CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ryan.B

The main characters apparently the one sat in the train, and he has a crew or something
TheBeast

Its a clever little secret that only the TTfrs will see ;)

The premise seems like there should be more than just a figure-8 circuit, i thought it had a proper storyline and stuff. Am I mistaken...?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Zach

TheBeast wrote:Its a clever little secret that only the TTfrs will see ;)

The premise seems like there should be more than just a figure-8 circuit, i thought it had a proper storyline and stuff. Am I mistaken...?
It will have a storyline, I mean I can tell that just from the fact it's named after an adventure so in the queue I'd expect them to tell you a story and why your going on this adventure :)
AT lover wrote:The main characters apparently the one sat in the train, and he has a crew or something
You are correct there :) captain barnacles and he will be around the park at half term to advertise the ride...photo op :)
Georgie

I expect the ORCA thing to be an Easter egg like how AIR stands for Arial Inverted Ride and RITA stands for Rollercoaster Intamin Towers Alton.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
TheBeast

Ah, I didn't know about the second, although ik the first. Do you think it was intentional or not?
Ryan.B

I suppose we will find out when it opens, I think it is because it could have just been called Octonauts Adventure
Owen

On TT FB - train on track and layout :D
https://www.facebook.com/towerstimes/po ... 9525483185
Looks like a different layout and train looks similar to the promo image released - it looks like a very nice family ride :D
Nathan_Fisher

It's really coming together. The ride looks great for the family market and fits in really well, the layout is quite small, much like other family coasters so i'm guessing it will go around the circuit twice.
Altonboy001

https://www.altontowers.com/things-to-d ... adventure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

officially on website
Danny

It's basically a glorified Pinfari apple coaster :lol

Well one things for sure, this will be throughout hell...
Sr88

Arhh! It looks too scary!

Honestly, it's really good that they have built this. Alton Towers has needed a rollercoaster for very young people for a while, so it really does fill a gap in their range. The layout looks quite pleasant and suitable too.
TheBeast

True. I would say im disappointed but tbh im not, as it is a kiddie ride after all. Sure hope that SW8 is epic though! :)
Aidan Lowe

Not watched the video as to be frank I'm not interested but for those who are you can see the track / train of the Octonaughts coaster in Shaun Sanbrooke's feb half term vlog.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Ladyofthelake

TowersTimes Facebook has just posted a video of the ride testing on park today: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aidan Lowe

Only problem with this is parents are going to have to queue a long wait I'd imagine for what is a very short ride. Sure it's a junior coaster and doesn't have a long track but it is pretty tiny.

It reaches the pinnacle of the lift at around 13 seconds and goes to the brake run at around 31. That's 18 seconds. I don't count going up lifts and in the brake run as "ride time" as let's face it, it isn't an exciting part of the ride so why count that in it's overall riding time.
Chaz

Would it not do a few circuits?
Aidan Lowe

Chaz wrote:Would it not do a few circuits?
Ah yea they usually do don't they like mine train. My mistake.
MakoMania

They've started to install blue fencing around the ride now. Landscaping to follow I'd guess. Just a thought-most of the CBeebies Land rides are quite interactive with on-ride audio etc, how are they going to do that with a coaster?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Zach

Interactive sections within the queue line and station, audio on ride and build a storyline around why the kids are going on the ride so they feel apart of the story :) I guess :)
Altontowersbarlow

Themepark247360 wrote:They've started to install blue fencing around the ride now. Landscaping to follow I'd guess. Just a thought-most of the CBeebies Land rides are quite interactive with on-ride audio etc, how are they going to do that with a coaster?
On-ride audio could still operate effectively on the Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure and as you have mentioned this adds a hint of interactivity to the experience. As a result of this, I presume The Alton Towers Resort will go with the option of on- board audio speakers for the ride as it is an easy way to add an extra dimension to the roller coaster experience. I still think that water effects (such as small fountains) could be utilized in a very interesting and professional way in regards to theming elements on this ride, however with construction coming to an end and no signs of major landscaping underway I find it unlikely we will be seeing any water effects added to the ride.