Project 42 (Nemesis Sub-Terra)

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Liam.W

I took some photos yesterday through the curtain

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

KoasterKing 205

Interesting Images! Wondering whats going to become of this ride...
Coaster Control

Went for a few days over the last week however I did notice on Sunday that there seemed to be a sort of hissing noise coming from the old exit corridor. Wonder what that was?
Robert.W

Testing sound effects, generic construction noises... who knows!

Interesting pictures Liam.W, thanks for sharing them!

KoasterKing 205

I remember hearing hissing noises when the ride was open, hoping it is the ride testing.
DeadJack5

I have heard hissing noises form the same corridor last season around April time. I'm not sure what it was as I couldn't hear it since.
vanjiematteo

If the ride was somehow used in the maze, surely there would be a height restriction advertised when purchasing maze tickets?
Robert.W

I don't think they'd need one. Drop tower type rides are that simple, that even young children could ride. This being a scare maze, and with their being an age restriction of 15 yrs and over, literally everyone will be of a height where they could easily ride.

Dan

Robert.W wrote:I don't think they'd need one. Drop tower type rides are that simple, that even young children could ride. This being a scare maze, and with their being an age restriction of 15 yrs and over, literally everyone will be of a height where they could easily ride.
No, they would definitely need to advertise it.

Having done the Blackpool Tower Dungeon this morning, it is quite clearly mentioned at the beginning of the attraction that anyone wishing to experience Drop Dead must be a minimum of 1.4m tall, and this is also checked again before the ride section of the attraction begins.

If the drop-tower section of Nemesis: Sub-Terra is to be used in Project 42, a height restriction will need to be advertised and enforced.
KoasterKing 205

So now that Scarefest is over & the season has ended, what will become of N:ST?
Wagstaff04

I think that Project 42 confirms that Nemesis Sub-Terra isn’t coming back. They’ll most likely keep the maze in there, much like House of Monsters.
KoasterKing 205

Could be, but it hasn't exactly been confirmed. 
Dan

I’m not sure what will happen with Sub-Terra.

Knowing Alton like we do, I think it’s entirely possible that they will “do a House of Monsters” and just keep Project 42 set up throughout next season, as this will save on the cost of re-building it for next years Scarefest.

That being said, Alton are in desperate need of some filler rides to absorb some guests away from the coasters, and they have one just sat there. It’s pretty clear from going through Project 42 that the ride system is still in place, and since the park has just seen its strongest year since the Smiler incident, I wouldn’t be surprised if some supporting attractions make a return next season.
DeadJack5

Personally I would like to see Sub Terra return. As Dan said, the park is seriously lacking in flat rides and attractions to fill in the gap between coasters. If Sub Terra was to return next season with the addition of The Dungeons, I would say it could be seen as a strong season after Wicker Man's opening year. Follow this up with some extended operating hours during off peak days, Towers would certainly improve and build upon the season just passed.
KoasterKing 205

Well if the ride itself is still there, then it's pretty clear they're still deciding on it re-opening. This year, in terms of queues was horrendous for the coasters. But this year has been pretty solid, and with Alton seriously lacking flat rides, Nemesis: Sub-Terra re-opening is a sure fire. Alton Towers even said that they were monitoring the park attendance & the success for 2018 & given the year has been successful... who knows... I'm hoping for it anyway to re-open.