CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
sku11dude123

There are soooo many things you can do to this area..
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I find it amusing how they decided to market it as a "world's first"...
sku11dude123

lewis97 wrote: I find it amusing how they decided to market it as a "world's first"...
I wonder how it will be world's first....
lewis97
Admin
Admin

sku11dude123 wrote:
lewis97 wrote: I find it amusing how they decided to market it as a "world's first"...
Well the fact it's the first ever CBeebies Land.
Danny

sku11dude123 wrote:
They've already said - it's the world's first CBeebies themed area.

I really hope that the Beeb were shown high quality plans and agreed to the area on the basis that Towers could pull it off. I do have some faith, although I can ultimately see that I'll be disappointed somewhat next year. If they can put as much effort in as Drayton did with Thomas Land then I'll be very happy, despite the fact I'm clueless as to the products that are shown on kid's TV these days.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Looking at products produced by the BBC for the cbeebies I can see the possibility of the following being used in some way:

Big Barn Farm
Brum
Charlie & Lola
NumberJacks
Teletubbies
Twenties
Post man pat
ZingZillas
Mistermaker
In the night garden
Jack

^may I express my hate towards all of those shows? Well, if Towers end up with this and it looks bad, I will be going to guest services to complain about it not being ready :lol:
ukool

My nephews going to be 4 soon, so looks like next year will be the perfect time to take him for his first Alton trip. My sister was going to wait a few more years, but with Cbeebies in a few more years he will have out grown it.

Im looking forward to see what shows they choose for this.
Themeparksandy1981

I can just say I said this on the 3rd Nov last year:

I would love to see a Cbeebies land built on the farm area,story book land and adventure land.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/ as my child is only 4 months old not sure what stars they can have the rides of but just look how big Thomasland is at Drayton Manor with plans to make it bigger.

And some of you said it would never happen:

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-to ... -the-farm/

Looking at the plans again in the top left hand corner it as farm area maybe this could be Mr Blooms nursery
TomL

Teletubbies is a good shout for Bish Bash! The hoover thing could be a centrepiece and spurt out all the balls! They could even use some more projection mapping to project a baby onto a sun! :P I can see charlie and lola as a special episode played in the big top or something similar... Octonaughts is already being used at chessie for sealife so I don't think that would make an appearance.
tallicay2k

Hell yes! Good ol Brum and postman pat!!
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
sku11dude123

Since the Clangers are coming back in 2015. There is a possibility that a ride might be made around them to promote the show.
TheOutpatient

putting a vote in for Clangers
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
Burniel

Rob-TT wrote: Mistermaker
I'm a little confused as to how they could fit mistermaker in? Unless there was some creativity shop (like build-a-bear)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
C0RR3CTED1

No, teletubbies is not a good shout. I watched the teletubbies when I was a kid and i'm now 20! Kids of today aren't going to know who they are. I'm sure all the characters incorporated will be current and relevant to youngsters today.  I just hope the place isn't too tacky!
Jack

^ Merlin will go for whatever is most profitable, if they use todays excuse for kids shows, they would have to spend very little money for very high income. Kids would see the character and want to go there, which is so sad, as AT's own themed areas were the best, and I can only see this looking very tacky. :(
Last edited by Jack on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deejay

I remember as a 6 year old, going to Rainbows End in Bognor (1987) and the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles were there. I absolutely loved it :)
Rob
Admin
Admin

Ilovecoasters wrote:
Rob-TT wrote: Mistermaker
I'm a little confused as to how they could fit mistermaker in? Unless there was some creativity shop (like build-a-bear)
Easily, person on stage showing the kids how to do something. Perfect for the stage and covered area.
Themeparksandy1981

Well it says it's gonna be a ever changing area with different kids stars every time they visit. The rides will be based on long running shows like fireman Sam,postman pat etc.
TomL

C0RR3CTED1  wrote: No, teletubbies is not a good shout. I watched the teletubbies when I was a kid and i'm now 20! Kids of today aren't going to know who they are. I'm sure all the characters incorporated will be current and relevant to youngsters today.  I just hope the place isn't too tacky!
Teletubbies is still aired. It is one of my 4yr old cousins favorite programmes alongside charlie and lola and fif and the flower tots