CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheBeast

But as you said, only people looking to the site will know about it. It isn't common practice to watch over a park in closed season.

I doubt they will do much bigging up of the ride, mainly because it is an offshoot of Cbeebies Land- all they need to do is more advertising of Cbeebies Land and then add on "new for 2015" on the end of it.
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
definedancing

Does anyone reckon that those supports look like a Vekoma? Like a roller skater perhaps?
Momoffour

I am going to put my bet in for a dragon ride. With the theme Mike the Knight. With the first 2 seats in the coaster being by the dragons head and the tail at the end seats design.
Danny

Momoffour wrote:I am going to put my bet in for a dragon ride. With the theme Mike the Knight. With the first 2 seats in the coaster being by the dragons head and the tail at the end seats design.
You mean exactly like Beastie's train?! Why don't they just renovate and reuse :lol maybe that's the plan... :sus:
Momoffour

Ha ha. Yes that's exactly what I mean !! But. Themed mike the knight to fit it in the cbeebees land
scottwsmith

I thought an Octonaughts theme would be better suited to a suspended coaster...oh well:/
Paws

Its hard to tell exactly what manufacture is involved here because the supports are pretty much identical to many different makes. closest I have found so far are zamperla and Gerstlauer but the circle base in the photos is still very much bigger with way bigger holes than any I have seen made by them so its hard to tell, so right now its really hard to tell until track arrives.
CJH

So with TS posting a picture of the track at the resort, here are my views.

I have no doubt that this is a Zierer family/kids coaster like Shamu at Sea World.

Have a look on YouTube as I can't seem to get the link to work on here.
shawconor93

Thanks to TS i can confirm track has arrived on site And looks like a zamperla Track
Paws

CJH wrote:I have no doubt that this is a Zierer family/kids coaster like Shamu at Sea World.
Although they look pretty identical they are still different in shape.
If you look at the ties you can see that they go down, along straight then up again. While on Zierer notice that the ties are a "V" Shape.
NemesisRider

I must admit, the track doesn't match any current Zamperla products...

Any ideas who might have been the manufacturer?
Zach

It's by zamperla though
Air15

Another theme that I think it could be is the Koala brothers
Owen

To put it bluntly, the koala brothers are so last year :lol
scottwsmith

Thrillmad wrote:To put it bluntly, the koala brothers are so last year :lol
So is Postman Pat:'D
Owen

scottwsmith wrote:
Other than the fact it was revamped and brought back not long ago and has had a cinema released movie come out in 2014 with new episodes for this year :lol
Rollermad

Thrillmad wrote:
scottwsmith wrote:
Other than the fact it was revamped and brought back not long ago and has had a cinema released movie come out in 2014 with new episodes for this year :lol
Postman Pat expert 2k15 ;D
Owen

Rollermad wrote: Postman Pat expert 2k15 ;D
Just what I found out on the forum :)
Danny

So today Sea Life in California, owned by Merlin, have announced that the Octonauts will be joining them for events throughout the year.
As most of you will know they are also visiting AT for Feb HT.
I think with this information, as well as the Octonauts being used elsewhere, this may point towards the coasters theme. Merlin suddenly using them at their attractions, maybe they got e deal with BBC and are making the most of it?

Link: https://www.visitsealife.com/charlotte- ... s/default/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: Also if you look at the Octonauts, the uniform and submarines are a very similar colour to the track we've seen, I'd say this is almost confirmed personally!
LINK: http://www.theoctonauts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can I just make it clear that I didn't even know what the Octonauts were until today when I decided to look in to this coaster some more :lol
Morgan

They use it because it's a programme about the ocean, so that's probably why Sea-Life are using them. It has even been used at CWoA.