Towers View Hotel?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Blizzard

Right well basically, I've had this idea resounding in my head for ages now.

We know quite well that the park desperately needs new accommodation, so I pondered the options available for this and though of the perfect scenario as if there were no boundaries;

What if you could wake up to a view of the towers? What if you were right by the entrance? what if this hotel could feel magical?

Disney has the solution, when you look at Disneyland Paris, the main hotel is located over the entrance plaza, and doubles up as a ticket booths & turnstiles. A Similar technique could be used on towers street, which in pretty much every way would enhance the over all visual appeal of the park with Victorian architecture along with spires etc, but not so big that it demeans the towers and causes planning issues.

The only issues with this are

a) the current entrance building would have to be demolished.
b) part of towers street would need redesigning.
c) planning consent would be difficult to come by.

So when you think of the ideal "magical" scenario, then try to work that into what you have making compromises along the way, I feel you get something truly unique and essence of escapism.

But just imagine going to bed knowing the theme park and towers are just a small distance away, and drawing the curtains in the morning to a beautiful view of the towers and lake, in a classically decorated Victorian style room. How exciting would that feel?

Just thought i'd through that out there as I really do feel that it is something, that in an ideal world, would be perfect for Alton Towers Resort.

:D

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.
altontowerskid

I think your idea is fantastic.

Although it would be difficult to plan to ensure the entrance plaza worked efficiently, it is a perfectly feasible idea and one that would be much better implemented once the (rumoured) second entrance is complete. Also, I've always thought adding another hotel next to the existing two would make that area seem over-crowded. 

Listen up Alton! :D
TomL

If it was ever built it would be amazing! Plus it could work as well if they moved the entrance by duel. In the winter the could open up towers street as an entertainment area which I think its mentioned in the 10 yr plan. Just add a few flat rides such as carousels and maybe add a bowling alley and hey presto! Bobs your uncle ;-)
tallicay2k

Awesome idea buddy...expensive, bloody expensive but it would be good.
"Disney has the solution"
Can't really compare or relate to Disney as Alton Towers has it own unique magical experience.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Lee

I'm not a fan.

Whilst it'd be nice to wake up to that view, it would be to the jeopardy of every other guest who enjoys walking through the turnstyles and seeing the fantastic Towers in the distance.

My other hesitation is that Alton Towers want to become a Resort, and currently they lack any evening activities. Separating the evening resort elements across a mile stretch of road is not going to create the Disney resort feeling they are slowing beginning to form.
Themeparksandy1981

I think it be cool if the monorail went inside the building.
nancarrow

I had the same thought about putting a hotel there with their own entrance.

They could also add a restaurant at the top of the tower street connected to the hotel.

The restaurant can be used by the hotel in the evening and the theme park by day.