Hope its quiet
Dan

gmonster wrote:Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me what its going to be like on the 14th and 15th September please? Hope its quiet
I would have thought that it would be very quiet. The best advice I can give for September is wait til all the schools/colleges go back, which they pretty much all are by the middle of the month.
gmonster

Thats great thanks. I hope it is as we have booked the enchanted village then. Cant wait :D
gmonster

Another question......is the gardens wheelchair friendly as my partner uses one? Cheers
Adz
Admin
Admin

gmonster wrote:Another question......is the gardens wheelchair friendly as my partner uses one? Cheers
Yes and no. Many parts are accessible to wheelchair users, especially the lower levels but you will find it difficult to access the furthest sections as well as the parts high up the sides by Dark Forest and Forbidden Valley as these contain a large amount of steps.
gmonster

Cheers fella :D
Adz
Admin
Admin

Please continue this topic here;

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... =1&t=39975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;