Spinball Whizzer; all things spinball

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Phil

The best ride announcement is on congo river rapids. It never gets old!

Havern't heard that one. Last time I went on that I was about 7.

Anyway back on subject........ They soo totally tell you the que time incorrectly to get you to bugger off and to try and keep the que times down. The guy standin' near the front of the que sed it was 2 bloody hours, turned out to be 1 and 1/4 (and it went mighty fast).

That lift hilll is sooo cool, it goes reallly fast. Are all spinners like that :?:

Oh, and if your car is full of heavy peeps, does it spin faster :?: I'll have to experiment next season when I go on an inset day @ school a.k.a on a weekday where no 1 is there (or everyone will be queing for rita)
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rekki

yes, the weight in the car, and the distribution of the weight effects how the cars spins a great deal, just get to big people to sit next to each other, and two smaller people to sit next to each other, as long as people of similar weights arent opposite (i.e top left, bottom right looking from above) your sorted

Cheers jamie :!:
Are you a ride op at Alton :?:
Rekki

yeah
Anonymous

Yeah, jamie is a very good ride op at alton... especailly on the 30th october at about 6.45pm on the flume when a group of dissalusional girls were trying to comeone to someone from a forum for being camp.... wonder whom that could of been :wink:
Sazzle

Ha, and the only straight one of the group!! Classic, eh AJ :P

Anyway, Spinball Whizzer - has me cracked up as soon as we get off the lift hill!

And someone mentioned the staff giving out false queue times, that happened to me with the exact same times! 2 hours he stated, when it was only an hour and a bit.
Rekki

the spinball queue times are legindaryly bad, unlike most rides, it was never paced out b4 the season, they usually work out the average throughput, and then pace out the queue line, working on about 2 foot per person, but i dont think it was ever done. so they just guess.

Nah it's only got big queues because its new, therefore peeps want to go on it more than anything else
Philman

Nah it's only got big queues because its new, therefore peeps want to go on it more than anything else
Aswell as the fact it has lousy throughput :)

SW is great! I was laughing all the way round :D

With the queue times being wrong.... when I went, I was told that the queue time was 90mins and it was EXACTLY 90mins :|
What a fad.

What :?: Alton Towers got a queue time correct...

:? Does Not Compute :?

:lol:
Williscroft

Well if spinball is having a good day the Q gose realy realy quick. I remeber entering the Q by my self when it was nearly full ( no one tolled me about the single rider untill half way through the seasson :( ) and it only took 45 mins. Next year the Q-ing should be a lot better as they always have problems in the first year. Ow and you know how at the end of the day its the Q that closes and not the ride. Well when i was in it it was only about 1hour long and the person at the entrence was saying ist a nearly 3hour long Q so unless you want to be here till about 8-9 i would leave it. I dont blaim them as they just wont ot get home but its a bit shady on the peeps that travel a long long way.
dafyd

I really enjoyed SW - it's good fun with friends...

But how good does this look - http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery ... Picture=28? The riders face each other, as opposed to the way they sit on SW... and it's all inside a shopping mall!
Jay12

Is that the metro centre in Glasgow ?
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
dafyd

The Metrocentre's in Newcastle... but no, this is the Mall of America in, surprisingly, the USA
Williscroft

Wow that coaster looks well ace.I wana have a go. I dont know which one would be better,Facing outwards or inwards. I think the spinball cars look better though. :D
smidgey

I love Spinball, shame about the queues but hopefully a lot of people will be at the back of the park next year!

Hate to be picky but any chance that the mods could change the topic title to "Spinball Whizzer: It's Flippin Crazy"

Alot of the topics on here about individual rides have the rides slogan after it :D
Anonymous

Didnt make it on SW last year, I went three times too! Twice it was closed for the safety problems and the third time I took 4 newbies to Alton Towers who had only heard criticisms about the ques and no ride had more than 20mins except pinball which was 90, and they weren't up for that.

That was in the summer holidays too, cant believe how dead it actually was. You, went on a weekend too and it was quiet then.

Anyway I'll get a ride next year i'm sure. Got my driving test soon and my car is waiting for me so I'll get an anual pass!