TowersTimes Forum is changing

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Hello TowersTimes Members.

We are pleased to announce that very shortly TowersTimes Forum will be undergoing a massive transformation as we move to a new forum software. With this new software comes an exciting new look and many enhanced features. These include a brand new shoutbox, extensively improved and overhauled 'thanks/reputation' system and many other enhancements in regards to speed and usability.

It's also totally responsive and adapts to whatever browser you're using at the time thus removing the need for plugins such as Tapatalk. Whichever device or browser you use TowersTimes Forum will be presented in the best and most usable way.

As for all your current posts, messages and content, they're coming over too! We're moving everything on this forum over to the new one!

We had planned to launch our new forum alongside the upcoming TowersTimes V3, but as that project is taking a little longer than we anticipated we've decided to bring the launch of our new forum forward.

Work is currently going on behind the scenes to bring you this exciting change as quickly as possible. As a result of this access to TowersTimes Forum may temporarily be suspended whilst we carry out essential maintenance. We would appreciate your patience during this time, we promise it'll be worth it!

We'll bring you more information closer to the launch!

The TowersTimes Team
Last edited by Adz on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Does this mean then that the thanks wont get carried over as I assume it will be a new thanking feature
Adz
Admin
Admin

Ready_23.

We're still working out the finer points of that. Yes ultimately we'll lose the existing thanks when transferring but I have a few plans in place to restore them like-for-like once the move is complete. I cannot promise anything in regards to that though as it's relatively low down the list of priorities.
Fiyero

I like using Tapatalk though :-[
Adz
Admin
Admin

Regarding Tapatalk:

On TowersTimes we don't like relying on 3rd parties to provide any of our services especially one as critical as viewing the forum on a mobile browser. We'll probably reinstall it on the new forum but you honestly wont need it due to the way the new design adapts to fit your device whilst retaining full forum functions such as our Shoutbox.

I hope that explains that a bit better.
Tom.B

Fiyero wrote: I like using Tapatalk though :-[
I suppose if you've paid for it and are just on this forum, then you'd wanna stick with it.  :|
Owen

Will PM be upgraded?
Lee

Thrillmad wrote: Will PM be upgraded?
In what way? I can tell you the PM system is different ;)
Owen

Lee James wrote:
Thrillmad wrote: Will PM be upgraded?
In what way? I can tell you the PM system is different ;)
Just, cleaner, smother, more responsive ect.
Lee

I wouldn't say there was any real issue with the current PM system, especially in its resposviness and smoothness. And I use it an awful lot :lol:
Danny

In the current testing phase, the PM system is as quick and responsive as the rest of the forum. It obviously looks a lot nicer and feels more fresh and modern also.
Owen

Danny wrote: In the current testing phase, the PM system is as quick and responsive as the rest of the forum. It obviously looks a lot nicer and feels more fresh and modern also.
Yeah that's what I meant, haha sounds good
lucy2244

Will we be seeing a comeback of the sounds for the sb? Because as annoying as they sometimes got, I found it a good feature to have as you didn't have to be constantly staring at it for a reply :P
Danny

lucy2244 wrote: Will we be seeing a comeback of the sounds for the sb? Because as annoying as they sometimes got, I found it a good feature to have as you didn't have to be constantly staring at it for a reply :P
Yes the sound will return [it makes a rather lovely noise in my opinion :P]. It can also be turned off for anyone who doesn't want it bugging them.
Owen

Will there be a section for 'other interests' where people can talk about music, TV, ect, like a mini forum. Not the same as CS
Last edited by Owen on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee

Thrillmad wrote: Will there be a section for 'other interests' where people can talk about music, TV, ect, like a mini forum. Not the same as CS
Coffee shack already does that job spendidly in my opinion.
Owen

Lee James wrote:
Thrillmad wrote: Will there be a section for 'other interests' where people can talk about music, TV, ect, like a mini forum. Not the same as CS
No I mean a section for music, movies ect, to get all that out of the CS
JaykeAT

Now I'm not a mod so I may be wrong but isn't that the entire idea of the CS
Owen

JaykeAT wrote: Now I'm not a mod so I may be wrong but isn't that the entire idea of the CS
Aww well, just an idea
Kirsty25

Thrillmad wrote:
Lee James wrote:
No I mean a section for music, movies ect, to get all that out of the CS
I know what you mean, maybe even a sub-forum for Media (music, film, tv, none RCT gaming) as TCS is a bit of a mish mash of topics...