Spinball Whizzer; all things spinball

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Anonymous

For me spinball whizzer is one of the most enjoyable and most fun rides on park - we always come off laughing!
Sazzle

The first time I rode SW, I was accompanied by my two best friends (as was) from college, we all came off in tears of laughter!

Has anyone ever noticed how car 7 never locks stationary on the lift hill? Well, it never used to, at any rate :?
Anonymous

The best bit for me is that crazy annoncement:

"Wahey! What a ride! When we get back to the station, make sure you exit on the right hand side and thank you for riding on the Spinball Whizzer! Wahoo!"

This announcement, thinking about is incorrect because if you're sitting on the side facing away from the station on the brake run, your right would be the loading side of the station! Luckily no-one pays attention the these announcements so no-one would have got off wrong! :wink:

BTW, if you wanna download it go to www.themeparkmoments.com

Falcon... :P
Williscroft

The thing is though people are saying its not worth Q-ing a long time for but i remeber when the Q was nearly full i got in it and the ride was running the best i had ever seen it. 45 mins later and i was on it. It didnt even feel that long because the ride is spinning over the top of you and the music and the pinball machines all make the time go quicker, And i was Q-ing by my self. It all depend on if its having a good or a bad day realy and all new coasters have bad days to start of with. :D :D :D :D :D
MarcB

Yes, the queue time signs for SW are *very* inaccurate/misleading...
Martin1

i loved spinball thougt it was good the vertical spin was amazin good feeeling the camera took a picture of me in a very very wierd pose !!
Williscroft

Thats the only thing i would fault with Spinball the cameras as half the time they get the sides of the cars and are crap photos but i did manage to get a good one in the end. :D
Jnewcombe

it sure packs a punch for a little coaster!

i wub it

ques are bad for it (2hours) ended up doing SR

how many cars are they on the track

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!
Williscroft

Well there are 8 cars all together but most of the time theres 1 or 2 in the little garage thingy. so theres normaly about 6-7 at a time. :D
Anonymous

[quote=""Falcon""]The best bit for me is that crazy annoncement:
"Wahey! What a ride! When we get back to the station, make sure you exit on the right hand side and thank you for riding on the Spinball Whizzer! Wahoo!"
[/quote]
Thats the best bit? Would you queue 2 hours jsut to hear that repeatedly?
Josh

[quote=""Fury""][quote=""Falcon""]The best bit for me is that crazy annoncement:
[/quote]
Thats the best bit? Would you queue 2 hours jsut to hear that repeatedly?[/quote]
I have to agree, it is the worst bit, aaaaagh so annoying, just want to shoot the speaker
Williscroft

I love that wahooo what a ride........ i think it realy adds a fun fealing to the ride. :D :D
Gashead

not when the frigging ride breaks down and you have that pissing your ear drumbs off
Williscroft

Well i must say that the last time i went i thought they never had the volume of it up enuff but then again thats just me. I love all these Q announcements that they play. :D :D :D
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

i hardly ever qued for it, pasy my first visit

##single rider rules###

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Anonymous

[quote=""dstone_uk""]i hardly ever qued for it, pasy my first visit

##single rider rules###
[/quote]
Question is, are you always a single rider, or are you "abusing" the system?
Williscroft

Question is, are you always a single rider, or are you "abusing" the system?
Yer thats what anoys me as i realy am a single rider and most the times when i go theres people there with their mates which should be Q-ing in the normal Q. I once went to get in the Q and a big gang of about 15 thugs got infront of me :( Its just not fair on the real single riders ( like me)
Northern_Rider

Good ride, just what AT needed a coaster for all the family. Good themeing too, not over the top but it clearly shows what the ride is all about.
Anonymous

Yes its about a pinball machine that experiences temporary delays at random, but brief times.

[quote=""williscroft""]I love that wahooo what a ride........ i think it realy adds a fun fealing to the ride. :D :D[/quote]

The best anouncement is on AIR

"We're sorry to inform you that there is a technical problem with air and has seesed operation. We cannot telll you the time of the delay, and hope to get the ride back in operation soon. I repeat, air has seesed operation. Thank you"

Yeh its annoying that the damb rides broken down, again, but its just soooo cool :lol: