Which water ride will be removed first?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Which will be removed first?

Poll runs till Thu Aug 02, 2057 11:38 am

Riverbank eyespy
16%
The flume
68%
Congo river rapids
1%
Charlie and the choclate factory
11%
Sharkbait reef
1%
battle galleons
3%

Total votes: 100
Themeparksandy1981

I know it's not on the list but I can see Ripsaw going next. The flume will stay to it becomes to much to maintain.
Liam-AltonTowers

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I know it's not on the list but I can see Ripsaw going next. The flume will stay to it becomes to much to maintain.
Yeah but they need Ripsaw, there lacking on flat rides and removing one of there only ones wouldn't be such a good move. Ripsaw is one of the best flats there anyway, if anything it's probably The Blade to go next.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Themeparksandy1981

Was thinking that they are trying to keep the flume going to it costs to much to maintain as if they do build a water ride the same size of the flume they will have to build a big water filter system to keep the clean and clear.
Looks like Riverboat I spy will be rethemed next season so that's got a good future ahead of it self
TheOutpatient

River Bank Eyespy is getting some more theming - probably to make it fit with the area

I know it seems like a good idea to remove kiddy rides but I almost superstitiously believe it isn't.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
abigsmurf

Ultimately,  theme parks need a log flume. They're a mainstay as the 'scary' ride for those who can't handle coasts and that hardcore coaster types can also enjoy as a family.

Lack of a log flume could be enough for a family to decide on another theme park instead as some members could feel there isn't enough on offer for them. If it gets replaced it'll have to be replaced by something of a similar level. Maybe a watercoaster or water darkride but nothing too extreme.
jmed

The log Flume is beyond being financially viable to keep repairing. It needs replacing, but it has to be replaced with another family water ride. Its a vital part of the park, and although coaster enthusiasts will just want more extreme rides, the park needs variety.

Also, the site is more than big enough for two rides, the woods will still be perfect for a water ride. If the tree removal is as limited as claimed, then not many rides could weave through trees without removing many like a log flume could, then the lake and current flume queue area is free for another ride.

I think they should be tied into mutiny bay and be pirate themed, or at least one of the rides should. one could be accessed from gloomy wood, giving that area a much needed second ride.

I like the idea of the water coaster that has been suggested but still think it shouldn't completely replace an all round family ride like the flume. Imagine a intense well themed water ride, like an outdoor Valhalla (maybe with some indoor sections), with a water coaster weaving around it through the woods. interacting with each other, maybe even some cross ride elements like water sprays controlled by the flume riders (obviously not a jet as that may hurt whilst moving fast on a coaster, but a mist or rain sprayer). or elements where the water coaster goes through its water sections, causing a splash which could spray a passing flume boat. etc, the possibilities are endless.

i know some will always say, ''the UK weather is rubbish, people don't want to be wet when its freezing, blah blah''. But when has a bit of cold or wet ever stopped us brits? how often is there no queue for the flume, or valhalla at BPB, or stormforce at DM, etc etc. they are obviously popular and always will be.

Any ideas for themes, interactive elements etc. ?

A great indoor section would be amazing, imagine something like the runaway train tunnel, where flume riders use their water cannons to hit a target, hit it well and the water gushes from the roof above the coaster track, miss and its above the flume. also could include the hot and cold elements used in valhalla to fit a pirate battle. the flume being the pirate boat and the coaster being the flying cannonballs passing by, with cannon smoke, explosions and water splashes.

sorry this is a bit of a ramble, just writing ideas as they come into my head.
JoyfulSin

Each time I've visited the Towers and ventured over to Old Macdonalds Farmyard, Riverbank Eye Spy has been completely empty. Personally, I haven't been on it for a good few years as I just simply forget about it. It's tucked away in the corner, with very little advertisement telling people it's there- it was only a few visits ago I actually spotted it. However, with the planned re theming of the area, I'd be surprised to see it go altogether. It would be great if they invested some serious money into the ride, but unfortunately, a part from a lick of paint here and there, I don't see this happening.

What annoys me however, is the dirty water on ALL of the water rides. Shove a bit of chlorine in there and they'd be as good as new! :D
AltonTowersLiam

Voted the flume on a similar thread and done the same again here. However, Towers still needs a flume of some sort and I therefore hope that if it was to go, it would be replaced with an updated version themed to Mutiny Bay.

Rapids - fits very well into Katanga Canyon and is a brilliantly themed water ride, fine as it is
CATCF - not leaving or being rethemed until the IP runs out
Sealife - offers something different and due to Merlin owning the Sea Life centres, there is going to be more appearing in Merlin parks not any being removed
Battle Galleons - although not that busy when I normally go, Mutiny Bay doesn't need rides removing
Riverbank eye spy - now confirmed as having extra theming elements added and probably a rebrand which means that it's not going anyway anytime soon

Credit to lewis97 for the signature and Danny for the avatar
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

Flume. Sadly. Would love a re-theme but  basically would end up with pirates. Unoriginal and already used in Legoland and all over the world. It'll probs be replaced by either a 'Journey to Atlantis' style pirate flume or a huge fan-please water coaster.

R.I.P. Quacking ducks :(
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
Katherine

The Flume, because not only is it on its last legs, but It's got quite a large area for Alton Towers to invest into something new to go there.
awsomelycoolboy

Personally I think it's gonna end up none of the rides on the poll, but Infact ripsaw! It would be really really sad to see it go, I loved the ride but.. I went to alton towers last week and I saw it had broken down with people on it! Luckily it was on its gyro so they weren't stuck upside down but still, I can see in the future all rides like ripsaw going, sad to say. But true  :cry: :cry:
[move]The Smiler is a correctional device, not a toy to be used for your own pleasure and entertainment[/move]
awsomelycoolboy

Kathy wrote: The Flume, because not only is it on its last legs, but It's got quite a large area for Alton Towers to invest into something new to go there.

I agree but, don't forget princess Diana has rode the flume! But I still don't think that's gonna stop it from going
[move]The Smiler is a correctional device, not a toy to be used for your own pleasure and entertainment[/move]
Luce

I believe Diana actually went on Loggers Leap @ Thorpe Park :D

Regarding water ride removal, I agree with Kathy and reckon The Flume will go at some point, hopefully to replace it with something fantastical :)
Burniel

awsomelycoolboy wrote: Personally I think it's gonna end up none of the rides on the poll, but Infact ripsaw! It would be really really sad to see it go, I loved the ride but.. I went to alton towers last week and I saw it had broken down with people on it! Luckily it was on its gyro so they weren't stuck upside down but still, I can see in the future all rides like ripsaw going, sad to say. But true  :cry: :cry:
Rameses revenge a great example of this problem.

It would be sad to se ripsaw go, but the upside is, if it does go, a smallish flat can be built in its place, and a good new flat is what AT need.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
lf2001

Definitely The Flume! I love the ride but it's been there since 1981, then it had a re-theme in 2004. I think it should be replaced by another log flume, with a pirate theme to fit into Mutiny Bay. Also a new layout, so its not the same again!