Spinball Whizzer; all things spinball

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Hey all :wave:

Went on Spinball yesturday. Bit short but a great ride in my opinion.
Well done AT :clap:

People told me that it was bummpy as yeck but I thought it was nearly as smooth as AIR, wot do yo think
MarcB

Great ride :D
tbork

It is a great ride, but there is just one thing: The queue. It is the longest queue i have ever been in for a ride and even though it is a great ride it is not worth queueing nearly 2 hours for. in the rain.
the return of tbork! get ready for a big load of irish argument
Ron_Mc_Don

Their is a topic in in the poll section on this.

this is the link.
http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3526
Jamie P

in my opinion, spinball whizzer is cr@p, way to short, not enpugh thrills or G's
Professional Web Designer
Ketchup

Very fun, but I hate the queues and the fact it's always broken!
Gashead

the que was massive at the meet up yday...it was ques out off the start and around the corner on the way to x sector, shame we didnt get on it...its a very good ride though...really enjoyable.I think next year with rita comnig the que will be smaller...but i reckon it will have big ques still
blobalbob

It's a great 'insane' ride but personally I can't see this coaster lasting more than 2 years. It's tin-pot and designed for a traveling fair. The wobbly structure and the vibrating wheels are already showing wear and tear and as previous posts have shown parts of the structure have been discarded and/or replaced already. In the words of one ride manager on AIR, "ride it quick before it falls down!". BUT think SW is bad?- go ride Dragon's Fury at Chessington, it swings you from side to side as you climb the lift hill! THIS is one dangerous ride, 1 year tops before it's closed, unless they do some serious concreting over the winterbreak.
Parks Visited in 2006
None - I hate winter!

Best Park - Cedar Point for Rides, Hershey for brainwashing!, Best Coaster - Storm Runner, Best Rocket - Storm Runner. TTD or KK - Top Thrill Dragster (5 hour queue for Kingda Pa!), Best Inverted - Nemesis AT (By a long shot) Best Dark Ride - Valhalla, Best Themeing - Amity Cove, Worst Park - 6fGA (what a rip off!),
Adz
Admin
Admin

BUT think SW is bad?- go ride Dragon's Fury at Chessington, it swings you from side to side as you climb the lift hill!
What bollocks. Dragons fury does wobble yes but no more than Spinball Whizzer!
parts of the structure have been discarded and/or replaced already
You mean the parts that stop you spinning on the brake runs? i can only see that as an improvement.
It's tin-pot and designed for a traveling fair.
So fair rides are concreted in at every location they go to?
Ian

Why would Alton and Chessington install 2 new coasters if they had a life expectancy of 2 years? That would be a BIG waste of money. SW and DF will be here for a long time yet I'm sure.
Anonymous

[quote=""blobalbob""]It's a great 'insane' ride but personally I can't see this coaster lasting more than 2 years. It's tin-pot and designed for a traveling fair. The wobbly structure and the vibrating wheels are already showing wear and tear and as previous posts have shown parts of the structure have been discarded and/or replaced already. In the words of one ride manager on AIR, "ride it quick before it falls down!". BUT think SW is bad?- go ride Dragon's Fury at Chessington, it swings you from side to side as you climb the lift hill! THIS is one dangerous ride, 1 year tops before it's closed, unless they do some serious concreting over the winterbreak.[/quote]

Hello crazy person. :lol:

I don't need to really say much as Adam disregarded all your points, however about shakiness, you just shown how little you know. Supportrs are deisgned to shake, watch Nemesis particularly after the inline twist over the station. You may notice supports around it shake as the train travls through. This is because if the supports were completley still they would get damaged quicker.
Anonymous

Spinball is excellant even though in the 3 days that i was there i only got to go on it once....AT have got to sort the technical problems out with this ride as everytime i went near this ride it had a quece of more then 125minns as it kept breaking down... but hopefuly this will fidapear and we can enjoy this ride for its true fun
Brainiac

i would love to go on it. 3 times quqed up for it and non of the times ive got one iether broken down or mates couldnt be bother queueing!! :evil:

i really hopes its good when i go on it
Anonymous

I really wanted to go on spinball whizzer, but the first time I went to at this year it was closed for repair, then the second time I went I queued for about 2hrs, then it broke down, so we decided to ditch the spinball queue and head off to submission!
Ketchup

It's a great ride, but it desperately needs a fast pass probabally more than Nemesis (nemesis queues 45 mins tops)

And Welcome to the forum Adam D!
Williscroft

Its a great ride and will be there for a while i think. ( last 2 years) think again. Alton would not build a coaster to last that long and yes the sorports are ment to move and its not made for the fair as the fairs have them other old types and these are made more for the themeparks. Love it to bits, great move Alton :D :D :D :D :D
Anonymous

Dont know if anyone is aware of this but i did hear that Spinball was supposed to be a duelling/racing coaster. Can someone confirm or denigh this please.
Ketchup

It's something I could believe I mean isnt Dragon's Fury a mirror image of Spinball, correct me if i'm wrong.
Ron_Mc_Don

No dragon's fury is completly different. but it would of been fun if it was a dueling coaster.
Williscroft

Yer i herd about that too.I also herd that it still might be built but i do dout it. Would of been fun thow :D :D :D :D