What will The Smiler be like in 20 years?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
blacksnake

I'll let you know what it's like..... If I ever get to the front of the queue:D :D

Edit: please do not swear in your reply posts.
Last edited by blacksnake on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What Goes Up, Must Go...........AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Stellafella

Like I said in another thread the black foam that is located left and right of ya head has already been ripped off on a few cards. My mate said it looked like people had been chewing it ha. I hope in the closed season they get gerst back in and there will be loads of changes. Air seats still look pretty mint which has been open years and smiler seats already looking cack. I think all the projection inside will need keeping on top of. It sure is gonna take a lot of maintenance to keep this as it should be.
If gave a smoother ride no matter what car your in then it will be popular for years to come, however last week i rpefered the 5 rides I took on Nemesis to the 2 on Smiler
Jamie

If The Smiler must have shoulder restraints, it would be nice if Gerstlauer could develop some like B&M wingriders (for example The Swarm) have.  They are like a vest, so you can't bang your head on the sides.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Themeparksandy1981

I think the coaster will still be there bur can see it getting a retheme. I doubt Oblivion will be there after 30 years so can see a new area replacing X sector.
Jamie

Given how rough it's gotten since the start of this year (based on reviews, I am still yet to ride it), it'll probably be the equivalent of a very long Pinfari looper...
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
ponder

Jammydodger wrote: It will most certainly have had its crown taken away by a longer, and better paced coaster.
Which crown would that be? Or are we assuming that Nemesis would've closed by this point and nothing better had been built...

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
Burniel

20 years, 5 secret weapons, who knows what will happen?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Alex.D

The smiler will be part of many new and exciting rollercoasters as it would have been condemned by the HSE for giving people injuries. Then we will use the steel to fix nemesis' track whenever it needs replacing.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
lucy2244

It'll just be regarded as a slightly more intense sonic spinball  :lol:
PhoenixStudios

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I think the coaster will still be there bur can see it getting a retheme. I doubt Oblivion will be there after 30 years so can see a new area replacing X sector.
They would need a very good reason to replace Oblivion if they were going to. I doubt Merlin would be happy about delving underground to remove the track.....
*Credit to Lewis97 for the awesome Signature!
MizzHanza

I hope to god The Smiler would still be there but considering poor nemesis will be 40 then :shock: I doubt it will still be there (try not to cry too much). But then that means there will be heaps of better rides (happy times). I do worry that The Smiler will be worn out by this time and the effects wont work, which is a shame because it is amazing now.
I went to OBLIVION and back, faced my own NEMESIS and it's origin. I flew through the AIR, I played with SONIC but was cursed with a HEX from the number THIRTEEN. I was the QUEEN OF SPEED but most of all I was a SMILER
GreatCatsby

Smiler's crown will be stripped and thrown to a much better ride. It will become something that only hardcore fans who want a bit of the past will go on. Also, Innoculator won't work and Tickler will flick loads of dust in your face. And the screens will be in need of repair.

Oh, and the tracks will have a bit of paint fall off and the queue shop will have closed.
GreatCatsby: Needs help implementing Sig-Pic into signature
Tom

Rough
Burniel

Tom-TT wrote: Rough
Vladimir Bobinski wrote: Rough.
we all seem to be getting the gist ...
Crafty

By rough I think they mean "more rough"  8)

I worry about the ride - I think it's fantastic, but looking at the ride itself you can see deep scratches into the track - that really can't be good.
Katherine

Saw was like The Smiler when it first opened, it wasn't rough and jolty, so chances are as It's a similar ride it could go down the same route. Also another question is are Alton Towers going to invest in keeping the marmaliser how it started out to be? Or are all of the on ride effects/marmaliser legs slowly going to become less cared about over time?
rhino18

A death trap. It is a Gerstlauer after all.  ;)
Joshysqaushy

The Smiler In 20 Years...
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
Burniel

Nice one :lol:
bluesonichd

if its even rougher then in 20 years Ill be an OAP and in fear of loosing my false teeth and incontinence pants  :oops: