Project 42 (Nemesis Sub-Terra)

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
KoasterKing 205

Dan wrote:Shortly before the ride closed, it was temporarily closed for a “design update”, which was confirmed by Alton Towers themselves via their Facebook page. When it reopened, it had new thigh restraints and a lower locking lap bar, and because of the new thigh restraints large numbers of guests could no longer ride it.

It’s well documented across various other enthusiast forums that N:ST had restraint issues in the weeks leading up to its closure.

Just a quick Google search for Nemesis Sub Terra restraint brings up three topics on enthusiast sites which discussed the issue around the time the ride closed, including this very topic, where discussion around the restraints began on page 5. :)
I honestly couldn't find that when I searched. But even still after all these years they still haven't resolved despite similar rides like it not having any issues...
Justin wrote:What Dan says is accurate. I was there too, on the same ride. I believe it closed straight after and never reopened :)
Well I know that now but when Dan & others mentioned it & I searched & couldn't find anything, I found it hard to believe. But I know now. :)

Although if that is the case, why has it taken them this long to sort it out when similar rides have had little to no issues with their ABC Drop Towers? It seems odd. 
Last edited by Dan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Robert.W

They don't have the budget from Merlin to sort it out though, so that's why it's sat abandoned all this time. Whatever they are doing with it right now, I highly doubt it'll ever reopen as a permanent attraction. It seems likely that they have something planned for it for Scarefest, and that's it.

KoasterKing 205

Robert.W wrote:They don't have the budget from Merlin to sort it out though, so that's why it's sat abandoned all this time. Whatever they are doing with it right now, I highly doubt it'll ever reopen as a permanent attraction. It seems likely that they have something planned for it for Scarefest, and that's it.
Sure they don't. If it doesn't open as a permanent attraction then that's a waste of £4 million & a good attraction that has a connection to Nemesis. But I don't think it'll shut down permanently.
DeadJack5

Another new update from TowersStreet

Last edited by Dan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Ooooo, looks very Scarefest-y :-k
Krazycoaster

Calling it now, it'll be a Scarefest maze centred around entering an abandoned Phalanx base. At least they're doing something productive with the building whatever it turns out to be. 
DeadJack5

I admit. I did some meddling... Nothing really confirmed but I think something will be revealed soon...

Sawboss

That's some sneaky digging. 'I'll leave you be for now'... Immediately ask another question!
KoasterKing 205

Damn! But seriously, will these they please just tell us if the ride is opening already? A straight yes or no answer wouldn't go a miss. Why the hinting & answer dodging caginess? Damn. Hush hush. cagey. secretive! JUST TELL US! Lol XD

Those updates however seem promising although a scarefest maze or event seems unlikely considering its July....! Besides what they going to do with a small building like that anyway? I also find that if it is going to be a scarefest maze or event, then it'll be wasted for 3/4 of the year considering scarefest is in October for only 3 weeks roughly.
Swarm Chris

They started a lot of the other scarefest construction in June. :)

But having said that, I'm n0t sure I trust any of the Merl1n Twitter accounts for hinting at possible attractions anymore... :lol
Nutty Man

Swarm Chris wrote:They started a lot of the other scarefest construction in June. :)

But having said that, I'm n0t sure I trust any of the Merl1n Twitter accounts for hinting at possible attractions anymore... :lol
;) :P
I'm hoping for a refurbishment of the ride or a new ride, maybe something like this:
The story goes that a Phlanx base once stood here, where they discovered some eggs laid by the nemesis creature. They immediately fled the base, and for years it has stood, being feared by everyone working in the Phlanx. The monster roams inside, and you need to go in and kill it to stop it from creating any more havoc.
This would work well as a scaremaze I think, and it would give a good reason for it being closed down for years. It would also tie in with the story.
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
KoasterKing 205

Never say never. I still want them to bring back the ride in it's original form. Even if the idea for a scarefest attraction was to work. It would stand there doing nothing for 3/4 of the year until October time. Pretty bad way of putting it to use considering it would be much better as an all year attraction.
ROYJESS

Nothing to do with Sub Strain event for schools at Halloween scarefest?

https://www.altontowers.com/schools/edu ... ub-strain/
Swarm Chris

ROYJESS wrote:Nothing to do with Sub Strain event for schools at Halloween scarefest?

Well that looks possible.

Although it looks like they've run Sub Strain for a few years, do we know where it was previously located?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Swarm Chris wrote:
ROYJESS wrote:Nothing to do with Sub Strain event for schools at Halloween scarefest?

Well that looks possible.

Although it looks like they've run Sub Strain for a few years, do we know where it was previously located?
Yeah, it’s run for at least a couple of years. Not completely certain, but I would guess that it was located in the Education Centre.
Nutty Man

My guess is they won't put that in there. If they've had it for a few years they are not going to move it into some other place; it is fine as it is.
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Justin

Sub Strain is located in additional rooms off from Sub Species. I believe these were the ones used for Lockdown.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Justin wrote:Sub Strain is located in additional rooms off from Sub Species. I believe these were the ones used for Lockdown.
Just to follow up on this; these photos from last year don't look as though they were taken in those rooms:

Also, although I'm unsure what sort of times Sub Strain could be booked for, if there are slots when Sub Species is operational then there would presumably not be access to those rooms (if indeed those rooms haven't now been integrated into the main maze).

But back to Sub-Terra; some more photos were posted on TowersTimes Facebook last night, including this one which features a white mannequin...

Justin

Interesting, I always believed it was in Lockdown, but that certainly isn't the Towers.

The mannequin is interesting. It looks like Alton are playing games with people :)
KoasterKing 205

Whatever it is, it's interesting! I mean, it's better than nothing I guess...