Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
karl207843

Hi.

Could anyone please tell me if its possible to turn up at night to view the fireworks on any of the nights?

Thanks

Karl
jopsey

We are going splash landings and getting tickets included in the package,can we use these tickets to get discount against buying merlin annual passes does anybody know please ?
Dan

karl207843 wrote:Hi.

Could anyone please tell me if its possible to turn up at night to view the fireworks on any of the nights?

Thanks

Karl
It is but there isn't an option to buy a Fireworks-only ticket. You would have to pay an admission fee to access the park, even if all you want to do is view the Fireworks display.
jon18uk

karl207843 wrote:Hi.

Thanks

Karl
On Friday there is an after 4pm ticket available for £18. On Saturday and Sunday it doesn't matter what time you arrive, it is full price for entry to the park.
NemesisRider

Again, on the subject of fireworks, on the Saturday if you arrive from 2:00-3:00PM will there be parking space? And I assume annual pass holder's don't have to prebook...
Dan

NemesisRider wrote:Again, on the subject of fireworks, on the Saturday if you arrive from 2:00-3:00PM will there be parking space? And I assume annual pass holder's don't have to prebook...
Annual Pass holders don't have to pre-book.

If you're arriving at that time I would be surprised if you're not directed to an overflow car park, as the Saturday of Fireworks is one of the busiest days of the season.
NemesisRider

OK, thanks Dan! :D
Dannyski

Hello! I'm visiting the park tomorrow - I don't suppose if anyone knows what's the queue times have been like today (as a guide). I meant to check the ride times website but completely forgot...cheers!
Ladyofthelake

Queue times have been very quiet today with most rides showing as being under 15 minutes. You should be able to get plenty of rides in :) Enjoy your day!
Dannyski

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear :)
diggerAT241092

Hi all,

Just wondering what the rides are like in general with the rain. Planning to go tomorrow and the forecast isn't great. Can we expect all rides to be running normally or should we expect them to close a lot? And are there any in particular that are more likely to close.

Also, whilst I'm here... do you think the bad weather tomorrow will put many people off or do you think it will be busy as ever with the fireworks?

Thanks in advance!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Usually rides will still run during the rain, although this may be with reduced capacity, however they may close if there is any lightning. I've heard that they're expecting around 28,000 people tomorrow and I doubt too many will be put off by the weather.
Starlight expresser

Hey guys, can anyone tell me the names of the a-band-on-ship vocalists? Particularly 2013

Cheers

Andy
Dom

I don't know their names but this might help https://www.facebook.com/abandonship1234
Morgan

Is the extra theming (from Scarefest 2013) in Duels extended queue still there?
NemesisRider

In February half term can premium AT annual pass holder's go for free?
Dan

NemesisRider wrote:In February half term can premium AT annual pass holder's go for free?
:yes:
NemesisRider

OK, thanks :)
JustWill

lewis97 wrote:Usually rides will still run during the rain, although this may be with reduced capacity, however they may close if there is any lightning. I've heard that they're expecting around 28,000 people tomorrow and I doubt too many will be put off by the weather.
On a wet and windy day last scarefest:
•The Skyride Closed All Day
•Air Closed (Temporarily)
•Rita Closed (Temporarily)
•Twirling Toadstool Closed All Day
•Oblivion's station was running messages stating the ride could stop at any time
•Spinball was running 3 people per train
•The flume closed (Temporarily)
•The Congo river rapids closed (Temprarily)
•Ripsaw Closed on and off all day (EDIT)
cinabar

Anyone know when the Sun usually do their offers?