Alton Towers - Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kirsty25

I know there is a child's and an adults price. I don't think there is an infants price though.
Danny

Is it children under 2 enter free?
Morgan

Under 4's go Free
lewis97
Admin
Admin

nicola2611 wrote:Does the pizza/pasta buffet have an age reduction for under 4's
Just for clarity, as there are a variety of answers being suggested, the above is the question needing an answer.
Danny

Mine wasnt an answer, it was a question hence the question mark. Thanks for the reply :)
Fatnorville

TTheory wrote:Under 4's go Free
Have AT stopped doing the parent and toddler deal? I can no longer see this for the main park. This used to be brilliant value.
Starlight expresser

Does alton offer an all day hot drinks deal like a refill capsule? I drink a lot of hot drinks and costs a lot while I'm there. Would certainly do a refill deal
Ladyofthelake

You can buy a refillable hot drinks cup for £7 I believe :)
Jason_101

Im going to AT SCAREFEST for the first time im not really a scare maze person because they actually seriously scare me i have been on nemmy sub terra about 4 times but i just cant deal with the last section of the ride do you think i should get tickets for the mazes or should i leave it i just dont want to miss out if i dont do the mazes does that make scarefest less enjoyable hellpppp!!
HB489

How's the reliability of The Smiler these days? I was following the news quite closely around the time it was supposed to open, so read about the delays and teething problems. When I visited in June last year it seemed there were still some issues, meaning it was closed throughout most of the day (and when it wasn't, the queue was unbearably long).

Have things improved since then? I'm visiting for two days next month during Scarefest, so with the extended opening hours I should hopefully manage to ride at least once, but I'll be disappointed if I end up spending much of my time queueing and then being let down if it has to close.
Burniel

The Smiler is far from the most reliable ride on-park, but you should get at least one go during a 2-day trip. Chances are there'll be a minor break down during your visit, but that won't necessarily be when you're queuing. :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
HB489

Good to hear, I guess...could be worse, is what I'm getting at :P

Thinking back to my last visit, it wasn't just The Smiler out of operation that day, at one point in the day there was only one ride running in X Sector, Enterprise if I remember rightly. I'm sure it was only brief, bit disappointing none the less. Oblivion was a bit stop and start, and I'm almost certain there was another ride there, next to Enterprise, but it's not on the 2014 park map. I'm sure I was on that, watching a man going up the steps to sort out Oblivion when it had stopped, has it been removed?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Yes, you must be referring to Submission, which was removed ahead of the park opening this season.
HB489

Ah yeh that sounds right, thanks. Shame, was a nice quick one to jump on whilst in that area.
Morgan

Jason101, I'd recommend a scare-zone first. They're usually a lot less... intense than mazes. See how you go!
Zach

How's the reliability of The Smiler these days? I was following the news quite closely around the time it was supposed to open, so read about the delays and teething problems. When I visited in June last year it seemed there were still some issues, meaning it was closed throughout most of the day (and when it wasn't, the queue was unbearably long).

Have things improved since then? I'm visiting for two days next month during Scarefest, so with the extended opening hours I should hopefully manage to ride at least once, but I'll be disappointed if I end up spending much of my time queueing and then being let down if it has to close.
Lately reliability has been on the positive, with only having minor break downs during day but there only small and usually back up in 10-15 mins, you should manage more than once in two days, just use the SRQ and maybe head there first or last :)
Jason_101

TTheory wrote:Jason101, I'd recommend a scare-zone first. They're usually a lot less... intense than mazes. See how you go!
thanks the scare zones dont look as bad as the sanctuary etc. but i think i will give them a go
MerlinFan

I'm a wuss too with things like horror mazes - just don't want to know! My husband and I went to annual pass preview night last year and just did the rides in the dark which was brilliant. You still get the atmosphere of fright night without the heart attacks. Plus everyone seemed to be queuing for the mazes which meant there were next to no queues for the rides. Don't know what it's like on a normal fright night though as it was the preview event we attended.
Zach

To all those who are bit scared of mazes, the hype is more than the actual scare :) once you've done one you get the thrill for it and want to do more, it's just like coasters :)
Sentri558

I was trying to price a room for 2015 in the hotel. Regardless of which room I request on the website, the ticket section will not even show my the tickets available, meaning I can't book at this time. Anyone else had this issue? Do they wait until the same year to allow it? The time I'm trying to book is after the 22nd of March opening date, and before November cut off date.

Thanks guys :)

P.S
Is it possible to book the tickets separately once you have the room booked? Thanks :)