Creative Ideas For new AT Attractions

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
TheBeornen

Yeah Cloud Cukoo Land needs some work done, it's the most lackluster part of the park, which is a shame as 10 years ago it was great.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
vikkimoo

Muppet738 wrote:I'm with vikkimoo let start a campaign to bring back toyland tours
Only cos I'm that old I remember going on it as a small child  :lol 
fillc85

I would love to see toyland tours themed to the dark forest maybe an extention. Use hexs story line of the chained oak (maybe also flat ride themed to the chained oak, would be a usp). That might make the area more cohesive. Make it like the mummy with lauch, get rid of rita, and have outdoor section of ride. Dark forest could be best area it has the potential..
TheBeornen

As long as they remaster the old advert and play it non-stop in the queue line I'll be happy.

Be Chosen...
The Nemesis Fox

I don’t think you could get away with that now - advertising to children they should follow strangers based on bribes?
A lot of remastering would be required
TheBeornen

I'm kidding haha. It's a really weird advert.

Be Chosen...
matt_1985x

I came up with a new rain window. Sorry if it seems kind of obvious, I honestly don't know why this hasn't been used before.
Here it is:

The first picture explains everything, I would love for someone to use this in their ride.
Justin

The Alpen Hotel Fun House at Winter Wonderland uses a similar effect, basic as it is. It would be good to see it used though as it is very simple!
matt_1985x

Thanks for letting me know Justin. I will look into that.
Guitar

I'm not sure if this was the orginal intention, but it was too costly, but I have an idea regarding The Smiler to fully enclose it.

It already has a large solid concrete base on which to build a structure and a compact layout that enclosing it wouldn't be a major issue.

It would show off the effects of the marmalizer much better, I rode smiler in bright sunlight which was nice, but it doesn't really draw your attention to the theming effects round the ride. It would also eliminate issues of running in high winds, not to mention it is the ride that, in terms of location, replaced black hole.
Wagstaff04

To be honest, when I first saw The Smiler, I thought the exact same thing! The compact layout would provide for some great near misses that you couldn’t see coming, and they could have some more effects like on the Rock n’ Rollercoaster at Disney Paris. Only problem is that the GP would say it would be harder to get to if another “accident” occurred. :roll:
Robert.W

The only issue I would have if The Smiler was enclosed would be what would it look like from the outside? Surely this would cause a bit on an eyesore? Having said that, I'd imagine the things that could be done on the inside could create a truly phenomenal experience, perhaps at a Disney level, if done well...

Dom

It would be a bigger version of the Black Hole tent :lol 
Mikw

Interesting idea. A lot of people like watching the Smiler though, and it's an impressive looking thing, be a shame if you couldn't see it anymore
Robert.W

Yep, that would be one of my main worries about covering the entire ride up.

Guitar

You could add windows around the ride allowing you to look in from various points in the queue at each of the effects of the marmalizer, and anything else they add.
Doublethink

My feeling in enclosing The Smiler is that it would be a lot of cost for not much benefit. Something like Air is in far more need of investment/retheming.

I'm hoping for something in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory building. A indoor water ride would be quite nice with the lack of log flumes in the park - I would love something Valhalla-esque.
Guitar

I agree with you entirely, it probably would be a lot of cost for not a lot of benefit, I personally think that a dark coaster is something that the park should have, Smiler just happens to have the right track layout to do it with a fairly standaard warehouse type structure.

With regards Valhalla I haven't ridden it myself but I have seen the on ride video and I think something similar would be a great addition to the park.

Air/Galactica my personal opinion is that its a great idea with, and I hate to say it, an awful track layout. It's meant to give the feeling of flight, but you spend half the track on your back like an upside down turtle or ladybird.

I'd like to see something like Chessington's Vampire combined with the Air harnesses, so you get the free swinging around the corners to give a proper feeling of flight with nice sweeping corners and drops.
Robert.W

Guitar wrote:Air/Galactica my personal opinion is that its a great idea with, and I hate to say it, an awful track layout. It's meant to give the feeling of flight, but you spend half the track on your back like an upside down turtle or ladybird.

I'd like to see something like Chessington's Vampire combined with the Air harnesses, so you get the free swinging around the corners to give a proper feeling of flight with nice sweeping corners and drops.
I had a soft spot for Air. It was my first ever "upside down-y coaster". However I completely see what you mean about its layout. Doesn't make for a bad experience for me, but it certainly isn't "flying"!

Really like the idea of a swinging flying coaster though! I'd love for one of the big flying coaster manufacturers (likely either B&M or Vekoma) to look into something like that in the future! 

Uttox83

Something along the lines of The Mummy ride at Universal would be great! Something along the lines of escape. The Mummy's strength is that you don't know which way to are going to go next whilst trying to escape from the Mummy. Forwards, backwards, spiralling down a drop.. Team it with some nice effects and a reasonably family friendly villain / villainess and you could be onto a winner. Sure the creative team could come up with something.