CBeebies Land

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Aidan Lowe

TowersStreet facebook has some images of the area looking a little worse for wear. The park needs major TLC.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Adz
Admin
Admin

It's getting some attention in February to rectify the situation. :)
Themeparksandy1981

When we went in May lots of the rides in Cbeebies looked in a sad state. In the night garden many of the things wasn't moving and needs a good clean and painting.
Dan

As reported on TowersTimes social media; Alton Towers have revealed the two new attractions that will be joining the CBeebies Land line up for 2019.

Opening on March 23rd, join Peter Rabbit and his friends, Benjamin and Lily, on the new ‘Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop’ ride. Also, from April 19th, join the Teletubbies who will be performing live shows twice a day in Big Fun Showtime.

TowersTimes will have full details later today.
ATR_Peter Rabbit Ride_RGB - small.jpg
Teletubbies CBeebies Land - Main image (Background).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GregH94

I swear they’re meant to be 7 seats across from the plans and not 6 like in this concept art? Saying that they’ve used Vekoma track on Nemesis for some of their artwork before.
AltonOperator

The dude on the far left is enjoying it way too much.
Last edited by Justin on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Punctuation added.
Thanks Jack
Ladyofthelake

I think these are two fantastic IPs for CBeebies Land, and very cleverly chosen too. Peter Rabbit will evoke fond memories from those who remember the original ice show which used to be performed in Storybook Land - many of whom will now have their own young families. It is also a well loved family of characters, with Beatrix Potter's original stories still enjoyed by children, plus of course you have the recent film adaptation too. Teletubbies have been around for a long time too, and again there will be those who saw the original which aired during the late 1990s who will now be starting their own young families who will in turn be enjoying the new version. 
Justin

They are good IPs which will be enjoyed by many. I know my nephew will love visiting again!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A selection of photos of Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop have been posted on TowersTimes Facebook:

ProfBurp

It looks like they’ve done a really good job! Theming looks fun, fresh and very fitting for the area too
DerpyQuark

If only they put this amount of theming on their other projects...
DeadJack5

As reported by TowersTimes News, CBeebies Land is set to celebrate its 5th birthday in style this weekend with a special ‘CBeebies Land Birthday Celebration’ at Alton Towers featuring live performances and a 3 metre tall cake!

What are your thoughts on the 5th birthday celebrations taking place over this coming Bank Holiday?

Morgan

It's a cute idea! Would love to see more events like this. Makes me wonder if we've seen this cake before, perhaps for a certain Splash birthday... :lol
hex_appeal

Hey guys!

This is my first post in a fair few years, so please be gentle! 

I recently visited Alton Towers for the first time in quite a long time (nearly ten years..don't judge!), and i I was really interested to see the CBeebies Land area as I have a two year old now who is literally obsessed with everything on that channel. As much as he seemed to enjoy spending time there, I couldn't help but notice that some of the attractions seemed quite dated? 

The Postman Pat ride was badly flaking paint, and there's a Tree Fu Tom playground?? My kid didn't even know who that was.. would it really be too much trouble to update some of the attractions there? The channel has some hugely popular characters that seem ripe for future attractions, for example, why don't they get rid of the Tree Fu Tom themeing and turn it into a Hey Duggee playhouse area? 

Surely the Postman Pat ride is worth a lick of paint every couple of seasons? I dunno, i just wondered what everyone else thought of the area..
Chris
Admin
Admin

I'm not the best one to comment on what AT should replace the rides with, but what I do know is that they made everything very bright (such as painting previously natural looking fences) when they transitioned the area from Storybook Land. This is fine if the park was fantastic at keeping things looking their best, but realistically we know things don't get painted as much as they should.

Hopefully the area has had a nice refresh over the winter / closed period.