CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Altontowersbarlow

Nathan_Fisher wrote:I doubt it will be a ride similar to The Flying Fish. Alton Towers already have the RMT which is the same manufacture of the Flying Fish. A Gerstlauer childrens coaster would be suitable, like Troublesome trucks. Although I still believe it will be a Zamperla junior coaster because it's cheaper and considering the time they have until the new season, quicker to install.
I did not mean the coaster would be a powered coaster or made by the same company as Flying Fish. I purely meant in terms of layout I presume Alton's 2015 attraction will be similar.
Danny

Does anyone have any idea of the cost of Troublesome trucks? I'd be quite happy with a ride like that at AT, although made by Zamperla of course ;)
TheBeast

Not a clue, although I would like to wish you happy 3000th post ;)
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Paws

Looking at the prices of other children's coasters i'm guessing anywhere between £250,000 to £500,000.
Dom

I have been thinking about which Cbeebies program this coaster could be themed too and looking through the program list only one stands out. I have a feeling this could be themed to Chuggington.
TheBeast

Nice idea, but id like to point out the RMT is train-based, it is made redundant by the erection of the new ride. Maybe if they were also removing the RMT then I could see it as plausible, but I don't think there is much purpose in it
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
stealthsmiler

but the experiences would be completely different. Whilst RMT will be suitable for all ages, the new coaster really will only be suitable for young children (I imagine). Plus the layouts would be completely different.
Ladyofthelake

Chuggington could be a possibility, however I don't think it's an in house BBC production so it may be that, depending on the distribution agreement the BBC have with the owners, that it can't be used for a ride.

RMT still draws the queues so even if the children's coaster does have a train theme I personally think there would still be enough to distinguish between them for both to do well.

What I think (and hope) this new ride will do is to provide the ideal first step for younger guests to experience their first coaster. You would have a nice progression from this new ride, to RMT, to 1.2m rides then finally to 1.4m rides - all within the same park which would not only appeal to younger families, but also potentially encourage return visits as those children grow up and want to return to try the bigger thrill rides.
Lee

Supports have arrived on site - credit to Towersstreet. Very CBeebies style colouring, helps further the Octonaughts rumours.

Altontowersbarlow

Is this newest coaster planned to open along with the other attractions at Alton Towers in March or will it open at a later date?. I'm only asking this as Alton Towers seem to have been very quiet in terms of marketing for the latest addition to Cbeebies Land.
Owen

I would have thought March, this would mean KiddieC in March, EV in April and EF high ropes in May...
It shouldn't take too long to construct, seeing its size and the fact the area has already been cleared...
Morgan

This video has made my day-
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IT'S CONFIRMED!
woooooo!
Georgie

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the pictures were already posted above. Having them in a fan video doesn't make it any more "confirmed" than before.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Morgan

](*,) Looks like I should have read the other post first...
Air15

So are we actually sure it's for cbeebies land not for adventure land and Were abouts would be the entrance to the ride in cbeebies land anyway.
NemesisRider

This looks quite interesting and I guess blue would fit the octonauts theme (whether that is confirmed yet or not).
JustWill

Maybe if they go with with the Octonauts theme they could include water effects?
Alex

Maybe they could use the water effects that were meant for Air...... Better late than never!
Altonboy001

They have to release/confirm by February because then all the guests will know
Lee

Altonboy001 wrote:They have to release/confirm by February because then all the guests will know
That area will be blocked off most likely with restricted access towards X Sector etc. So only people who are already aware will know what's happening if it hasn't been erected. If the installation is complete, they'll probably just have some 'a million apologise, please excuse our news while we bring you another fantastical addition for March 2015' type posters.

I'd be surprised if they haven't announced it by then though, especially with the coaster supports arriving on resort.