Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ibizarocks16

Do we know if Thrope are any closer to getting a new hotel at all? The Shark concept has worked great but I feel a bigger hotel with entertainment would really improve the park as a whole.
Justin

Apart from the ground being broken, unfortunately we are no further.
The Nemesis Fox

As it is the year of the Walking Dead, could we see X removed after the season to welcome a new coaster replacing both it and Slammer (RMC)? This would make sense as the Walking Dead could be used to bring in revenue and guest numbers whilst being removed before the IP dies out, people get uninterested and before the Ride has serious technical issues. It’s just as X is failing and an RMC where X and Slammer currently reside would be absolutely magnificent.
Luce

Personally, I can't imagine Thorpe removing X especially after spending money to give it a Walking Dead theme.  Although it would be good to see a new ride in the place of Slammer.
Justin

I think X has many years left as WD, as Lucy explained above.

Personally, I'd like to see Old Town redeveloped as it is, well, old! :lol
Dom

Old Town has kind of had development. I mean Lumber Jump and Timber Tug are the most epic rides ever :lol
Justin

How could I forget those :lol
Nickolai

The area still looks very run down however.
Formally Smiler313
Justin

Yeah, it really does, especially with Loggers Leap being closed. If that was to return then it may bring the area back to life, however, if Thorpe Park decided it was no longer possible then I believe this would be a good area for their next coaster. The current rides within that area can easily be relocated elsewhere.
dazza4783

Dom wrote:Old Town has kind of had development. I mean Lumber Jump and Timber Tug are the most epic rides ever :lol
Maybe they will continue to develop that area and keep the "Lumber" "Timber" theme going with a woodie replacing Logger's Leap.
Justin

I think a woodie in this area would be really nice. It would blend into the surroundings really well.
Bert

You mean something just like this?

Credit COASTERGUY246
[Insert Signature Here]
Chris
Admin
Admin

Fits right in!
Zach

Barely notice it
Justin

If using Loggers Leap site, then yes :P
PhNx Survivor

That picture is such a tease.. why you do this :lol

Would be a fantastic view to see if it were true!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
stealthyjim

The Nemesis Fox wrote:As it is the year of the Walking Dead, could we see X removed after the season to welcome a new coaster replacing both it and Slammer (RMC)? This would make sense as the Walking Dead could be used to bring in revenue and guest numbers whilst being removed before the IP dies out, people get uninterested and before the Ride has serious technical issues. It’s just as X is failing and an RMC where X and Slammer currently reside would be absolutely magnificent.
I like your thinking. It’s definitely a feasable alternative location to the Loggers site for their next big coaster
theparklifekid

Apparently there is a strong rumor going around that Thorpe's next coaster will be a B&M Mini Dive, which I kinda hope not! Hyper or RMC!!!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
streetmagix

As much as I think a Dive Coaster would work pretty well at Thorpe is does present issues with branding. They already have one coaster with a steep/vertical lift hill and a (beyond) vertical drop in SAW. There's a good reason why parks don't build rides which are too similar (unless you're Grunalund and their 3 different drop towers or Holiday World with all those woodies). 
Justin

I can't see it personally. Especially when Merlin currently own Thorpe Park and Alton Towers. Saw does the job and a different experience is needed.

Thorpe Park needs a solid coaster. You've got to consider that there will be 8 year gap, at least, between this and The Swarm, and a hyper or a woodie would certainly fill this gap.

I do believe it will be located towards the back of the park, around Sticky Sisters, past the SBNO Slammer towards the also redundant Loggers Leap. Old Town is in desperate need of an overhaul too!